How does scripture and SOP show Jesus is Jehovah God?

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,431.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is a article on Jesus that shows how He is the Jehovah God of Abraham, of Creation and the I AM of the burning bush...

“Before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.” Isaiah 43:10

In this article we are going to be examining ... on the basis of Holy Scripture and also using much from my favorite author E.G. White.

We must allow “it is written” to interpret scripture not human speculations concerning such terms as the “only begotten” and “Son of God.” For no “scripture is of any private interpretation.” 2 Peter 1:20. The Arian minded person abstracts from the term “only begotten” that Christ came in to existence. This is based on the implication that all beings are conceived and born into existence due to our finite understanding. Did Christ have an origin, was His life conceived and born into existence? Or is His Life Divine?

“Jesus declared, "I am the resurrection, and the life." In Christ is life, original, unborrowed, underived. "He that hath the Son hath life." The divinity of Christ is the believer's assurance of eternal life.” --The Desire of Ages, p. 530.

If we deny the self-existent “original, unborrowed, underived “ divine life of Christ, we deny that He is “the way the truth and the Life” and cast off the believers ONLY “assurance of eternal life.” Only if Christ has with in Himself eternal life can He impart this to His believers. ...

“8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.” (Ga 1:8-9 AV)

“ For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.” (2Co 11:4 AV)

Now it would be unfair of me to make such broad and far-reaching declarations with out giving ample evidence to support these conclusions. Through out this article such evidence is offered. I would not have the reader misunderstand anything I am stating. Ample light is given to present that if one denies that Jesus Christ is the “self-existent One” he is in fact rejecting the “YHVH” (Jehovah) of the whole Bible. YHVH or Jehovah means literally, “the self-Existent or Eternal” Strong’s Concordance Hebrew #3068.

“Christ is the pre-existent, self-existent Son of God.... In speaking of his pre-existence, Christ carries the mind back through dateless ages. He assures us that there never was a time when He was not in close fellowship with the eternal God. He to whose voice the Jews were then listening had been with God as one brought up with Him.”--Signs of the Times, Aug. 29, 1900.

Let’s reiterate that ALL scripture must be interpreted by other scripture not by the mind of man. With this thought let’s begin by examining the word “only begotten.”

Q. What does the word “only begotten” literally mean in the original Greek?

A. “3439 monogenes mon-og-en-ace’

from 3441 and 1096; TDNT-4:737,606; adj

AV-only begotten 6, only 2, only child 1; 9

1) single of its kind, only
1a) used of only sons or daughters (viewed in relation to their parents)
1b) used of Christ, denotes the only begotten son of God” Strong’s Concordance.

The term “only begotten” comes from the Greek “monogenes” from which you have these two words 3441“mono” and 1096“genes.” Most are familiar with the term mono and stereo. Monotone is a single voice pitch. Genes are the structure of DNA. Hence “only begotten” or “only born” is a correct translation.

Q. Does the term “only begotten” (monogenes) refer to anyone besides Christ?

A. “17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, 18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:” (Heb 11:17-18 AV)

Note: Isaac was the second son born to Abraham. Ishmael was born 14 years earlier. Isaac was the only offspring of Abraham to whom the promised “seed, which is Christ” (Galatians 3:16) was to one day be born, 42 generations later. Matthew 1:1-17.

Q. When was Isaac “begotten” according to Scripture?

A. “ Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;” (Mt 1:2 AV)

Note: Isaac was begotten when he was conceived in Sarah’s womb and born to Abraham.

Q. When was Jesus “begotten” according to scripture (not private interpretation)?

“ And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.” (Mt 1:16 AV)

“ And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,” (Lu 3:23 AV)

“ Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.” (Mt 1:18 AV)

“ And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.” (Mt 1:21 AV)

Note: Mary shall “bring forth a son,” who was “Emmanuel” God with us. Jesus was begotten or conceived in the womb of Mary “by the Holy Ghost.” Jesus was over the age of 30 when He spoke John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Please notice Christ was GIVEN just over 30 years before this statement was spoken when he was conceived (or begotten) in Mary’s virgin womb. I hope my Aryan thinking friends understand that last sentence. John 3:16 is speaking in the PAST TENSE of an event that happened just 30 years before. Let’s notice again the words, “Shall bring forth” as found in verse 21.

“ Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” (Mt 1:23 AV)

Q. Does the term “begotten” have any other meaning in connection to Christ?

A. “ I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.” (Ps 2:7 AV)

“ For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?” (Heb 1:5 AV)

Q. What EXACT DAY in history is this event referring to of which the Father says, “Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? (Heb 1:5 AV)”

A. “33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.” (Ac 13:33-34 AV)

The prophecy of Psalms 2:7 according to the inspired interpretation of Scripture is referring to the resurrection of Jesus Christ. There are only two scriptural events in which Christ was “begotten.” Once in Mary’s virgin womb just as Abraham begat Isaac and Isaac begat Jacob and so on. The second time He was “begotten” was from the tomb.

Through Mary’s sinful flesh Christ took on him the nature of Abraham and His offspring, and was thus the “son of man.” He was not the child of Joseph. He was the Son of God. The Holy Spirit immaculately conceived Christ in Mary’s virgin womb, yet He was King of all Heaven. Thus by the Holy Ghost in the virgin Mary’s womb Jesus was born (begotten) as the Son of God. Through Mary’s sinful flesh Jesus was born the son of man. Through the Holy Ghost He was the Son of God.

Q. What did this term Son of God mean in the mind of the Jews?

A. “ Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.” (Joh 5:18 AV)

“ Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:” (Php 2:6 AV)

In the resurrection men that are saved are equal to angels. “ Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.” (Lu 20:36 AV) Jesus was not equal to the angels He was equal to God.

“He was equal with God, infinite and omnipotent. . . . He is the eternal, self-existent Son.”--Manuscript 101, 1897.

“4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. 5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. 7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. 8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.” (Heb 1:4-8 AV).

The above verse said, “let all the angels of God worship him.” This would be blaspheme if Christ was not YHVH (Jehovah). “ Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.” (Mt 4:10 AV) The Father told all the angels to worship Christ because He was equal to Himself and was, “the Lord thy God” who only was to be worshipped.

It is not permitted to worship angels “ Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,” (Col 2:18 AV).

“ And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” (Re 19:10 AV)

“8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.” (Re 22:8-9 AV)

It is not permitted to worship the likeness of anything God has created. The second commandment forbids this. The Bible condemns in clear language those who, “ Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.” (Ro 1:25 AV)

For any creature to claim the right to be worshipped is blaspheme. In fact the Jews falsely accused Jesus of this. “ The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.” (Joh 10:33 AV) Notice these scriptures that show Jesus was worshipped.

Mt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Mt 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Mt 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Mt 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Mt 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

Mt 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Mt 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

Mr 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

Lu 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:

Joh 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

Re 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

“ Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.” (Mt 4:10 AV)

The first commandment says,
"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me."
“Jehovah, the eternal, self-existent, uncreated One, Himself the Source and Sustainer of all, is alone entitled to supreme reverence and worship. Man is forbidden to give to any other object the first place in his affections or his service. Whatever we cherish that tends to lessen our love for God or to interfere with the service due Him, of that do we make a god.” Patriarch’s and Prophets p. 305

If Jesus were not “the eternal, self-existent Son”—(Manuscript 101, 1897), and If Jesus was not “Jehovah, the eternal, self-existent, uncreated One,” it would be blasphemy to worship Jesus just as much as it is blaspheme to worship any other man. “Jehovah, the eternal, self-existent, uncreated One, Himself the Source and Sustainer of all, is alone entitled to supreme reverence and worship.”

“The Lord Jesus Christ, the divine Son of God, existed from eternity, a distinct person, yet one with the Father. He was the surpassing glory of heaven. He was the commander of the heavenly intelligences, and the adoring homage of the angels was received by him as his right. This was no robbery of God.”--The Review and Herald, April 5, 1906, p. 8.

There are three claims of the Bible which Lucifer hates more than all others.

!. The Bible claims that the Son of God has legitimate right to be worshipped.
2. The Bible claims the Son of God is our Creator.
3. The Bible claims that the Son of God possesses authority as King of the Universe to give the Law.

1. Only Almighty God should be worshipped.
2. Only Almighty God is our Creator.
3. Only Almighty God is the Lawgiver of the universe. “There is one lawgiver.” James 2:12. “ For the LORD (Jehovah) is our judge, the LORD (Jehovah) is our lawgiver, the LORD (Jehovah) is our king (Jesus is our King, Rev 19:16; John 1:49); he will save us (Jesus will save us from our sins ( Matthew 1:21).” (Isa 33:22 AV)

Lucifer envied the Son of God for receiving the worship of angels, and said in his heart, “I will exalt my throne above the stars (angels; see Rev 1:20) of God” Isaiah 14:13. In this Lucifer coveted the right to be worshipped. That throne he sought to exalt was a symbol of authority. He wants to exalt his laws above God’s Law. Lucifer cannot create, he can only clone or amalgamate and mutate. Lucifer seeks to deceive men into losing sight of the Son of God’s rightful position of Authority as our Lawgiver and Creator. He hated most bitterly above all of God’s commandments the Law that says to rest the 7th day to honor the day the Son of God rested at creation and commanded at Sinai.

