How does your relationship change after you get married?

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything changes. You will soon start forgetting about some old things you use to do or how you acted and change them without even realizing it because you are so in love. This doesn't mean everything is perfect of course. You can still expect disagreements, maybe some arguments. Maybe even sleeping on the couch (hopefully not lol). But being married is worth it. This is assuming the marriage goes well. Only marry someone you truly feel you know. Try to notice any red flags before hand.

Obviously no matter how well you know them still won't prepare you for some things that you will only learn when married. Some of it awkward stuff you probably never thought about it. Like using the bathroom in front of the other person. Maybe one of you leaves your dirty clothes everywhere. To much phone usage...etc.

And if you have kids, you will see even more changes. You will start hanging around other couples who have kids. The kids become your focus.

One thing I noticed is I realized that sure, sex was great, but we have so much love that sex is not super important to us. As in its not the end of the world if we don't have sex all the time. Again, it may depend on the couple.

I'm just happy to be around my wife. Watch a movie, snuggle up when we sleep, go out together...etc.

• Friendly
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One thing I noticed is I realized that sure, sex was great, but we have so much love that sex is not super important to us. As in its not the end of the world if we don't have sex all the time. Again, it may depend on the couple.
No the sex was not great, for a long time it was non existent. That was due to negative teaching and sexual abuse.

If you come to the marriage with the ideas that God hates sex, and swallows hard and turns the other way once or twice every couple of years so you can conceive; you will have problems.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Mari_magdel

Bible hugger
Jun 14, 2020
Missouri
Visit site
✟19,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering what to expect! Do things get way more complicated?

They can. You go from being free to decide for yourself to sharing that responsibility with your spouse.

Do your expectations change?

The best advice I can give you is to have no expectations except one. You’ll both need plenty of forgiveness because you’re both humans.

Does your love grow and deepen so much more?

Your love grows and deepens in respect, love, and devotion.

I responded in quote.

Upvote 0

Rugged Cross

Jun 18, 2020
Orkney Islands
✟13,678.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK - SNP
We have been married nearly 34 years. We met at my work place, I was a Community Service Volunteer at a YMCA residential centre and she was a resident. We started dating in the May and were married in the August of the same year. After the initial honeymoon period we settled, I have found you never really know each other fully and occasionally learn new things about each other. Love and respect grows. I am personally much happier now trhan at the start, less to learn!

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am personally much happier now trhan at the start, less to learn!

I agree with 14 years in, I'm coming along.

She prayed for a man a little rough around the edges. Man was that one answered.

M

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Everything changes. You will soon start forgetting about some old things you use to do or how you acted and change them without even realizing it because you are so in love. This doesn't mean everything is perfect of course. You can still expect disagreements, maybe some arguments. Maybe even sleeping on the couch (hopefully not lol). But being married is worth it. This is assuming the marriage goes well. Only marry someone you truly feel you know. Try to notice any red flags before hand.

Obviously no matter how well you know them still won't prepare you for some things that you will only learn when married. Some of it awkward stuff you probably never thought about it. Like using the bathroom in front of the other person. Maybe one of you leaves your dirty clothes everywhere. To much phone usage...etc.

Reminds me of an old Spanish proverb:

"Keep your eyes wide open before marriage - and half-shut afterwards".

Upvote 0