How do you receive the baptism of the holy spirit

S

StormHawk

How do you receive the baptism of the holy spirit
In Luke 11:5-13 Jesus tells a parable of a persistent woman.

She confesses that she has nothing to feed people with.

If you can accept, as I had to that I was spiritually dry/empty and there is nothing more important to you than to get God's answer then you are of the right attitude.

Upvote 0

ezeric

HE loves me too.
Mar 2, 2010
Canada but really in JESUS! (in HIS Covenant)
Visit site
✟12,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JESUS when speaking of the HOLY SPIRIT says "whom the world can not accept".
John 14:17

So, the world can not accept HIM, but you can - right?

Lastly, everything in GOD'S Kingdom is done by Grace through Faith, meaning by Grace (you and I don't deserve it, so there is nothing we can do to make it happen) and by Faith, meaning we believe, we accept that (in this case) we have now the SPIRIT.

DONE!

Now walk it out, continually believing you have the SPIRIT (that is Faith).
Dont look at any outward sign (although GOD could give you one), but your Faith is based on what JESUS said and done, nothing else!

Its that simple!

-eric
The Exchanged Life

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
I was told to accept Jesus into your heart, and accept Jesus as the Savior of your life. The Messiah and the Son of God. Ask for the Holy Spirit when you are getting Baptized.

..what? There is so much wrong with what you just said, no offense.

You are baptized by the Holy Spirit upon salvation, which is upon having faith in Jesus Christ to save you of your sins. Once you get saved, you are indwelled with the Holy Spirit, which is the spiritual baptism. You are born into the spirit, and sin dies.

Then, you get baptized by water, which is simply a representation to the church of the spiritual baptism you just had. Baptism by water does not save you. It's just a step in faith for Christ, and an outward representation to the church.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
..what? There is so much wrong with what you just said, no offense.

You are baptized by the Holy Spirit upon salvation, which is upon having faith in Jesus Christ to save you of your sins. Once you get saved, you are indwelled with the Holy Spirit, which is the spiritual baptism. You are born into the spirit, and sin dies.

Then, you get baptized by water, which is simply a representation to the church of the spiritual baptism you just had. Baptism by water does not save you. It's just a step in faith for Christ, and an outward representation to the church.

That's what I was told by my church. Which I've been questioning for awhile now. Some of there information is so outdated it's not funny. I have to basicly learn stuff on my own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
That's what I was told by my church. Which I've been questioning for awhile now. Some of there information is so outdated it's not funny. I have to basicly learn stuff on my own.

No you don't. :) The Holy Spirit teaches you. You are never alone, Christ never leaves you. Every time you open your Bible, pray to God that He teaches you and guides you through the Spirit as you read His word. He will reveal what He wants to reveal to you at that time.

That's how we learn. You can learn all He wants you to learn by yourself, because Christ is with you.

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
yeah, there will definitely be some denominational issues with this thread. I believe that the Holy Spirit enters the person at the moment of salvation. That this is the same event, not two separate events.

The only place in the Bible that I could find where this was two separate event was the Christians at the Day of Pentecost. I mean, these people were Christians and the Holy Spirit was not present before the Day of Pentecost right (Acts 2)?

But once the Holy Spirit came to earth at this time, He enters into each new Christian at the moment of salvation from then on.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,788.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Every Christian likes to feel that he is lead of the Holy Spirit. As the scripture says...

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.- Proverbs 12:15
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.- Proverbs 21:2

For some, they get saved and the witness of the Spirit right away. For others the assurance of Salvation in itself is an issue. I have read in antiquity where it has been said that “Man is a Lyre in which the Spirit of God strikes.” And the Apostle Paul asks “Do all speak in tongues?” So I would say the things we get from God are unique to the individual. If I had to put a roadmap into the spiritual experiences it would be in metaphor to the Old Testament temple.

• Outer Gates – Justification – Experiencing Faith.
  • Alter – Salvation – Experiencing Jesus
  • Laver – Sanctification – Committing to a righteous believers standard.
    • Inside Temple – Spiritual Sanctification
  • Table of Shewbred – Reading God’s word
  • Candlestick – Spiritual E (motivation, energy, love) / C2 (Faith, hope, charity, joy)
  • Alter of Golden Incense – Prayer and praise!
  • The Holy of Holies - The Shekeinah Glory and true Baptism in the Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost Baptism (w/ Darlene Zschech): Seymour-Azusa Street - YouTube

Upvote 0

karen05037

Jan 10, 2012
✟15,230.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
No you don't. :) The Holy Spirit teaches you. You are never alone, Christ never leaves you. Every time you open your Bible, pray to God that He teaches you and guides you through the Spirit as you read His word. He will reveal what He wants to reveal to you at that time.

That's how we learn. You can learn all He wants you to learn by yourself, because Christ is with you.

When I open my holy bible, I say to God, I ask him to open my heart so I can understand his word, then I say let not my will be done, ONLY let your will be done AMEN.

As I am reading the word of God he is teaching me about his love for us. He is speaking to me through his word; it was amazing I felt this love in me.

I draw close to God when I pray; I am having a relationship with God through Jesus.

Reactions: Humble Pie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
Who cares what "denominations" have to say, how about we look in the Word of God to see what IT says?

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever should believeth on Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

According to the Word of God, one must simply believe upon Jesus Christ as God and as the Messiah for mankind, and he shall be saved. You are then indwelled with the Holy Spirit, being baptized in Him at that moment.

Of coarse, anyone simply saying "Christ save me." is not salvation. In order for you to accept Christ, you have to truly understand and realize certain things.

1: You are a sinner
2: You sinned against God
3: You ARE going to hell
4: The only way to get out of that, is the accept the free gift of salvation from Jesus Christ
5: He offers it freely to you based on your faith, not by your own works, but faith in Him and Him alone.
6: You must repent of your sins, ask for forgiveness

After you understand those things, and ask Christ to come into your heart, you are saved. All are saved who come to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

mindfulness

Fear the Reaper - He's comin' for You.
Feb 5, 2012
Hell, seventh level
✟1,114.00
Faith
Calvinist
Did you seriously just link a televangelist who lives a life of lavishness, the exact opposite of what Christ tells us to do? That guy is a WOLF in SHEEPS clothing. Do not listen to the garbage he spews. There is nothing Christ-like about him.

So says the man with no ministry and no followers.

I'd take Joel over you any day of the week, Chris. Go whine somewhere else on the internet please.

Upvote 0