USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I edited my post a little bit just now, etc...

What upsets me is all the dishonesty of some who more commonly tell others that they must keep and/or obey them, and with how they tell or teach others that they must do it, etc, but am not upset about the teaching others to keep and/or obey them them/itself specifically, etc...

God Bless!
How do you know what people do on the internet that you have never met and don’t know. I think only God is all-knowing so I wouldn’t worry so much what others may or may not be doing, we are only accountable for ourselves. You will not be judged based on what other people do or do not do. No one can fool God, He knows our every thought and everything done in darkness will come to light.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you saying that its impossible to keep the commandments of God, that God would command us to keep them and then judge us by them if it were impossible to keep? That doesn’t sound like a loving God to me. While we can do nothing on our own, all things are possible with God- do you believe this? That includes gaining victory over sin with the help of the Holy Spirit. John 14:15-18. Acts 5:32 If one slips and falls we have an Advocate with Jesus who is just and faithful to forgive us when we confess our sins and repent. We should not be comfortable sinning or living in perpetual sin. The commandments of God just point out sin so we know what not to do. Romans 7:7 James 2:10-12. The rest, the judging part, calling people names that you do not know, I would give that to God. There is nothing any of us can do that won’t come to light come judgement day and my prayer is that we will all be ready on that glorious day of the coming of Jesus Christ. God bless.
Do you ever covet, or are you ever envious or jealous ever at all, or do you ever have hate/anger in your heart ever even it is for only a split second ever at all ever, etc, or do you ever have any kind of lustful feelings or thoughts ever, etc, even if it is only for a second, etc...?

The law covers very much more than you right now know or currently think it does, etc...

And it is impossible this side of life for us not to ever fail at them sometimes, etc...

What is the most important is our being honest about it, and also our getting back up, and never ever giving up, etc...

And many people fail at them daily, etc, but we don't ever give up on them either, etc, but we always our very, very best always, etc, so that we can be better people, and always be getting better and improving always, etc...

But we all fail and fall short sometimes, and sometimes sometimes daily, etc, but we still love God and Jesus very, very much so, and this does not mean that we don't, etc...

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
How do you know what people do on the internet that you have never met and don’t know. I think only God is all-knowing so I wouldn’t worry so much what others may or may not be doing, we are only accountable for ourselves. You will not be judged based on what other people do or do not do. No one can fool God, He knows our every thought and everything done in darkness will come to light.
When I do not direct a post at you directly, or words at you directly, then I leave it up to the reader to decide if they feel convicted by it in their own conscience or not, etc...

I know some people, or a lot of people, but also cannot most usually tell for sure who is specifically who right away directly, and that part is not up to me for me to worry about anyway, etc...

If you felt it was about you, then that part is on you, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you ever covet, or are you ever envious or jealous ever at all, or do you ever have hate/anger in your heart ever even it is for only a split second ever at all ever, etc, or do you ever have any kind of lustful feelings or thoughts ever, etc, even if it is only for a second, etc...?

The law covers very much more than you right now know or currently think it does, etc...

And it is impossible this side of life for us not to ever fail at them sometimes, etc...

What is the most important is our being honest about it, and also our getting back up, and never ever giving up, etc...

And many people fail at them daily, etc, but we don't ever give up on them either, etc, but we always our very, very best always, etc, so that we can be better people, and always be getting better and improving always, etc...

But we all fail and fall short sometimes, and sometimes sometimes daily, etc, but we still love God and Jesus very, very much so, and this does not mean that we don't, etc...

God Bless!

Are you asking if I am a sinner? Yes, of course. When I sin, I confess and repent and ask Jesus to give me His Spirit to overcome my sin. When I sin, I feel a lot of guilt and shame, like I let God down. I struggle with that sometimes not forgiving myself, but I know we should not punish ourselves more than what God does. When we repent, God promises to forgive us, so as long as we are sincere and are truly wanting to change, Jesus can give us that power to overcome. This is a lifetime struggle and part of the sanctification process. We should never be comfortable living in sin, I think this is dangerous. Hebrews 10:26-30

I believe our God is more powerful than our sin but sadly many people think sin is more powerful than our God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When I do not direct a post at you directly, or words at you directly, then I leave it up to the reader to decide if they feel convicted by it in their own conscience or not, etc...

