How do you stay encouraged while waiting?

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm at a very discouraging point in my life. How is one to stay happy and okay with being alone while waiting for who God has for you? I thought I found who he was, but God showed my pastor different. It's bittersweet. And I know it's not just her, she is a great woman of God and things God has shown her about me before have come to pass even when I thought there was absolutely no way or I could change it. Anyways, I guess it's hard because not to sound vain or pretentious, but I'm a good looking woman and in the secular world, I've never stayed single longer than I wanted to. But it freaking baffles me that one of my main issues on dating christian men is no sex before marriage. How in the heck do so many Christians think it's okay to bang whoever and God be okay with that? I mean, trust me, it's hard to follow it, it's hard not to give in to anything of a sexual nature, but no sex before marriage SHOULD be a common practice among the church. Anyways, sorry about the side rant. How does one not give into doing things your way and wait patiently on God for what he has for you without being freaking depressed about it?

We must find our joy in God, through reading His Word and staying focused on Him. I become very depressed when I think, "will I ever date, will I ever marry, will someone ever love me the way I am, will I always be alone, etc." It can become very depressing but I have learned that I will not attract the right person for me if my mindset stays this way. But if I rejoice and give thanks to God, seeking His will above all else, the right one will come along if that is what God wants for me. It is better to be single than to marry/date the wrong person, because emotionally it can be hard to recover sometimes, so it is best to wait and befriend others to see if you both have the same goals and would like to date and eventually marry. I do agree that whatever you do, hold true and not have sex before marriage, it is hard like you said because our flesh desires it, but a true man of God would want to follow the same thing too, not having sex before marriage. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Heartofsilver
Upvote 0

NOTWHATIWAS

I take my stage direction from God.
Jun 27, 2016
Oregon, USA
✟20,309.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I'm at a very discouraging point in my life. How is one to stay happy and okay with being alone while waiting for who God has for you? I thought I found who he was, but God showed my pastor different. It's bittersweet. And I know it's not just her, she is a great woman of God and things God has shown her about me before have come to pass even when I thought there was absolutely no way or I could change it. Anyways, I guess it's hard because not to sound vain or pretentious, but I'm a good looking woman and in the secular world, I've never stayed single longer than I wanted to. But it freaking baffles me that one of my main issues on dating christian men is no sex before marriage. How in the heck do so many Christians think it's okay to bang whoever and God be okay with that? I mean, trust me, it's hard to follow it, it's hard not to give in to anything of a sexual nature, but no sex before marriage SHOULD be a common practice among the church. Anyways, sorry about the side rant. How does one not give into doing things your way and wait patiently on God for what he has for you without being freaking depressed about it?

I'm 55, a widow, on couple of these forums and ready to get married again. As much as I don't like waiting, it is in God's timing. In the meantime, I think about the Godly man that I would like to meet and I hope that when he meets me that he thinks I am a Godly woman.Focus on Jesus and keep asking him to keep you at the center of His will for your life. You are in my prayers today. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Lolalou

Aug 13, 2016
Norway
✟15,113.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
story of my life. I've always longed to be in a relationship and ironically never have been. I've now literally come to the point of giving up on the idea of ever being with anyone. it just leads you to assume that you're obviously lacking something in looks/personality/talents to deserve a partner.
I feel like there is a big universal secret that allows you to be with someone which I'm missing out on/haven't picked up yet. *end of self pitying rant*[/QUOTE
My story too :(

Upvote 0