Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I just read it, and read it again, and again , and again,
always prayerfully,
seeking YHWH'S KINGDOM and Y'SHUA'S WISDOM as written:
"Then opened HE their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"

Being holy (set apart) is 'standard' for YHWH'S people Old Testament and New Testament.

Is that in particular of interest to you ?

Leviticus is the 6th most quoted book in the new testament
and largely concerns being holy. It also concerns true freedom.
How do you explain it or study it?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Leviticus is the 6th most quoted book in the new testament
and largely concerns being holy. It also concerns true freedom.
How do you explain it or study it?

As a start, Leviticus is not a new testament book.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Prayerfully, submissively, like all other Words of Yeshua.
If their is something you don't understand, (what works for me is),
ask the Lord about it, then place it on the back burner. Sometimes immediately, sometimes later,
He reveals the answer to me with a confirmation, to assure I got it right.
Friend, God's Word will always bring abundant gifts to the one who reads it,
prayerfully, submissively, and with great expectations.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God hates religion, but HE LOVES PEOPLE.

Excerpts: About 26,400 results (1.10 seconds)
Search Results
God Hates Religion | Defining the Narrative
https://definingthenarrative.com/god-hates-religion/
Talking first to the people He said (paraphrasing), “The scribes and ..... The Bible speaks about love and loving God; and it says that those who love God will ..... that God hates religion, because this is what you are doing as a catholic, but He ...

9 Reasons Jesus Hates Religion (And You Should Too) – Frank Powell
frankpowell.me/jesus-hates-religion
Apr 6, 2015 - But by that definition, almost anything can be a religion. Atheism. ... Jesus didn't come to draw battle lines between people. He .... What makes God amazing is he chooses to love relentlessly even though he has infinite power.

God Hates Religion - Christ in You Ministries
www.christinyou.net/pages/godhatesrel.html
Article explaining that God hates religion. ... Religion binds people up in rules and regulations or in ritualistic patterns of devotion. Christianity, on the other hand, ...

Why God Hates Religion I - Christian Biblical Church of God
https://www.cbcg.org/series/religion/god-hates-religion-01.html
God tells us in the Bible in many, many places that religious people—that's Satan's church—would .... Nowhere does He say He loves pure 'religion. ... So, I did, but I changed the caption from 'God Hates Religion' to 'God Hates False Religion.

WAY-FM » 3 Reasons Why I Think God Hates Religion
www.wayfm.com/content/faith-life/3-reasons-why-i-think-god-hates-religion/
Mar 29, 2016 - God hates religion because it keeps his people away from Him. ... Maybe others in different congregations do understand the grace of Jesus Christ, but I certainly didn't. ... He gives us the kind of love that upsets the status quo.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
God hates religion, but HE LOVES PEOPLE.

Excerpts: About 26,400 results (1.10 seconds)
Search Results
God Hates Religion | Defining the Narrative
https://definingthenarrative.com/god-hates-religion/
Talking first to the people He said (paraphrasing), “The scribes and ..... The Bible speaks about love and loving God; and it says that those who love God will ..... that God hates religion, because this is what you are doing as a catholic, but He ...

9 Reasons Jesus Hates Religion (And You Should Too) – Frank Powell
frankpowell.me/jesus-hates-religion
Apr 6, 2015 - But by that definition, almost anything can be a religion. Atheism. ... Jesus didn't come to draw battle lines between people. He .... What makes God amazing is he chooses to love relentlessly even though he has infinite power.

God Hates Religion - Christ in You Ministries
www.christinyou.net/pages/godhatesrel.html
Article explaining that God hates religion. ... Religion binds people up in rules and regulations or in ritualistic patterns of devotion. Christianity, on the other hand, ...

Why God Hates Religion I - Christian Biblical Church of God
https://www.cbcg.org/series/religion/god-hates-religion-01.html
God tells us in the Bible in many, many places that religious people—that's Satan's church—would .... Nowhere does He say He loves pure 'religion. ... So, I did, but I changed the caption from 'God Hates Religion' to 'God Hates False Religion.

WAY-FM » 3 Reasons Why I Think God Hates Religion
www.wayfm.com/content/faith-life/3-reasons-why-i-think-god-hates-religion/
Mar 29, 2016 - God hates religion because it keeps his people away from Him. ... Maybe others in different congregations do understand the grace of Jesus Christ, but I certainly didn't. ... He gives us the kind of love that upsets the status quo.

"Religion" is by definition "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs". There is nothing about this that God hates, especially because He instituted many religious practices. There is nothing about the definition of "religion" that excludes it from being about loving God and growing in a relationship with Him and the fact that it is important to have a relationship with God is itself a religious teaching.

James 1:27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael Scaman

Apr 16, 2016
Goshen, NY USA
✟12,404.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do notice that when people try to read the Bible from the start to end they go along and read narrative after narrative as they read Genesis and Exodus... then it's like they hit a speed bump with Leviticus because it's mostly not a story but thematic. Exodus spoke of holiness mostly using stories and Leviticus seems to camp out on the subject then numbers and Deuteronomy are more narrative again.

I think if you don't know it might be confusing as you try and read the Bible cover to cover. It feels like a speed bump.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 4.50.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 4.50.58 AM.png
    558.9 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 0