The Arian believer is actually breaking the 1rst commandment if he worships the Jesus he believes in. The Jesus of the Aryan believer is NOT self-Existent and Eternal. The Aryan believer denies that Christ is “Jehovah, the eternal, self-existent, uncreated One” who “alone (is) entitled to supreme reverence and worship.” Patriarch’s and Prophets p. 305. The Aryan believer denies that “In Christ is life, original, unborrowed, underived.” Desire of Ages p.530.

Lucifer seeks his greatest attacks against Christ today through 1. Evolution denying the Son of God’s work of creation. 2.Furthermore attacking the Son of God’s sign of Creation 3.as well as His authority by supplanting His Holy Sabbath with a spurious day. Through Arianism Satan overthrows the Son of God’s legitimate right to be worshipped. Thus when the Arian believer worships a Jesus they believe is NOT self-Existent and Eternal they are unknowingly in fact breaking the first commandment. It is unlawful to worship ANY being other than Jehovah God!

This becomes more serious when we recognize that it was Christ who gave the Ten Commandments. He is the LORD mentioned in the first four of the Ten Commandments.

“Christ was not only the leader of the Hebrews in the wilderness--the Angel in whom was the name of Jehovah, and who, veiled in the cloudy pillar, went before the host--but it was He who gave the law to Israel. Amid the awful glory of Sinai, Christ declared in the hearing of all the people the ten precepts of His Father's law. It was He who gave to Moses the law engraved upon the tables of stone.” Patriarchs and Prophets p. 366.

Jesus is “the Angel in whom was the name of Jehovah,” He is the One who gave the Ten Commandments. The Aryan believers who also accept the writings of E G White cannot solve such a dilemma in his mind? The Aryan believer denies that Jesus is Jehovah, which means “self-Existent, Eternal.” Yet E. G. White wrote that the Son of God spoke and gave the Ten Commandments. I ask my Aryan friends if Jesus is not Jehovah on what basis did He say "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me?" Also to the Arian I ask on what basis do you worship and serve Jesus? The second commandment forbids to serve and worship the likeness of any thing created. Jesus Himself said to ONLY worship and serve the Lord thy God. I sincerely want every Arian to write me a reply to this question, as well as to this entire article. Please take note that I already have the articles by Lynnford Beachy called “How many God’s are there?” so please do not send me this or other articles similar to it. PLEASE I repeat I want answers to the specific points raised in THIS article.

Now lets look at the Bible’s claim of the Son of God being our Creator. The Jehovah’s Witnesses who are also Arian in their belief of Christ and teach that Jesus was the Word who “was a god” John 1:1 (New World Translation of the bible.) The Jehovah’s Witness’s cult worship another Jesus. They accept the scriptures, which teach that Jesus was the Creator. However they interpret this as Jesus being a created angel who was with Jehovah HELPING Jehovah as Jehovah created the heavens and the earth. Arians also accept the scriptures that teach Jesus is the creator with a belief that Jesus HELPED Jehovah create the world. What does the Bible teach about this?

“ Thus saith the LORD (Jehovah), thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD (Jehovah) that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE; that spreadeth abroad the earth BY MYSELF;” (Isa 44:24 AV)

No one HELPED Jehovah make the heavens and earth, JEHOVAH claims He did it ALONE, BY MYSELF!!! The New Testament is clear that Jesus created all things. Jesus is “Jehovah, the eternal, self-existent, uncreated One.”(PP 305) “He is the eternal, self-existent Son.”--Manuscript 101, 1897.

“1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” (Joh 1:1-3 AV)

“13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.” (Col 1:13-17 AV)

“ Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD (Jehovah), the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.” (Isa 40:28 AV)

“The world was made by him, "and without him was not anything made that was made." If Christ made all things, he existed before all things. The words spoken in regard to this are so decisive that no one need be left in doubt. Christ was God essentially, and in the highest sense. He was with God from all eternity, God over all, blessed forevermore. . . . There are light and glory in the truth that Christ was one with the Father before the foundation of the world was laid. This is the light shining in a dark place, making it resplendent with divine, original glory. This truth, infinitely mysterious in itself, explains other mysterious and otherwise unexplainable truths, while it is enshrined in light, unapproachable and incomprehensible.” --The Review and Herald, April 5, 1906, p. 8.

THE GLORY OF JEHOVAH
“ I am the LORD (Jehovah): that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.” (Isa 42:8 AV)

“4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.” (Joh 17:4-5 AV)

“All the communion between heaven and the fallen race has been through Christ. It was the Son of God that gave to our first parents the promise of redemption. It was He who revealed Himself to the patriarchs. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses understood the gospel. They looked for salvation through man's Substitute and Surety. These holy men of old held communion with the Saviour who was to come to our world in human flesh; and some of them talked with Christ and heavenly angels face to face.” Patriarch’s and Prophets p. 366.

I AM
Joh 13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

Jesus is the Jehovah of ALL the Bible. He is the LORD Jehovah that walked in the cool of the day in Eden. Jesus was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Jesus was Jehovah God who gave the Ten Commandments. Jesus was Jehovah God who was in the pillar of fire by night and cloud by day. Jesus was Jehovah God who appeared to Moses in the fiery bush and declared I am that I am. Jesus was Jehovah that said to Moses no man can see my face and live, “He did not think that this babe was He whose glory Moses had asked to see.” Desire of Ages p.52.

With solemn dignity Jesus answered, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. Silence fell upon the vast assembly. The name of God, given to Moses to express the idea of the eternal presence, had been claimed as His own by this Galilean Rabbi. He had announced Himself to be the self-existent One, He who had been promised to Israel, "whose goings forth have been from of old, from the days of eternity." Micah 5:2, margin. {DA 469.5}

“The message was now given them from Jehovah: "Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of Him, and obey His voice, provoke Him not; for He will not pardon your transgressions: for My name is in Him. But if thou shalt indeed obey His voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries." During all the wanderings of Israel, Christ, in the pillar of cloud and of fire, was their Leader.” Patriarchs and Prophets p. 311.

“The Shekinah had departed from the sanctuary, but in the Child of Bethlehem was veiled the glory before which angels bow. This unconscious babe was the promised seed, to whom the first altar at the gate of Eden pointed. This was Shiloh, the peace giver. It was He who declared Himself to Moses as the I AM. It was He who in the pillar of cloud and of fire had been the guide of Israel.” Desire of Ages p. 52.

Lets look at this story of Moses and the Burning Bush.

“14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. 15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.” (Ex 3:14-15 AV)

“The name of God, given to Moses to express the idea of the eternal presence, had been claimed as His own by this Galilean Rabbi. He had announced Himself to be the self-existent One.” Desire of Ages p. 469.

THE FIRST AND THE LAST
Re 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Re 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Re 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Re 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

THE KING OF ISRAEL
Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD (Jehovah) the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD (Jehovah) of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Joh 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Joh 12:13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL

Mr 1:24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

Ac 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Ac 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God:

Psalms 111:9 “holy and reverend is His name.”

“According to the teaching of the Scriptures, it dishonors God to address ministers as "Reverend." No mortal has any right to attach this to his own name or to the name of any other human being. It belongs only to God, to distinguish Him from every other being. Those who lay claim to this title take to themselves God's holy honor. They have no right to the stolen word, whatever their position may be. "Holy and reverend is His name." We dishonor God when we use this word where it does not belong.”--Youth's Instructor, July 7, 1898.

Savior

“ I, even I, am the LORD (Jehovah); and beside me there is no saviour.” (Isa 43:11 AV)

“ Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD (Jehovah)? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.” (Isa 45:21 AV)

“ Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.” (Ho 13:4 AV)

“ Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;” (1Ti 1:1 AV)

“ But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.” (2Pe 3:18 AV)

“ For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:” (Php 3:20 AV)

“ I, even I, am the LORD (Jehovah); and beside me there is no saviour.” (Isa 43:11 AV)

Friends either Jesus is truly Jehovah or He is no Saviour and our faith be in vain.

