How do you know if God has someone for you?

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let me ask before I give my experience - have you asked God if He has someone for you?

About two years ago, God gave me a vision concerning two men. The second man will be my husband.
Yes ive been asking and asking bc this guy that approached me is a wonderful man. Gentle, kind, amazing. He's a dad so I can get advice about parenting from him. He loves his kids. He has his own everything. Car. Home. Career. I keep asking bc I don't want to waste time but he's everything I've always wanted. It's odd he came when I was truly done dating and I didn't care for marriage and let go of that desire completely. Also conc3rning your vision why did you see 2 men? Why wasn't the 1st your husband?

I won't lie. I'm a bit afraid to ask again bc I'm afraid there will be no one for me. I've prayed for friends relentlessly. But instead he came along. Idk I guess I'll keep praying.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes ive been asking and asking bc this guy that approached me is a wonderful man...I keep asking bc I don't want to waste time but he's everything I've always wanted. It's odd he came when I was truly done dating and I didn't care for marriage and let go of that desire completely...I won't lie. I'm a bit afraid to ask again bc I'm afraid there will be no one for me. I've prayed for friends relentlessly. But instead he came along. Idk I guess I'll keep praying.

There's nothing wrong with continually praying to God about this matter. If God has someone for you, nothing can stop that.

Also conc3rning your vision why did you see 2 men? Why wasn't the 1st your husband?

The first man, I had to meet him before I could meet the second one (I have yet to meet the second man). I don't know all the reasons why God picked the first man to be in my life. I did want to be with him, but not anymore. He did some stuff I didn't like and I decided to forget about him.

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's nothing wrong with continually praying to God about this matter. If God has someone for you, nothing can stop that.
That's the thing. I've asked if there's someone out here for me. I like him so much I worry if he's only in my life for just a season and not for the long haul. I'm looking for him to say he'll move down to my state ( no time soon just in due time) were a few hrs away and I just want us to be closer eventually if he's meant for me. Also im just tired of having to heal and bandage myself up after heart break. I kinda wish I could know quickly so I can kinda protect my heart you know?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The first man, I had to meet him before I could meet the second one (I have yet to meet the second man). I don't know all the reasons why God picked the first man to be in my life. I did want to be with him, but not anymore. He did some stuff I didn't like and I decided to forget about him.
Also why did you have to meet the 1st guy before the 2nd?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Also why did you have to meet the 1st guy before the 2nd?

I'm not sure why, but God wanted me to meet certain men before I got to my future husband. I think one of the reasons could be personal growth.

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's the thing. I've asked if there's someone out here for me. I like him so much I worry if he's only in my life for just a season and not for the long haul. I'm looking for him to say he'll move down to my state ( no time soon just in due time) were a few hrs away and I just want us to be closer eventually if he's meant for me. Also im just tired of having to heal and bandage myself up after heart break. I kinda wish I could know quickly so I can kinda protect my heart you know?
It's understandable.

I have prayed for you, asking God to let you know quickly whether or not you should be with this man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure why, but God wanted me to meet certain men before I got to my future husband. I think one of the reasons could be personal growth.
Oh I strongly agree with this. People definitely have a way of helping us grow.

Upvote 0

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟45,605.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does this person have a healthy fear for the Lord? Go to the elders. Ask 'do you think I am prepared'? If all authority says you are not ready, you should stop the brake. God is not telling you to pray to be strong enough to do something you should not do.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does this person have a healthy fear for the Lord? Go to the elders. Ask 'do you think I am prepared'? If all authority says you are not ready, you should stop the brake. God is not telling you to pray to be strong enough to do something you should not do.
I feel going to elders is letting other people control my destiny. God can speak to me. He does believe in God. He's a really positive person. I like him alot.

Upvote 0