God Bless!
I was responding to a direct quote from you, so I assumed you were referring to me. If not, no worries. :)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I do everything in the light, etc.

Not like I have much of a choice, etc.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was responding to a direct quote from you, so I assumed you were referring to me. If not, no worries. :)
I'm trying my best to try and leave that up to the reader... sorry if I did not do it perfectly, etc. :)

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you asking if I am a sinner? Yes, of course I am. When I sin, I confess and repent and ask Jesus to give me His Spirit to overcome my sin.

Then I would ask you to please always mention this part always and every single time you are telling or are trying to teach others that they always have to obey and keep the commandments, please, etc, ok...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we don't have a transformation (Accepting Jesus Christ as our personal savior, repenting from our sins , baptism and walking in newness with Christ) there is no scripture saying we have salvation, so you're slicing hairs in my opinion.

You have to be kidding me?! I gave you the scripture that showed we have eternal life now. Do you honestly believe you can have eternal life without being saved?

John 10:27-29
27 My sheep hear My voice
(positive response to the Gospel message), and I know them (brought into a relationship with God by the Father through the Son), and they follow Me. 28 And I give (present tense, NOT future tense) them eternal life (Jn.17:3 relational knowledge of God), and they shall never perish (never because it is the Lord who keeps us saved not us); neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand (no matter how much you let go, the Lord never does. So go ahead, kick and scream all you like while under discipline, if you are "in Christ" there is no getting out). 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. (Double whammy of being secure)

:sigh:

Let it be unto you according to your faith. I'm done responding.

Have a great day.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have to be kidding me?! I gave you the scripture that showed we have eternal life now. Do you honestly believe you can have eternal life without being saved?

John 10:27-29
27 My sheep hear My voice
(positive response to the Gospel message), and I know them (brought into a relationship with God by the Father through the Son), and they follow Me. 28 And I give (present tense, NOT future tense) them eternal life (Jn.17:3 relational knowledge of God), and they shall never perish (never because it is the Lord who keeps us saved not us); neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand (no matter how much you let go, the Lord never does. So go ahead, kick and scream all you like while under discipline, if you are "in Christ" there is no getting out). 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. (Double whammy of being secure)

:sigh:

Let it be unto you according to your faith. I'm done responding.

Have a great day.

We went though John 10:27-29 here How does one receive salvation? which shows there are lots of conditions before we get to the promise. The promise is eternal life. Right now we are mortal. We all have to face judgement before receiving either God’s grace or condemnation. 2 Corinthians 5:10, Revelation 20. Those who are saved will never be snatched out of the Fathers hand, thats a promise we can count on. We won’t know if we will be saved until the last day on judgement day.

When will we be judged?

John 12:48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.

The last day has not come yet.

Which is why scripture says: Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

We still need to overcome until the last day.

God bless.

PS: We should consider all scripture when there is a reference. For example knowing Jesus is linked to our obedience to the commandments of God. 1 John 2:3-5, Matthew 7:21-23. I know its easy to use our definitions on what seems to make sense to us, but the scripture will reveal meanings if allowed and at the end of the day, only God’s Word matters, not our thoughts, feelings or opinions. Proverbs 3:5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If someone was to ask me why they should try to keep and/or obey the commandments when even I cannot ever do it perfectly a lot of the time, etc, I would tell them that one of the great truths about humanity and people, is that the good ones always try to do and be better, and are always striving to be more or better than what they currently are, etc, and that God's commandments, or moral laws, help us to do that always with each and every single effort or try, etc, and that that is why we should always try, etc, it does not matter so much really that we may or may not be able to always be made 100% perfect always and continually this side of life, etc, but what matters is that we are always and continually trying to do and be always better always, and are always becoming more and better than what we always right now currently are, etc...

And God's moral laws can help us do that, etc, because they let us know what is right from what is wrong, etc...

And the effort alone always yields it own rewards always, etc...

And those rewards are us becoming better people, and becoming more than what we right now currently are, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When will we be judged?

John 12:48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.