THE NAME OF JESUS
2424 Ihsouv Iesous ee-ay-sooce’

of Hebrew origin 03091 (see below)

Jesus =" Jehovah is salvation"

1) Jesus, the Son of God, the Saviour of mankind, God incarnate

03091 Y@howshuwa‘ yeh-ho-shoo’-ah

from 03068 and 03467 (see both below), Greek 2424 Ihsouv

Joshua or Jehoshua =" Jehovah is salvation"

03068 Y@hovah yeh-ho-vaw’

Jehovah =" the existing One"

03467 yasha‘ yaw-shah’

AV-save 149, saviour 15, deliver 13, help 12, preserved 5, salvation 3, avenging 2, at all 1, avenged 1, defend 1, rescue 1, safe 1, victory 1; 205

1) to save, be saved, be delivered
1a1) to be liberated, be saved, be delivered
1a2) to be saved (in battle), be victorious
1b1) to save, deliver
1b2) to save from moral troubles
1b3) to give victory to

Again lets look at Isaiah 43:11.

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,431.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"...The Name Jesus means Jehovah or self-Existent Eternal One. The name of Jesus means…

1.The self-Existent Eternal One is my salvation
2.The self-Existent Eternal One gives victory to me
3. The self-Existent Eternal One rescues me
4. The self-Existent Eternal One defends (mediates, advocates)
5. The self-Existent Eternal One causes me to be safe
6. The self-Existent Eternal One helps me
7. The self-Existent Eternal One avenges

If the Son of God were NOT Jehovah the self-Existent Eternal One he would not be the Saviour of the world. “

Yet I am the LORD (Jehovah) thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.” (Ho 13:4 AV)

“Jehovah is the name given to Christ. "Behold, God is my salvation," writes the prophet Isaiah; "I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; He also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day ye shall say, Praise the Lord, call upon His name, declare His doings among the people, make mention that His name is exalted." "In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah: We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks. Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee. Trust ye in the Lord forever; for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength."--The Signs of the Times, May 3, 1899, p. 2.

THE ROCK

Ps 18:31 For who [is] God save the LORD (Jehovah)? or who [is] a rock save our God?

1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Lu 20:17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
Lu 20:18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Mt 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mt 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Ro 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

De 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Note: Jesus is the Rock, His work is perfect, for all His ways are Judgment, A God of truth (He is the truth; John 14:6), Jesus is with out iniquity (Hebrews 4:15), just and right is He.

De 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee. (The Son of God is the Creator that “formed thee.”

1Sa 2:2 There is none holy as the LORD (Jehovah) : for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

2Sa 22:2 And he said, The LORD (Jehovah) is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD

“ This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.” (1Jo 1:5 AV)

“ Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” (Joh 8:12 AV)

“ And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.” (Re 21:23 AV)

“19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD (Jehovah) shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. 20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD (Jehovah) shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.” (Isa 60:19-20 AV)

Note: When Jesus Created the world He began by saying, “Let there be Light and there was light.” The sun and moon were not made until the 4th day. The very first gift God gave this world was His Son Jesus Christ. He it was that said I am the light of the world. In the New Heavens and the New Earth “the Lamb is the light thereof.” The Prophecy of Isaiah says, “the LORD (Jehovah) shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory” “for the LORD (Jehovah) shall be thine everlasting light.” Again Jesus the Son of God is Jehovah equal to His Father.

JESUS IS LORD

“No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.” 1Corinthians 12:3

“ And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.” (Joh 20:28 AV)

“ And they stoned Stephen, CALLING UPON GOD, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” (Ac 7:59 AV)

“ For the LORD (Jehovah) your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:” (De 10:17 AV)

“ These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.” (Re 17:14 AV)

“ And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.” (Re 19:16 AV)

Brothers and sisters I testify to you that JESUS THE SON OF GOD IS THE LORD JEHOVAH. “No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.” 1Corinthians 12:3.

PREPARE YE THE WAY OF THE LORD (JEHOVAH)

“ For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.” (Mt 3:3 AV)

“ The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD (Jehovah), make straight in the desert a highway for our God.” (Isa 40:3 AV)

“ For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” (Isa 9:6 AV)

“8 But unto the Son he (The Father) saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. 9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. 10 And, (Again the Father repeats and calls His Son) Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:” (Heb 1:8-10 AV)

JEHOVAH IS A NAME BELONGING TO MORE THAN ONE

“ Hear, O Israel: The LORD (Jehovah) our God (elohiym) is one LORD (JEHOVAH):” (De 6:4 AV)

In the Bible there are Cherubs and Seraphs, which is the singular form of certain kinds of angels. When there is more than one of these types of angels present they are referred to as Cherubim and Seraphim. The “im” at the end in Hebrew implies plural or more than one. One of the names of God is "El,” it I seldom used. Usually the plural name “Elohiym” is used whereever you see the name “God” in Scripture. The Hebrew Adoni is also translated “God” in the Bible.

0430 ‘elohiym el-o-heem’

PLURAL of 0433; TWOT-93c; n m p

AV-(translated) God 2346 times

1) (PLURAL)
1a) rulers, judges
1b) divine ones
1c) angels
1d) gods
2) (plural intensive-singular meaning)
2a) god, goddess
2b) godlike one
2c) works or special possessions of God
2d) the (true) God
2e) God

Adam and Eve are two persons who became ONE flesh.

“ Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be ONE flesh.” (Ge 2:24 AV)

“ And the multitude (obviously more than one person) of them that believed were of ONE heart and of ONE soul.” (Ac 4:32 AV)

“ Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.” (Php 2:2 AV)

This phrase “of one mind” is not literally one brain, it means “to agree.”

Christ, the Word, the only begotten of God, was one with the eternal Father,--one in nature, in character, in purpose,--the only being that could enter into all the counsels and purposes of God. "His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of peace" (Isa. 9:6). His "goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting" (Micah 5:2).--Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 34.

“ And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:” (Joh 17:22 AV)

“30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.” (Joh 10:30-33 AV)

The Jews had never before heard such words from human lips, and a convicting influence attended them; for it seemed that divinity flashed through humanity as Jesus said, "I and my Father are one." The words of Christ were full of deep meaning as he put forth the claim that he and the Father were of one substance, possessing the same attributes.--The Signs of the Times, Nov. 27, 1893, p. 54.

“The Lord Jesus Christ, the divine Son of God, existed from eternity, a distinct person, yet one with the Father. He was the surpassing glory of heaven. He was the commander of the heavenly intelligences, and the adoring homage of the angels was received by him as his right. This was no robbery of God.”--The Review and Herald, April 5, 1906, p. 8.

“ Hear, O Israel: The LORD (Jehovah) our God (elohiym; PLURAL or more than one person in Godhead) is one LORD (JEHOVAH):” (De 6:4 AV)

“ And God said, Let US make man in our image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.” (Ge 1:26 AV)

At this point I have already written 17 pages. I am tempted to include another 12-page on Michael the Archangel that I wrote which further proves that Christ is Jehovah, but I will not. If you wish to read that simply ask for a copy to be sent to you. I still have about 5 solid pages of quotes from the Spirit of Prophecy to include so I will not be adding much more in this article though I easily could. Evidence of Christ the Son of God being Jehovah is all through the Bible.

No human has ever seen the Father save the Son (1 John 4:12; John 1:18) Yet Jehovah appeared to Abraham (Genesis 18:1;23-27). Jehovah appeared to Moses. The LORD (YHVH) appeared to and spoke to Joshua (Joshua 5:13-6-2) Jehovah appeared to 74 men in Exodus 24:10-12

“No man hath seen God at any time.” 1 John 4:12 “ No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.” (Joh 1:18 AV) No man has ever seen the Father.

“I saw a throne, and on it sat the Father and the Son. I gazed on Jesus' countenance and admired His lovely person. The Father's person I could not behold, for a cloud of glorious light covered Him. I asked Jesus if His Father had a form like Himself. He said He had, but I could not behold it, for said He, "If you should once behold the glory of His person, you would cease to exist.” Early Writings p. 54.

“All the communion between heaven and the fallen race has been through Christ. It was the Son of God that gave to our first parents the promise of redemption. It was He who revealed Himself to the patriarchs. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses understood the gospel. They looked for salvation through man's Substitute and Surety. These holy men of old held communion with the Saviour who was to come to our world in human flesh; and some of them talked with Christ and heavenly angels face to face. Christ was not only the leader of the Hebrews in the wilderness--the Angel in whom was the name of Jehovah, and who, veiled in the cloudy pillar, went before the host--but it was He who gave the law to Israel. Amid the awful glory of Sinai, Christ declared in the hearing of all the people the ten precepts of His Father's law. It was He who gave to Moses the law engraved upon the tables of stone.” Patriarch’s and Prophets p. 366

In summory if any man rejects the truth that the Son of God is Jehovah God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob he is in fact rejecting the God of THE ENTIRE BIBLE! Let the reader beware.

