Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It is easy to think you are a Christian, but really not be born again. have heard of "fake Christians" and people who say they left Christianity. I have read it is a one-and-done deal because God does not take your salvation away, but also that repentance is required for salvation.

How do you know you personally are born again and will go to heaven?

Apostasy is very real, there are people who are real Christians who then later throw their salvation away.

Assurance of our salvation is found in Christ alone, all who trust in Him are indeed saved and being saved. Whoever has faith is born again.

-CryptoLutheran

Jeltja
Jeltja
They never were Christians in the true sense, though they might have been in the ordinary sense of demonstrating assent to Christian doctrine and external behavior fitting to a Christian .
Upvote 0
ViaCrucis
ViaCrucis
If a person can believe in Jesus, trusting in Him, and confess the faith, believe the faith, and live the faith--but still not be a real Christian or not be "really saved". Then that undermines our hope, our faith, and any assurance we might have in Christ. That is why I believe OSAS, as a doctrine, undermines and destroys faith in Christ.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Off the top of my head:

1. The test of resilience.
1 John 2:18-19 KJV
18. Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

You are either the spirit of God or the spirit of the anti-christ. There are no other spirits you can be. If you keep coming back, you are of God.

2. The test of heresy.
1 Corinthians 11:19 KJV
19. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

If you are true, you will remain with the truth. One who is not, will wander off into "damnable heresies."

3. The test of confession.
1 Corinthians 12:3 KJV
3. Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Paul here is talking about manifestation of the spirit.

4. The test of spiritual fruit.

1 John 3:9-10 KJV
9. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

The part of the believer that is born of God is our spirit. If you are saved your spirit is born of God, and you CANNOT sin from that spirit, because it is born of God.

5. The Abba test.

Romans 8:15-16 KJV
15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

6. The inner witness test.

1 John 5:10 KJV
10. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

I think the believer cannot talk himself out of it, and nobody can talk the believer out of it. You may have mental doubt and reservations, but in your spirit, you are convinced.

Upvote 0

Jeltja

Particularly Baptist
Feb 14, 2022
Arizona
✟9,328.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is easy to think you are a Christian, but really not be born again. have heard of "fake Christians" and people who say they left Christianity. I have read it is a one-and-done deal because God does not take your salvation away, but also that repentance is required for salvation.

There is no infallible, external way to demonstrate the presence of true faith in Christ. Salvation comes supernaturally and is the secret counsel of God, and our own limited mental and sensory abilities cannot register or measure it. But it is more than a mental belief or an emotional state.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,708.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

I think this post is spiritually dangerous. We are supposed to put our faith in Christ. W3 know we are saved because he died for us. You are trying to construct a test we can use to show that we are worthy. That would end up putting faith in ourselves. That’s the danger with the whole concept of fake Christians. If there are fake Christians at all, it would be people who rely on whatever tests we come up with rather than on Christ.

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟730,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I think this post is spiritually dangerous. We are supposed to put our faith in Christ. W3 know we are saved because he died for us. You are trying to construct a test we can use to show that we are worthy. That would end up putting faith in ourselves. That’s the danger with the whole concept of fake Christians. If there are fake Christians at all, it would be people who rely on whatever tests we come up with rather than on Christ.

And a remembering that the dividing of the wheat and tares happens at the Last Judgment. There is, within the visible institutions of the Church, both wheat and tares; but attempting to make that judgment ourselves is to place ourselves in God's Holy Seat as Judge.

All of our confidence, all of our faith, all of our hope, all of our assurance in God's promises must be in Christ, and nothing else. Where is my salvation? In Christ who suffered for me on Calvary. From whence do I know this? The precious and holy Gospel which is preached to me. I must, therefore, cling to Christ and only to Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All of our confidence, all of our faith, all of our hope, all of our assurance in God's promises must be in Christ, and nothing else. Where is my salvation? In Christ who suffered for me on Calvary.
Does that mean also doing as He did in rejecting this world we have made in our own image for instead the Kingdom and it's ways?

Upvote 0