Honestly!! You can't even read the verse correctly that you put up. Who is judged on the last day? The one who rejects Jesus Christ. Have you rejected Jesus Christ? No, you have not! Our judgement is before the seat of Christ. This is a judgement for believers only. Unbelievers are judged before the Great White Throne.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Please note: Christians can do bad things and still be saved. Who knew God would be so gracious and kind, merciful and faithful, even when we are not. :doh:

Be it unto you according to your faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Honestly!! You can't even read the verse correctly that you put up. Who is judged on the last day? The one who rejects Jesus Christ. Have you rejected Jesus Christ? No, you have not! Our judgement is before the seat of Christ. This is a judgement for believers only. Unbelievers are judged before the Great White Throne.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Please note: Christians can do bad things and still be saved. Who knew God would be so gracious and kind, merciful and faithful, even when we are not. :doh:

I am not referring to those who have repented for their sins and have turned from sin, of course those can still be saved. We do not save ourselves, Jesus Christ does and we do not know our fate yet because judgement day has not happened. Judgement day is for everyone. Those saved receive grace, others condemnation. Which is why it is a repeated theme in scripture to hold out until the end. Right now we can still be in a saved state and turn from Christ and be lost and we can still be in a lost state and turn to Christ and be saved Hebrews 4:4-6 when probation closes that is when our fate is sealed, once saved always saved does not reconcile with the scriptures. Either does judging ourselves. :)

Revelation 22:11-12 “He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still. And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work”

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

James 2:12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

“God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether good or evil” Ecclesiastes 12:14

Judgement is for everyone and it will be when Jesus comes, which is why we should overcome until the very end. Revelation 3:21

The first judgement (those rewarded) will be for those in Christ. The dead will rise first and meet Jesus in the air and those alive at the time of the Second Coming with meet Jesus in the air.

“Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him” (Revelation 1:7).

“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory” (Matthew 25:31)

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

The unsaved those who received condemnation we are told this:

Matthew 13:40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire.

“With the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked” Isaiah 11:4.

“At that day the slain of the Lord shall be from one end of the earth even to the other end of the earth” Jeremiah 25:33.

We are told Satan is a great deceiver and deceives the majority

False christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect” (Matthew 24:24).

So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; Revelation 12:9

What is our shield from Satan? The Word of God

“To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” (Isaiah 8:20).

Until then. . . .

And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations Revelation 2:26

To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am not referring to those who have repented for their sins and have turned from sin, of course those can still be saved. We do not save ourselves, Jesus Christ does and we do not know our fate yet because judgement day has not happened. Judgement day is for everyone. Those saved receive grace, others condemnation. Which is why it is a repeated theme in scripture to hold out until the end. Right now we can still be in a saved state and turn from Christ and be lost and we can still be in a lost state and turn to Christ and be saved Hebrews 4:4-6 when probation closes that is when our fate is sealed, once saved always saved does not reconcile with the scriptures. Either does judging ourselves. :)

Revelation 22:11-12 “He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still. And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work”

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

James 2:12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

“God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether good or evil” Ecclesiastes 12:14

Judgement is for everyone and it will be when Jesus comes, which is why we should overcome until the very end. Revelation 3:21

The first judgement (those rewarded) will be for those in Christ. The dead will rise first and meet Jesus in the air and those alive at the time of the Second Coming with meet Jesus in the air.

“Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him” (Revelation 1:7).

“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory” (Matthew 25:31)

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

The unsaved those who received condemnation we are told this:

Matthew 13:40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire.

“With the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked” Isaiah 11:4.

“At that day the slain of the Lord shall be from one end of the earth even to the other end of the earth” Jeremiah 25:33.

We are told Satan is a great deceiver and deceives the majority

False christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect” (Matthew 24:24).

So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; Revelation 12:9

What is our shield from Satan? The Word of God

“To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” (Isaiah 8:20).

Until then. . . .

And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations Revelation 2:26

To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Are you saying that its impossible to keep the commandments of God, that God would command us to keep them and then judge us by them if it were impossible to keep? That doesn’t sound like a loving God to me.

This part of your post, I agree with entirely.
And I don't consider Pelagius a heretic for saying the same thing.
But Pelagius has a different take on how the Commandments are kept.
And so do I. Apparently Pelagius wasn't raised on Augustine or Pauline thought.

Upvote 0