“As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD” (Jehovah) Jesus Christ. Joshua 24:15

PLEASE share this article with as many Christians as possible especially Seventh Day Adventist and Seventh Day Adventist who have become beguiled through Arianism’s doctrines. Please continue reading the next several pages of quotes from the Spirit of Prophecy including the section on the third person of the Godhead the Holy Spirit. You can email me back at the address listed at the top of this article. Thank you for taking time to read this.

With solemn dignity Jesus answered, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. Silence fell upon the vast assembly. The name of God, given to Moses to express the idea of the eternal presence, had been claimed as His own by this Galilean Rabbi. He had announced Himself to be the self-existent One, He who had been promised to Israel, "whose goings forth have been from of old, from the days of eternity." Micah 5:2, margin. {DA 469.5}

Christ is the pre-existent, self-existent Son of God.... In speaking of his pre-existence, Christ carries the mind back through dateless ages. He assures us that there never was a time when He was not in close fellowship with the eternal God. He to whose voice the Jews were then listening had been with God as one brought up with Him.--Signs of the Times, Aug. 29, 1900.

He was equal with God, infinite and omnipotent. . . . He is the eternal, self-existent Son.--Manuscript 101, 1897. {Ev 615.3}

"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me." {PP 305.3}
Jehovah, the eternal, self-existent, uncreated One, Himself the Source and Sustainer of all, is alone entitled to supreme reverence and worship. Man is forbidden to give to any other object the first place in his affections or his service. Whatever we cherish that tends to lessen our love for God or to interfere with the service due Him, of that do we make a god.

[Rev. 1:18-20 quoted.] These are wonderfully solemn and significant statements. It was the Source of all mercy and pardon, peace and grace, the self-existent, eternal, unchangeable One, who visited His exiled servant on the isle that is called Patmos (MS 81, 1900). {7BC 955.11}

I. Deity and Nature of Christ

Christ, the Word, the only begotten of God, was one with the eternal Father,--one in nature, in character, in purpose,--the only being that could enter into all the counsels and purposes of God. "His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of peace" (Isa. 9:6). His "goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting" (Micah 5:2).--Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 34.

The Jews had never before heard such words from human lips, and a convicting influence attended them; for it seemed that divinity flashed through humanity as Jesus said, "I and my Father are one." The words of Christ were full of deep meaning as he put forth the claim that he and the Father were of one substance, possessing the same attributes.--The Signs of the Times, Nov. 27, 1893, p. 54.

Yet the Son of God was the acknowledged Sovereign of heaven, one in power and authority with the Father.--The Great Controversy, p. 495.

To save the transgressor of God's law, Christ, the one equal with the Father, came to live heaven before men, that they might learn to know what it is to have heaven in the heart. He illustrated what man must be to be worthy of the precious boon of the life that measures with the life of God.--Fundamentals of Christian Education, p. 179.

The only way in which the fallen race could be restored was through the gift of his Son, equal with himself, possessing the attributes of God. Though so highly exalted, Christ consented to assume human nature, that he might work in behalf of man and reconcile to God his disloyal subject. When man rebelled, Christ pleaded his merits in his behalf, and became man's substitute and surety. He undertook to combat the powers of darkness in man's behalf, and he prevailed, conquering the enemy of our souls, and presenting to man the cup of salvation.--The Review and Herald, Nov. 8, 1892, p. 690.

The world was made by him, "and without him was not anything made that was made." If Christ made all things, he existed before all things. The words spoken in regard to this are so decisive that no one need be left in doubt. Christ was God essentially, and in the highest sense. He was with God from all eternity, God over all, blessed forevermore. . . . There are light and glory in the truth that Christ was one with the Father before the foundation of the world was laid. This is the light shining in a dark place, making it resplendent with divine, original glory. This truth, infinitely mysterious in itself, explains other mysterious and otherwise unexplainable truths, while it is enshrined in light, unapproachable and incomprehensible. --The Review and Herald, April 5, 1906, p. 8.

The King of the universe summoned the heavenly hosts before Him, that in their presence He might set forth the true position of His Son, and show the relation He sustained to all created beings. The Son of God shared the Father's throne, and the glory of the eternal, self-existent One encircled both.-- Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 36.

However much a shepherd may love his sheep, he loves his sons and daughters more. Jesus is not only our shepherd; He is our "everlasting Father." And He says, "I know Mine own, and Mine own know Me, even as the Father knoweth Me, and I know the Father." John 10:14, 15, R.V. What a statement is this!--the only-begotten Son, He who is in the bosom of the Father, He whom God has declared to be "the Man that is My fellow" (Zech. 13:7),--the communion between Him and the eternal God is taken to represent the communion between Christ and His children on the earth!--The Desire of Ages, p. 483.

Still seeking to give a true direction to her faith, Jesus declared, "I am the resurrection, and the life." In Christ is life, original, unborrowed, underived. "He that hath the Son hath life." 1 John 5:12. The divinity of Christ is the believer's assurance of eternal life.--Ibid., p. 530.

Silence fell upon the vast assembly. The name of God, given to Moses to express the idea of the eternal presence, had been claimed as His own by this Galilean Rabbi. He had announced Himself to be the self-existent One, He who had been promised to Israel, "whose goings forth have been from of old, from the days of eternity."--Ibid., p. 469.

The world's Redeemer was equal with God. His authority was as the authority of God. He declared that he had no existence separate from the Father. The authority by which he spoke, and wrought miracles, was expressly his own, yet he assures us that he and the Father are one.--The Review and Herald, Jan. 7, 1890, p. 1.

Jehovah, the eternal, self-existent, uncreated One, Himself the source and sustainer of all, is alone entitled to supreme reverence and worship.--Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 305.

Jehovah is the name given to Christ. "Behold, God is my salvation," writes the prophet Isaiah; "I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; He also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day ye shall say, Praise the Lord, call upon His name, declare His doings among the people, make mention that His name is exalted." "In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah: We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks. Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee. Trust ye in the Lord forever; for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength."--The Signs of the Times, May 3, 1899, p. 2.

The heavenly gates are again to be lifted up, and with ten thousand times ten thousand and thousands of thousands of holy ones, our saviour will come forth as King of Kings and Lord of lords. Jehovah Immanuel "shall be King over all the earth; in that day shall there be one Lord, and His name one."--Thoughts From the Mount of Blessing, p. 160.

This is the reward of all who follow Christ. Jehovah Emmanuel --He "in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge," in whom dwells "all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" (Col. 2:3, 9)--to be brought into sympathy with Him, to know Him, to possess Him, as the heart opens more and more to receive His attributes; to know His love and power, to possess the unsearchable riches of Christ, to comprehend more and more "what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God" (Eph. 3:18, 19)--"This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of Me, saith the Lord."--Ibid., p. 57.

Before the entrance of sin among the angels: Christ the Word, the only-begotten of God, was one with the eternal Father, --one in nature, in character, and in purpose,--the only being in all the universe that could enter into all the counsels and purposes of God. By Christ, the Father wrought in the creation of all heavenly beings.--The Great Controversy, p. 493.

If men reject the testimony of the inspired Scriptures concerning the deity of Christ, it is in vain to argue the point with them; for no argument, however conclusive, could convince them. "The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14. None who hold this error can have a true conception of the character or the mission of Christ, or of the great plan of God for man's redemption.--Ibid., p. 524.

II. Eternal Pre-existence of Christ

The Lord Jesus Christ, the divine Son of God, existed from eternity, a distinct person, yet one with the Father. He was the surpassing glory of heaven. He was the commander of the heavenly intelligences, and the adoring homage of the angels was received by him as his right. This was no robbery of God.--The Review and Herald, April 5, 1906, p. 8.

In speaking of His pre-existence, Christ carries the mind back through dateless ages. He assures us that there never was a time when He was not in close fellowship with the eternal God. He to whose voice the Jews were then listening had been with God as one brought up with Him.--The Signs of the Times, Aug. 29, 1900.

Here Christ shows them that, although they might reckon His life to be less than fifty years, yet His divine life could not be reckoned by human computation. The existence of Christ before His incarnation is not measured by figures.--The Signs of the Times, May 3, 1899.

From all eternity Christ was united with the Father, and when He took upon Himself human nature, He was still one with God.--The Signs of the Times, Aug. 2, 1905, p. 10.

When Christ passed within the heavenly gates, He was enthroned amidst the adoration of the angels. As soon as this ceremony was completed, the Holy Spirit descended upon the disciples in rich currents, and Christ was indeed glorified, even with the glory which He had with the Father from all eternity.--The Acts of the Apostles, pp. 38, 39.

But while God's Word speaks of the humanity of Christ when upon this earth, it also speaks decidedly regarding his preexistence. The Word existed as a divine being, even as the eternal Son of God, in union and oneness with his Father. From everlasting he was the Mediator of the covenant, the one in whom all nations of the earth, both Jews and Gentiles, if they accepted him, were to be blessed. "The Word was with God, and the Word was God." Before men or angels were created, the Word was with God, and was God.--The Review and Herald, April 5, 1906.

