How does one forgive themselves for poor habits...

Ruba

Perspective is power
Dec 12, 2013
United States
✟8,699.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...that lasted so long?

Have you ever just had a bad habit whether it be and addiction, laziness, lying.. or anything that you know very well affects others negatively and it wasn't just a blip of a habit that lasted for a few months.. but instead several years?

Just how do you overcome such emotion? And at the same time trusting yourself you won't do it again? I know I made mistakes in the past that didn't go away off the bat... but I always wanted to overcome them. Now the mistakes sit there in the past mocking me saying it'll be back and I am haunted by it from time to time. Especially if I have let someone down in some way...

How many times you gave it to God only to find the problem back in your lap when you open your eyes again? Just how do you truly let it go?

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I've struggled with inappropriate contentography addiction my entire life and can relate to what you are saying completely. All I know is that I have never stopped repenting and asking God for forgiveness. It says:

and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.” ~Luke 17:4

And how much more will God forgive us if we continue to repent. It also says this:

for the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity. ~Proverbs 24:16

So we know what it is we must do: endure and never give up. We know in faith that we will conquer as Yahshua conquered and that we will be raised up on the last day.

Upvote 0