how does god know you have a good heart?...

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 17: NASB

9“The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?

10“I, the LORD, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give to each man according to his ways,
According to the results of his deeds.

• Agree
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
does anyone have any scriptures you can show that shows god knows when you have a good heart?...

The non Christian cannot have a 'good heart' by simply being a non christian.
The standard of 'Good' is set by God so how can someone who hates God have a heart that loves God.

Even Christians struggle to love God.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
does anyone have any scriptures you can show that shows god knows when you have a good heart?...

1 Kings 8:39

then hear in heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive and act and render to each according to all his ways, whose heart You know, for You alone know the hearts of all the sons of men (believers),

He knows all hearts good or bad.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

That is, unfortunately, kind of the problem. As wayward, self-interested creatures (i.e. sinners) our interior life, our "heart" as it were, is rarely if ever truly good.

That isn't to say that everyone is, all the time, acting intentionally malicious, mean, etc; but it does mean that even in our noble efforts there is still something like an infection. The noble and good act may be have good results and therefore is worthy of praise--feeding the hungry, comforting others, seeking a more just society. These are all noble, good, and praiseworthy things and they shouldn't be rejected as such. But the point is that, if we are truly honest with ourselves, we will as we look deeper into ourselves, that nagging, niggling little thing--a good thing was done, and I believe my motives are truly altruistic, but then there's that niggling down below, that little bit of shadow that is poking, prodding, "I want people to like me, so I did something to get me praise.", "I'm so proud of myself, and others should be proud of me too." That hidden worm wriggling about spoiling the good work, deep inside your own heart. That little niggling thing, that's the same thing that leads you to not do good at all too, it's what makes you feel bitterness toward others when they do or say something you don't like. It's what makes you tint green with envy as you see others have and get things that you wish you also had and could receive.

That's sin. And sin doesn't go away, even when we do our best. And that's the problem. We are sick, we need a doctor.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Wrangler

Jun 2, 2019
In World But Not Of World
✟23,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is not how God knows you have a good heart. There is Scripture that says God knows your heart.

This is knowledge. This is a matter of fact. From this knowledge, God judges your known heart to be good or bad. And make no mistake, it is the sum of all choices, not just a generic determination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Drifter91

Jul 6, 2019
Seoul
✟14,547.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
i guess it's all it matters-what you've shown me. to you guys at least. i guess everyone is a little bad somehow...there's so many twists and turns to our maze of morality by now. we are on our way back to where we were morally maybe. we gotta put some effort into all working together. we must have peace...i wish there was one single peace, one single justice for all to be fair for all...urge of triumph and surge of victory is what happens with an i told you so type of attitude...unfortunate...everyone and everything is connected. we gotta pay attention to our harmonies and currents.
there's pretty much no win in losses...there's no victory in that...
sacrifice and sacrifice until there's nothing to sacrifice is nothing...true, there's strength through sacrifice but like i said, there's nothing left to sacrifice eventually.
there should be a process of humbleness to achieve harmony. not a process of loss.
manipulations is bad because it can get to someone very deep inside.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i guess it's all it matters-what you've shown me. to you guys at least. i guess everyone is a little bad somehow...there's so many twists and turns to our maze of morality by now. we are on our way back to where we were morally maybe. we gotta put some effort into all working together. we must have peace...i wish there was one single peace, one single justice for all to be fair for all...urge of triumph and surge of victory is what happens with an i told you so type of attitude...unfortunate...everyone and everything is connected. we gotta pay attention to our harmonies and currents.
there's pretty much no win in losses...there's no victory in that...
sacrifice and sacrifice until there's nothing to sacrifice is nothing...true, there's strength through sacrifice but like i said, there's nothing left to sacrifice eventually.
there should be a process of humbleness to achieve harmony. not a process of loss.
manipulations is bad because it can get to someone very deep inside.
When one earnestly begins seeking God's nature, a division grows within that person. We can foster that division in seeking Christ and live as that person trapped inside that wants to do good even when they fail. The hope of the Christians is that when they die they will leave these bodies of conflict, and be resurrected in new bodies that will not conflict with our intentions to image the nature of God on earth. Only Christ can deliver us from this predicament.

Romans 7:15
"...I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 16 Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. 17 So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

1. God knows everything.

2. "Having a good heart" is not how people are saved.

3. You don't have a good heart. Nether do I. That's why we need to be saved.

Upvote 0