A human being lives, but his is a given life, a life that will be quenched. "What is your life? It is even vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." But Christ's life is not a vapor; it is never-ending, a life existing before the worlds were made.--The Signs of the Times, June 17, 1897, p. 5.

From the days of eternity the Lord Jesus Christ was one with the Father; He was "the image of God," the image of His greatness and majesty, "the outshining of His glory."--The Desire of Ages, p. 19.

He was one with the Father before the angels were created. --The Spirit of Prophecy, vol. 1, p. 17.

Christ was God essentially, and in the highest sense. He was with God from all eternity, God over all, blessed forevermore.-- The Review and Herald, April 5, 1906, p. 8.

The name of God, given to Moses to express the idea of the eternal presence, had been claimed as His own by this Galilean Rabbi. He had announced Himself to be the self-existent One, He who had been promised to Israel, "whose goings forth have been from of old, from the days of eternity." Micah 5:2, margin. --The Desire of Ages, pp. 469, 470.

In it [God's Word] we may learn what our redemption has cost Him who from the beginning was equal with the Father.-- Counsels to Parents and Teachers, p. 13."....excerpted with permission from article by David M. Curtis of Loud Cry Ministries

[Lets take this a next step to see how peoples faith is destroyed by beliefs which deny the deity of Christ. Now we see that Christ lays claim to the great I AM, this is Jehovah. So those who deny Christ as the great I AM are rejecting the eternal, self existing one, who is in fact the "Yahweh" (Jehovah) of the whole Bible. "Yahweh", or Jehovah means literally, “the self-Existent or Eternal” יְהֹוָה Y@hovah {yeh-ho-vaw'} Strong’s Concordance Hebrew #3068, the name Jehovah = "the existing One".
Now there are three claims of the Bible which Satan hates most:
!. The Bible claims that the Son of God has legitimate right to be worshipped.
2. The Bible claims the Son of God is our Creator.
3. The Bible claims that the Son of God possesses authority as the great I AM to give the Law.

So scripture makes clear these points:
1. Only Almighty God should be worshipped.
2. Only Almighty God is our Creator.
3. Only Almighty God is the Lawgiver of the universe.

We see in scripture, “There is one lawgiver.” James 2:12. “ For the LORD (Jehovah) is our judge, the LORD (Jehovah) is our lawgiver, the LORD (Jehovah) is our king (Jesus is our King, Rev 19:16; John 1:49); he will save us (Jesus will save us from our sins ( Matthew 1:21).” (Isa 33:22
Through rejection of the diety of Christ, Satan tried to overthrow the Son of God’s legitimate right to be worshipped. Thus when those do not believe in the diety of Christ, that Christ is the great I AM, Jehovah, the eternal, self existing one, that believer worships a Jesus they believe is NOT self-Existent and Eternal. So they are unknowingly in fact breaking the first commandment. It is unlawful to worship ANY being other than Jehovah God. Then Satan tries to lay doubt to what the Creator did and laid out from the begining including the Sabbath. And we see how Satan has worked hard to make people belive that the Law, the Ten Commandments are null and void, and done away with.
This becomes more serious when we recognize that it was Christ who gave the Law, the Ten Commandments which He wrote with His own finger. He is the LORD mentioned in the first four of the Ten Commandments.
We also see that Satan envied the Son of God for receiving the worship of angels, and said in his heart,“I will exalt my throne above the stars (angels; see Rev 1:20) of God” Isaiah 14:13. In this Lucifer coveted the right to be worshipped. That throne he sought to exalt was a symbol of authority. He also wanted to exalt his laws above God’s Law. Lucifer cannot create, he can only clone or amalgamate and mutate. Lucifer seeks to deceive men into losing sight of the Son of God’s rightful position of Authority as our Lawgiver and Creator. He hated most bitterly above all of God’s commandments the Law which shows the Creator and Lord of the Sabbath.
Their are those who reject the deity of Christ and basically follow the false teachings of Arianism in their belief of Christ and teach that Jesus was the Word who “was a god” John 1:1 (New World Translation of the bible.) They accept the scriptures, which teach that Jesus was the Creator. However they interpret this as Jesus being a created being of angel who was with Jehovah HELPING Jehovah as Jehovah created the heavens and the earth. What does the Bible teach about this?
“ Thus saith the LORD (Jehovah), thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD (Jehovah) that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE; that spreadeth abroad the earth BY MYSELF;” (Isa 44:24)
No one helped Jehovah make the heavens and earth, JEHOVAH did it alone,BY MYSELF'. The New Testament is clear that Jesus created all things.
“1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” (Joh 1:1-3)
“13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.” (Col 1:13-17)
“ Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD (Jehovah), the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.” (Isa 40:28)
“The world was made by him, "and without him was not anything made that was made." If Christ made all things, he existed before all things. The words spoken in regard to this are so decisive that no one need be left in doubt. Christ was God essentially, and in the highest sense. He was with God from all eternity, God over all, and Christ was one with the Father before the foundation of the world was laid.
Now everywhere where the English Bible refers to The Son in the familiar name "Jesus", it uses the Greek word "Iesous" (#2424). Here is the Strong's definition.
2424 Ihsouv Iesous ee-ay-sooce'
of Hebrew origin 03091 ewvy; TDNT-3:284,360; n pr m
AV-Jesus 972, Jesus (Joshua) 2, Jesus (Justus) 1; 975
Jesus="Jehovah is salvation"
1) Jesus, the Son of God, the Saviour of mankind, God incarnate

The name Jesus means Jehovah or self-Existent Eternal One.
Hosea 13:4
Yet I am the LORD (Jehovah) thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

If the Son of God were NOT Jehovah the self-Existent, Eternal One he would not be the Saviour of the world.
Again lets look at Isaiah 43:11.
“ I, even I, am the LORD (Jehovah); and beside me there is no saviour.” (Isa 43:11)
But if Christ is the Lord God Jehovah, it all comes together...
Now lets look at some titles and what is connected to them......
THE GLORY OF JEHOVAH
“ I am the LORD (Jehovah): that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.” (Isa 42:8)

“4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.” (Joh 17:4-5)
THE FIRST AND THE LAST
Rev 1:11
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Rev 1:17
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Rev 2:8
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Rev 22:13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

THE KING OF ISRAEL
Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the LORD (Jehovah) the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD (Jehovah) of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

John 1:49
Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

John 12:13
Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL
Isaiah 43:3
For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:

Ezekiel 39:7
So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD (Jehovah), the Holy One in Israel.

Hosea 11:9
I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.

Habakkuk 1:12
Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.

Mark 1:24
Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
Luke 4:34
Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God
Acts 2:27
Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Acts 3:14
But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
Acts 13:35
Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

1 John 2:20
But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

SAVIOUR
Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD (Jehovah); and beside me there is no saviour.
Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD (Jehovah) ? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Hosea 13:4
Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Luke 1:47
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Luke 2:11
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Acts 5:31
Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Philippians 3:20
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
1 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;
1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
I AM
John 13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I AM.
THE ROCK
Ps 18:31 For who [is] God save the LORD (Jehovah)? or who [is] a rock save our God?
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
Lu 20:17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
Lu 20:18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
Mt 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mt 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Ro 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
De 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
Note: Jesus is the Rock, His work is perfect, for all His ways are Judgment, A God of truth (He is the truth; John 14:6), Jesus is with out iniquity (Hebrews 4:15), just and right is He.
De 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee. (The Son of God is the Creator that “formed thee.”
1Sa 2:2 There is none holy as the LORD (Jehovah) : for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
2Sa 22:2 And he said, The LORD (Jehovah) is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
“ This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.” (1Jo 1:5 AV)
“ Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” (Joh 8:12 AV)
“ And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.” (Re 21:23 AV)
“19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD (Jehovah) shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. 20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD (Jehovah) shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.” (Isa 60:19-20 AV)
Note: When Jesus Created the world He began by saying, “Let there be Light and there was light.” The sun and moon were not made until the 4th day. The very first gift God gave this world was His Son Jesus Christ. He it was that said I am the light of the world. In the New Heavens and the New Earth “the Lamb is the light thereof.” The Prophecy of Isaiah says, “the LORD (Jehovah) shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory” “for the LORD (Jehovah) shall be thine everlasting light.” Again Jesus the Son of God is Jehovah equal to His Father.
JESUS IS LORD
“No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.” 1Corinthians 12:3
“ And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.” (Joh 20:28 AV)
“ And they stoned Stephen, CALLING UPON GOD, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” (Ac 7:59 AV)
“ For the LORD (Jehovah) your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:” (De 10:17 AV)
“ These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.” (Re 17:14 AV)
“ And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.” (Re 19:16 AV)
Brothers and sisters I testify to you that JESUS THE SON OF GOD IS THE LORD JEHOVAH. “No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.” 1Corinthians 12:3.
PREPARE YE THE WAY OF THE LORD (JEHOVAH)
“ For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.” (Mt 3:3 AV)
“ The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD (Jehovah), make straight in the desert a highway for our God.” (Isa 40:3 AV)
“ For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” (Isa 9:6 AV)
“8 But unto the Son he (The Father) saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. 9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. 10 And, (Again the Father repeats and calls His Son) Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:” (Heb 1:8-10 AV)

