palisades park
✟22,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hear voices, they comfort me and teach me about scripture, they give me a feeling of peace and joy, they also say that they acknowledge Jesus Christ has come in the flesh and that Jesus is Lord and Jesus is the Christ. Are they of God, are they angels, or are they demons, how can one tell? I used to hear demonic voices, they were terrifying and used to insult me all the time, they seem to be gone. But these voices are not like that, do I need the gift of discerning of spirits to know whether these spirits are of God, or are there other ways? Would evil spirits do this? Do I hear angels? Any help would be appreciated. :)

• Prayers
Reactions: Justin D

Light_Conquers

Mar 9, 2020
Tbilisi
✟35,473.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush.

Matthew 7:16
By their fruit you will recognize them. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Matthew 12:33
Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear voices, they comfort me and teach me about scripture, they give me a feeling of peace and joy, they also say that they acknowledge Jesus Christ has come in the flesh and that Jesus is Lord and Jesus is the Christ. Are they of God, are they angels, or are they demons, how can one tell? I used to hear demonic voices, they were terrifying and used to insult me all the time, they seem to be gone. But these voices are not like that, do I need the gift of discerning of spirits to know whether these spirits are of God, or are there other ways? Would evil spirits do this? Do I hear angels? Any help would be appreciated. :)

I would begin to pray that the LORD give you discernment. That is they be evil it would be revealed.

I will share a story with you from my life.

Often times demons would come to me, pretending to be God. They would give a really positive feeling and say "go and watch inappropriate content God knows how much you want to, and he know it will hurt no one". The voice feels good, feels loving, feels wonderful. Yet it is a demon from hell, trying to get me to sin.

I would not base your study of scripture based upon voices, or even positive feelings, read scripture, study it, believe it.

Voices in a christian life should always be secondary to prayer, and the study of the word of God, the bible. Most Christian work can be achieved with out the guidance of Angles, or even God's voice.

That is not to say God will not speak, but he often speaks through his word, the bible. He will give you impressions, even things to say, but obedience to the Holy Spirit is often hard, as people do not always want to hear what God says, and demons will resist God's word being spoken, in truth.

For a time listen less to voices, and more to learning the bible with your natural mind, filling your mind with God's promises.

• Friendly
Reactions: Justin D
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Angels are sent to you with a message, in Biblical accounts we do not find Angels speaking with others to someone.
He the holy spirit speaks through a wisdom that is imparted or some would say a unction or Rhema word.
He is God, communing with your Spirit.
It is a spiritual message you can translate as knowledge or prophecy.

Hearing Gods audible voice is a rare occurrence.
Gods voice knows your heart and speaks absolute truth.
God is unmistakable when he speaks.
I was told something directly once that I knew in my heart to be true,yet I was lamenting why.
God will ask a question that gives you the answer because the answer is in your heart.
In over 53 years I have heard Gods audible voice two times.
So where does that leave us with the voices?
We know they are plural by saying we.
They do not say they are The Son of God or Christ with you.
They say things that seem right.
Here is a verse:

James 2: 19. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Ask by saying lord Jesus help me understand,I ask Father God in the name of Jesus Christ to help me know who is speaking to me.
The Holy Spirit is our,
Comforter and will guide you in truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush.

Matthew 7:16
By their fruit you will recognize them. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Matthew 12:33
Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.
Good lesson there about fruits. Galatians has about the fruit of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Justin D

Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
✟22,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I also hear voices, they used to act like they was Jesus but they aren't they are very annoying, sometimes convincing but they are just demons trying to steal my faith that Jesus Christ is Lord. My opinion is read "1 John 4:3" and if they cant say "Jesus Christ is come in the flesh" then they are of the antichrist.

Upvote 0

Justin D

Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
✟22,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If the voice or voices won't say Jesus Christ is come in the flesh then it is that spirit of antichrist 1 John 4:3. If they cant say that and you want them to shut up or stop pray about it. Ask Father God The Lord Jesus Christ to show you how to get rid of them, or maybe ask Him to do it, he gave us power over satan. Also you will know that its Jesus Christ if it is him john 10:4. Pray and ask for discernment too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul James

Apr 14, 2020
Christchurch
✟3,275.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If the voice or voices won't say Jesus Christ is come in the flesh then it is that spirit of antichrist 1 John 4:3. If they cant say that and you want them to shut up or stop pray about it. Ask Father God The Lord Jesus Christ to show you how to get rid of them, or maybe ask Him to do it, he gave us power over satan. Also you will know that its Jesus Christ if it is him john 10:4. Pray and ask for discernment too.
We must remember that demons know the truth, but they will lie. A demon will say that Jesus has come in the flesh because that is what it knows. Demons can say anything if it means it can deceive a believer and keep itself hidden from view. If you are not sure about the voice that you are hearing, then ignore every voice that speaks to you mind, whether it unsettles you or makes you feel peaceful, because demons can give you a false peace along with the voice.

Therefore when there is doubt about a voice, depend on the written Scriptures and allow the true voice of the Holy Spirit to speak through them to you.

Upvote 0

Justin D

Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
✟22,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We must remember that demons know the truth, but they will lie. A demon will say that Jesus has come in the flesh because that is what it knows. Demons can say anything if it means it can deceive a believer and keep itself hidden from view. If you are not sure about the voice that you are hearing, then ignore every voice that speaks to you mind, whether it unsettles you or makes you feel peaceful, because demons can give you a false peace along with the voice.

Therefore when there is doubt about a voice, depend on the written Scriptures and allow the true voice of the Holy Spirit to speak through them to you.
I agree. But a demon won't say "Jesus Christ is come in the flesh". They will say stuff that sounds similar or but they won't say it word for word. And your also rite about them being deceiving and liars. I had one almost make me completely believe it was God but I kept resisting and eventually it said satan. So yes they are tricky but that's why this scripture kjv 1 john 4:3 is there

• Informative
Reactions: Paul James
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

ask them to define terms.

Upvote 0