JEHOVAH IS A NAME BELONGING TO MORE THAN ONE
“ Hear, O Israel: The LORD (Jehovah) our God (elohiym) is one LORD (JEHOVAH):” (De 6:4 AV)
In the Bible there are Cherubs and Seraphs, which is the singular form of certain kinds of angels. When there is more than one of these types of angels present they are referred to as Cherubim and Seraphim. The “im” at the end in Hebrew implies plural or more than one. One of the names of God is "El,” it I seldom used. Usually the plural name “Elohiym” is used whereever you see the name “God” in Scripture. The Hebrew Adoni is also translated “God” in the Bible.
0430 ‘elohiym el-o-heem’
PLURAL of 0433; TWOT-93c; n m p
AV-(translated) God 2346 times
1) (PLURAL)
1a) rulers, judges
1b) divine ones
1c) angels
1d) gods
2) (plural intensive-singular meaning)
2a) god, goddess
2b) godlike one
2c) works or special possessions of God
2d) the (true) God
2e) God
Adam and Eve are two persons who became ONE flesh.
“ Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be ONE flesh.” (Ge 2:24 AV)
“ And the multitude (obviously more than one person) of them that believed were of ONE heart and of ONE soul.” (Ac 4:32 AV)
“ Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.” (Php 2:2 AV)
This phrase “of one mind” is not literally one brain, it means “to agree.”
“ And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:” (Joh 17:22 AV)
“30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.” (Joh 10:30-33 AV)
“ Hear, O Israel: The LORD (Jehovah) our God (elohiym; PLURAL or more than one person in Godhead) is one LORD (JEHOVAH):” (De 6:4 AV)
“ And God said, Let US make man in our image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.” (Ge 1:26 AV)
At this point I have already written 17 pages. I am tempted to include another 12-page on Michael the Archangel that I wrote which further proves that Christ is Jehovah, but I will not. If you wish to read that simply ask for a copy to be sent to you. I still have about 5 solid pages of quotes from the Spirit of Prophecy to include so I will not be adding much more in this article though I easily could. Evidence of Christ the Son of God being Jehovah is all through the Bible.
No human has ever seen the Father save the Son (1 John 4:12; John 1:18) Yet Jehovah appeared to Abraham (Genesis 18:1;23-27). Jehovah appeared to Moses. The LORD (YHVH) appeared to and spoke to Joshua (Joshua 5:13-6-2) Jehovah appeared to 74 men in Exodus 24:10-12
“No man hath seen God at any time.” 1 John 4:12 “ No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.” (Joh 1:18 AV) No man has ever seen the Father.

“All the communion between heaven and the fallen race has been through Christ. It was the Son of God that gave to our first parents the promise of redemption. It was He who revealed Himself to the patriarchs. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses understood the gospel. They looked for salvation through man's Substitute and Surety. These holy men of old held communion with the Saviour who was to come to our world in human flesh; and some of them talked with Christ and heavenly angels face to face. Christ was not only the leader of the Hebrews in the wilderness--the Angel in whom was the name of Jehovah, and who, veiled in the cloudy pillar, went before the host--but it was He who gave the law to Israel. Amid the awful glory of Sinai, Christ declared in the hearing of all the people the ten precepts of His Father's law. It was He who gave to Moses the law engraved upon the tables of stone.” PP p. 366
So if anyone rejects the truth that the Son of God is Jehovah God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob he is in fact rejecting the God of the whole Bible
“As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD” (Jehovah) Jesus Christ. Joshua 24:15
Jesus is the Jehovah of ALL the Bible. He is the LORD Jehovah that walked in the cool of the day in Eden. Jesus was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Jesus was Jehovah God who wrote with His finger on the tables and gave the Ten Commandments. Jesus was Jehovah God who was in the pillar of fire by night and cloud by day. Jesus was Jehovah God who appeared to Moses in the fiery bush and declared I am that I am. Jesus was Jehovah that said to Moses no man can see my face and live.]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lebesgue

Feb 25, 2008
✟8,529.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I ABSOLUTELY AFFIRM that Jesus is G-d.

In fact, at my Messianic Synagogue during the Torah portion of the Service we sing, "Yeshua HaMoshiach Adonai" which means in Hebrew, Jesus, the Messiah IS G-d.

Jesus IS and ALWAYS has been. He did the actual work of Creating. G-d said, "Let US make..." and of course we know what He meant by US.

John 1 says In the beginning was the Word ...
And who is the Word but Jesus, the LIVING Torah.

Shalom,

Lebesgue

Upvote 0
Ellen G. White Estate

S.D.A. Bible Commentary Vol. 5 (1956), page 1129, paragraph 7

Chapter Title: John

There is no one who can explain the mystery of the incarnation of Christ. Yet we know that He came to this earth and lived as a man among men. The man Christ Jesus was not the Lord God Almighty, yet Christ and the Father are one. The Deity did not sink under the agonizing torture of Calvary, yet it is nonetheless true that "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Upvote 0
“The Scriptures clearly indicate the relation between God and Christ, and they bring to view as clearly the personality and individuality of each. [Hebrews 1:1-5 quoted]. God is the Father of Christ; Christ is the Son of God. To Christ has been given an exalted position. He has been made equal with the Father. All the counsels of God are opened to His Son.” {E. G. White, Testimonies Volume 8, p. 268} 1904

“As Jehovah, the supreme Ruler, God could not personally communicate with sinful men, but He so loved the world that He sent Jesus to our world as a revelation of Himself.” {E. G. White, Manuscript Releases Volume 9, p. 122} 1903

“Let the missionaries of the cross proclaim that there is one God, and one Mediator between God and man, who is Jesus Christ the Son of the Infinite God. This needs to be proclaimed throughout every church in our land. Christians need to know this, and not put man where God should be, that they may no longer be worshipers of idols, but of the living God. Idolatry exists in our churches.” {The Ellen G. White 1888 Materials, p. 886} 1891

“The Sovereign of the universe was not alone in His work of beneficence. He had an associate--a co-worker who could appreciate His purposes, and could share His joy in giving happiness to created beings. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God." John 1:1, 2. Christ, the Word, the only begotten of God, was one with the eternal Father--one in nature, in character, in purpose--the only being that could enter into all the counsels and purposes of God. "His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6. His "goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." Micah 5:2. And the Son of God declares concerning Himself: "The Lord possessed Me in the beginning of His way, before His works of old. I was set up from everlasting. . . . When He appointed the foundations of the earth: then I was by Him, as one brought up with Him: and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him." Proverbs 8:22-30. The Father wrought by His Son in the creation of all heavenly beings.” {E. G. White, Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 34} 1890

“The Son of God shared the Father's throne, and the glory of the eternal, self-existent One encircled both. About the throne gathered the holy angels, a vast, unnumbered throng--"ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands" (Revelation 5:11.), the most exalted angels, as ministers and subjects, rejoicing in the light that fell upon them from the presence of the Deity.” {E. G. White, Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 36} 1890

“The Ancient of days is God the Father. Says the psalmist, "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God." [PS. 90:2.] It is he, the source of all being, and the fountain of all law, that is to preside in the Judgment.” {E. G. White, The (1888) Great Controversy, p. 479} 1888

“Satan was well acquainted with the position of honor Christ had held in Heaven as the Son of God, the beloved of the Father.” {E. G. White, Review and Herald, March 3, 1874 par. 21} 1874

“God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son – not a son by creation, as were the angels, nor a son by adoption, as is the forgiven sinner, but a Son begotten in the express image of the Father’s person, and in all the brightness of His majesty and glory, one equal with God in authority, dignity, and divine perfection. In Him dwelt all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.” Signs of the Times. May 30. 1895.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,431.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“The Scriptures clearly indicate the relation between God and Christ, and they bring to view as clearly the personality and individuality of each. [Hebrews 1:1-5 quoted]. God is the Father of Christ; Christ is the Son of God. To Christ has been given an exalted position. He has been made equal with the Father. All the counsels of God are opened to His Son.” {E. G. White, Testimonies Volume 8, p. 268} 1904

“As Jehovah, the supreme Ruler, God could not personally communicate with sinful men, but He so loved the world that He sent Jesus to our world as a revelation of Himself.” {E. G. White, Manuscript Releases Volume 9, p. 122} 1903

“Let the missionaries of the cross proclaim that there is one God, and one Mediator between God and man, who is Jesus Christ the Son of the Infinite God. This needs to be proclaimed throughout every church in our land. Christians need to know this, and not put man where God should be, that they may no longer be worshipers of idols, but of the living God. Idolatry exists in our churches.” {The Ellen G. White 1888 Materials, p. 886} 1891

“The Sovereign of the universe was not alone in His work of beneficence. He had an associate--a co-worker who could appreciate His purposes, and could share His joy in giving happiness to created beings. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God." John 1:1, 2. Christ, the Word, the only begotten of God, was one with the eternal Father--one in nature, in character, in purpose--the only being that could enter into all the counsels and purposes of God. "His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6. His "goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." Micah 5:2. And the Son of God declares concerning Himself: "The Lord possessed Me in the beginning of His way, before His works of old. I was set up from everlasting. . . . When He appointed the foundations of the earth: then I was by Him, as one brought up with Him: and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him." Proverbs 8:22-30. The Father wrought by His Son in the creation of all heavenly beings.” {E. G. White, Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 34} 1890

“The Son of God shared the Father's throne, and the glory of the eternal, self-existent One encircled both. About the throne gathered the holy angels, a vast, unnumbered throng--"ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands" (Revelation 5:11.), the most exalted angels, as ministers and subjects, rejoicing in the light that fell upon them from the presence of the Deity.” {E. G. White, Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 36} 1890

“The Ancient of days is God the Father. Says the psalmist, "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God." [PS. 90:2.] It is he, the source of all being, and the fountain of all law, that is to preside in the Judgment.” {E. G. White, The (1888) Great Controversy, p. 479} 1888

“Satan was well acquainted with the position of honor Christ had held in Heaven as the Son of God, the beloved of the Father.” {E. G. White, Review and Herald, March 3, 1874 par. 21} 1874

“God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son – not a son by creation, as were the angels, nor a son by adoption, as is the forgiven sinner, but a Son begotten in the express image of the Father’s person, and in all the brightness of His majesty and glory, one equal with God in authority, dignity, and divine perfection. In Him dwelt all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.” Signs of the Times. May 30. 1895.
Here is something I came across in the lesson on this..

The Spirit of Prophecy writings are equally clear on this point. While some have insisted that the word Trinity is a Catholic term never used by Ellen White, the following statement uses the word trio, which means exactly the same thing: "The Comforter that Christ promised to send after He ascended to heaven, is the Spirit in all the fullness of the Godhead, making manifest the power of divine grace to all who receive and believe in Christ as a personal Saviour. There are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers-the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit-those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will cooperate with the obedient subjects of hcaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ."

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,431.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and more..

Both Scripture and the writings of Ellen White are clear that the Holy Spirit is God, as well as a Personal Being. Repeatedly, in His promise to His disciples to send the Holy Spirit, Christ refers to this Spirit by such pronouns as '''He'' and ·'Him." See John 14:16-17; 15:26; 16:7, 13-14. In giving the Great Commission just before His ascension, Jesus phlced the Holy Ghost alongside His Father's name and His own name, declaring that His followers should be baptized in the name of all three. See Matthew 28: 19. In the book of Acts, Peler accused Ananias of lying 10 the Holy Ghost (see Acts 5:3), and in the following verse stated to him, "thou hast not lied UNTO men, but unto God." Verse 4.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,431.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Here is a good study on these quotes...
"A careful study of Ellen White’s writings during the years 1890 to 1906 in context clearly shows that she did not contradict herself on this essential concept. One only needs to examine the immediate contexts of the six statements.

Immediate literary context of each statement:

The statements are cited exactly as Dr. Streifling cites them in his article.

First Statement:

“1897 Rev 8:3 ‘The ministry of the angel at the altar of incense is representative of Christ’s intercession…’ (ms 15, 1897)” (emphasis his).

This statement cannot be found anywhere in the published writings of Ellen White. One can type it in on the EGW CD-ROM numerous ways, but this particular combination of words will not show up on the hit list. Dr. Streifling misquoted Ellen White in this instance. Even if this statement were authentic, an angel as symbolically representing Christ does not mean He is reduced to the level of an angel. Here is the actual statement in its context from MS 15, 1897: After quoting Revelation 8:3-4, Ellen White writes:

Let the families, the individual Christians, and the churches bear in mind that they are closely allied to heaven. The Lord has a special interest in His church militant here below. The angels who offer the smoke of the fragrant incense are for the praying saints. Then let the evening prayers in every family rise steadily to heaven in the cool sunset hour, speaking before God in our behalf of the merits of the blood of a crucified and risen Saviour.

That blood alone is efficacious. It alone can make propitiation for our sins. It is the blood of the only-begotten Son of God that is of value for us that we may draw nigh unto God, His blood alone that taketh “away the sin of the world.” Morning and evening the heavenly universe behold every household that prays, and the angel with the incense, representing the blood of the atonement, finds access to God (MS 15, 1897; 7BC 971).

No problem here with the deity of Jesus Christ. If anything, this statement emphasizes the efficacy of His shed blood and its role in answered prayers.

Second Statement:

1900 ‘The mighty angel who instructed John (Rev. 1:1) was no less than the person of Christ‘ (ms 59, 1900)” (emphasis his).

Here is the context for this statement:

The mighty angel who instructed John was no less a personage than Jesus Christ. Setting His right foot on the sea, and His left upon the dry land, shows the part which He is acting in the closing scenes of the great controversy with Satan. This position denotes His supreme power and authority over the whole earth (MS 59, 1900; 7BC 971).

Again Dr. Streifing does not cite Ellen White with precision. He interprets this “mighty angel” as the one in Revelation 1:1. But the context clearly shows Ellen White is discussing the “mighty angel” of Revelation 10:1 (this could be a typo on his part in which the “0”is left out and he really meant “10:1”). Also, the word Mrs. White uses is “personage,” not “person.”

Due to the context of Revelation 10, various interpreters have understood this “mighty angel” to be a divine being–Christ Himself, including the renowned evangelical interpreter Donald G. Barnhouse (Revelation: An Expository Commentary [Grand Rapids, MI: 1971], 179). As such, identifying this angel as Christ certainly does not mean one lowers Christ to the level of an angel. While Ellen White and Donald Barnhouse interpret Revelation differently in many places, they are both on the same page concerning the full deity of Jesus Christ. This is not the place for exegesis of this passage.

Third Statement:

1903 ‘The man Christ Jesus was not the Lord God Almighty’ (ms 150, SDA Bible Commentary Vol. 5, p. 1129)” (emphasis his).

Correction: it is MS 140, not 150. This statement is perhaps the most quoted statement by those who want to prove Ellen White to be an Arian. The context of this statement, however, militates against such an interpretation. I have emphasized in orange what Dr. Streifling cites and the green is my emphasis, so that the reader can quickly discern the context:

Christ left His position in the heavenly courts, and came to this earth to live the life of human beings. This sacrifice He made in order to show that Satan’s charge against God is false–that it is possible for man to obey the laws of God’s kingdom. Equal with the Father, honored and adored by the angels, in our behalf Christ humbled Himself, and came to this earth to live a life of lowliness and poverty–to be a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.Yet the stamp of divinity was upon His humanity. He came as a divine Teacher, to uplift human beings, to increase their physical, mental, and spiritual efficiency. There is no one who can explain the mystery of the incarnation of Christ. Yet we know that He came to this earth and lived as a man among men. The man Christ Jesus was not the Lord God Almighty, yet Christ and the Father are one. The Deity did not sink under the agonizing torture of Calvary, yet it is nonetheless true that “God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (MS 140, 1903; 5BC 1129).

It becomes obvious upon a careful reading of this paragraph that Ellen White is attempting to explain the distinction between God the Father (“the Lord God Almighty“) and God the Son (“the man Christ Jesus“). She is in no way diminishing the divinity of Jesus Christ. Her writing is careful: “There is no one who can explain the mystery of the incarnation of Christ. Yet we know that he came to this earth and lived as a man among men.” Then comes the statement attempting to explain the unexplainable “mystery of the incarnation”: “The man Christ Jesus was not the Lord God Almighty, yet Christ and the Father are one.” The conjunctive adverb “yet,” which begins the latter clause, joins the two contrasting ideas. As such, the two clauses form a unit and should not be separated, as Dr. Streifling and others have done.

Ellen White is communicating the idea that while Jesus Christ and His Father are distinct in their persons, they are still one. Elsewhere she wrote: “The Lord Jesus Christ, the divine Son of God, existed from eternity, a distinct person, yet one with the Father (Review and Herald, April 5, 1906). Here she is attempting to explain this distinction after the incarnation without undermining the truth that Christ and the Father are still of “one substance, possessing the same attributes.” (Signs of the Times, Nov. 27, 1893). The “mystery of the incarnation” cannot be fully explained in human words, as she herself acknowledges.

One can only wonder why Dr. Streifling and others never address the immediate and larger literary context of this statement....."

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,431.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
cont..
"Fourth Statement:

“1904 ‘To Christ had been given an exalted position. He has been made equal with the Father’ (Testimonies vol. 8, p. 268)” (emphasis his).

Again, Streifling has misquoted Ellen White. Instead of “had been given,” Mrs. White wrote: “has been given.” The way these two sentences are cited without their context implies that at some point in the past the Father gave Christ something He did not already possess. Here is the statement in its context:

The Scriptures clearly indicate the relation between God and Christ, and they bring to view as clearly the personality and individuality of each.

“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; being made so much better than the angels, as He hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said He at any time, Thou art My Son, this day have I begotten Thee? And again, I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to Me a Son?” Hebrews 1:1-5.
God is the Father of Christ; Christ is the Son of God. To Christ has been given an exalted position. He has been made equal with the Father. All the counsels of God are opened to His Son (Testimonies, vol 8, p. 268).

These comments immediately follow the christologically important Hebrews 1:1-5. What does she mean by “has been given an exalted position” and “has been made equal to the Father”?

Earlier in the context of this chapter, “A Personal God” (pp. 263-278), Ellen White wrote in a subdivision entitled, “God Revealed in Christ” (pp. 265-266):

As a personal being, God has revealed Himself in His Son. Jesus, the outshining of the Father’s glory, “and the express image of His person” (Hebrews 1:3), was on earth found in fashion as a man. As a personal Saviour He came to the world. As a personal Saviour He ascended on high. As a personal Saviour He intercedes in the heavenly courts. Before the throne of God in our behalf ministers “One like unto the Son of man.” Revelation 1:13. Christ, the Light of the world, veiled the dazzling splendor of His divinity and came to live as a man among men, that they might, without being consumed, become acquainted with their Creator. No man has seen God at any time except as He is revealed through Christ (p. 265).

Here she unmistakingly expresses the full diety of Jesus Christ, particularly in citing Hebrews 1:3. So based on what she says here on page 265, she is not saying three pages later (p. 268) with the same text (Heb. 1:1-5) that Christ was given something he did not already possess.

In fact, in the statement under consideration (p. 268), she seems to follow the flow of thought in Hebrews 1:1-5. For example, her words, “has been given an exalted position,” seem to follow Hebrews 1:3d, “sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high,” which portray Christ after His ascension and enthronement as the Priest-King of the universe. The text says God’s Son has been given an exalted position based on his works and attributes (verse 3a-c). Furthermore, her other words, “has been made equal to the Father,” seem to follow Hebrews 1:3 and verse 4, “being made so much better than the angels.” Again, a reference to the results of the ascension and enthronement.

In other words, her statement can be seen as an elaboration on this text in Hebrews 1:1-5, which portrays Christ after his ascension. Admittedly, she does not give a detailed exposition. But her purpose in the context of this subdivision, “Testimony of Scripture” (pp. 268-269), is to let the Scriptures do most of the talking about the “relation between God and Christ” (p. 268). As such, one will find that cited Scripture mostly composes this subdivision.

Having said this, it must be admitted that the wording of this statement is not as clear as other statements on the topic. But due to the larger literary context and the nature of the Scriptures she cites, it is reasonable to conclude that this statement is not teaching any kind of Arainism.

In Philippians 2:5-11, another great New Testament christological passage, Paul speaks of Christ as being equal with God (vs. 6), Christ in his incarnation and humilating death (vss. 7-8), and then God exalting Jesus Christ to the highest place (vs. 9). Paul certainly did not mean Christ was not equal with God before this exaltation (vs. 6).

Fifth Statement:

“1905 ‘The instruction…was so important that Christ came…to give it to his servant…’ (ms 129; Bible Commentary vol. 7, p. 971).”

This statement does come from MS 129, 1905, but Dr. Streifling has the wrong page from the SDA Bible Commentary, vol. 7. The correct page for this statement is 953. Here is the statement in its context:

“The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified [it] by his angel unto his servant John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw” (Revelation 1:1-2). The whole Bible is a revelation; for all revelation to men comes through Christ, and all centers in Him. God has spoken unto us by His Son, whose we are by creation and by redemption. Christ came to John exiled on the Isle of Patmos to give him the truth for these last days, to show him that which must shortly come to pass. Jesus Christ is the great trustee of divine revelation. It is through Him that we have a knowledge of what we are to look for in the closing scenes of this earth’s history. God gave this revelation to Christ, and Christ communicated the same to John.

John, the beloved disciple, was the one chosen to receive this revelation. He was the last survivor of the first chosen disciples. Under the New Testament dispensation he was honored as the prophet Daniel was honored under the Old Testament dispensation.

The instruction to be communicated to John was so important that Christ came from heaven to give it to His servant, telling him to send it to the churches. This instruction is to be the object of our careful and prayerful study; for we are living in a time when men who are not under the teaching of the Holy Spirit will bring in false theories. These men have been standing in high places, and they have ambitious projects to carry out. They seek to exalt themselves, and to revolutionize the whole showing of things. God has given us special instruction to guard us against such ones. He bade John write in a book that which should take place in the closing scenes of this earth’s history (MS 129, 1905).

Based on his comments, Dr. Streifling believes Ellen White was saying that Jesus Chirst is the “angel” in Revelation 1:1. A cursory reading of this statement could leave one with this impression. The text in Revelation 1:1 says that Jesus sent his angel to communicate the revelation to John, but Mrs. White says “Christ came to John exiled on the Isle of Patmos” and “Christ came from heaven to give it [the revelation] to His servant.” Is there a contradiction here? Or is Mrs. White saying Jesus and the angel in Revelation 1:1 are the same person, as Dr. Steifling asserts?

It is important to note that Dr. Streifling cites fragments of the statement without its literary context. Notice the complete statement above in orange text. I have bolded the clause Dr. Streifling left out, which clarifies the meaning. While she cites Revelation 1:1-2 at the beginning, it becomes clear that she is referring to much more than just the first two verses. She is commenting on the entire first chapter of Revelation, not just verse one. Notice a three-part chain of transmission regarding the revelation:

1. Jesus receives the revelation from God (Rev. 1:1).
  2. Jesus sends his angel who communicates the revelation to John (Rev. 1:1).
  3. John is told to communicate to the churches the things which he saw in vision (Rev. 1:11,19).
In Revelation 1:9-18, Jesus appears to John personally as the resurrected and ascended Lord. John describes his experience:

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades (Rev. 1:17-18; NIV).

After this personal encounter, John is told to communicate the revelation: “Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later (Rev. 1:19). Then chapters 2 and 3 record Jesus’ messages to the seven churches. Mrs. White thus reflects what the text says:

The instruction to be communicated to John was so important that Christ came from heaven to give it to His servant, telling him to send it to the churches. This instruction is to be the object of our careful and prayerful study” (MS 129, 1905; SDABC, vol. 7, p. 953-954).

Thus, when she says Christ came to John personally to give him instruction, she is referring to Revelation 1:9-19. She is not saying, therefore, that Christ is the angel in Revelation 1:1.

Futher evidence that she did not view the angel of Revelation 1:1 as Jesus Christ is found in The Desire of Ages (1898), where she says this angel of Revelation 1:1 is Gabriel:

Of Gabriel the Saviour speaks in the Revelation, saying that “He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John.” Revelation 1:1. And to John the angel declared, “I am a fellow servant with thee and with thy brethren the prophets.” Revelation 22:9, R. V. Wonderful thought–that the angel who stands next in honor to the Son of God is the one chosen to open the purposes of God to sinful men (DA 99).

Sixth Statement:

“1905 Rev 10:6 ‘In swearing by the creator, the angel who is Christ, swore by himself’ (ibid., p. 798)” (emphasis his).

Dr. Streifling gives the impression this is a statement from the pen of Ellen White when, in fact, it is the commentator’s remarks on verse 6 in the SDABC, vol. 7, p. 798. Ellen White did not say these words. She does, however, take the poisition that the great angel of Reveation 10:1 is the divine person of Christ, as the discussion on the second statement above shows.

Even here the Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary is not lowering Christ to the position of an angel. The commentators take the position, like Ellen White, that the great angel is no less than the divine person of Jesus Christ. See the discussion of angels and Christ in Questions on Doctrine.

Thus, as one can plainly see, these six statements in their literary contexts do not befog or contradict Ellen White’s many clear statements on the divinity and eternity of Jesus Christ....Ellen White and Arianism - Ellen White Answers

Upvote 0