• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How do you guys do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b_worth_saving

Oct 3, 2008
Cullman, Alabama
✟15,134.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I didnt know wheather to post this here or what but anyways, Im married and right now we are currently seperated and have been for over a month. My problem is that I use to be a big masterbater and loved having sex with my wife. Now that we r not together Im having struggles with it. I dont want to start masterbating because I know its not the right thing to do and so far I have not fallen into temptation but as each day goes on the temptation to touch or find a girl to sleep with is becoming stronger and stronger. How do you find ways to break the temptation? I know you pray and read your bible and I do that but there are still times when it is hard.

windcatcher

Up Lifter
Oct 9, 2008
Japan
✟15,381.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is not much of help, John. But I understand how difficult that is, and I tend to agree with what you have said.

A famous man of God was asked by a young man once. This young man wanted to know how this preacher could deal with temptations of the world, especially temptations from women. The preacher said, "Son, I will tell you what you need to do once I discover it".

It's just that we get tempted in that area so easily. It can be one of the weakest spots in men in my opinion. I think it's about how you can walk close to the Lord. It's not about a technique or method you use to fight back. If you fight or try something to deal with it, I think you most likely fail. Let God be your help. Just stay close to Him.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Few people become virtually asexual once they have experienced sex. I know that does not give a simple "do this and all will be well" answer.

I find many American Christians are so uptight about sex. Sexual issues debated and roundly condemned on this forum by many are discussed far more freely and openly on some non American forums I also visit. I don't accept that the American version has an authority over those others.

Thus, while most, including me, oppose inappropriate content and advise to stay away from that, many Christians wouldn't demonise masturbation in all cases. If you cannot accept that fine, but then my unhelpful first comment will remain as a reminder that life will not be easy.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
May a woman chime in here?

I was married for over 25 years. I always had more sexual desire than my ex. After our divorce, by his choice, I still had temptations and urges. At one point I fell into sexual sin even. And, yes, women also are tempted to touch.

What I learned is that God's grace is sufficient and abundant and more than I can imagine. 1 John 1:9 teaches me that I must confess my sins, and that God does forgive them.

I also learned that my dependency on the Lord is greater each day, and that I must stay very close to the Word and on my knees in prayer more and more.

While sexual purity is the goal, I may not always achieve it. God's grace is there for those times I honestly try and fail anyway. He loves me with an everlasting, perfect love.

I hope this makes sense.

God bless.

Trish

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is it out of the question for you and your wife to reconcile? I don't know what it was that broke you two up, but you're meant to be with her. Marriage is a forever commitment and having sex with anyone or marrying another person is also sin...the bible calls it adultery. You are only twenty according to your profile...that's too young to be already facing divorce and separation with your wife. Most people would consider that too young to even get married! So it may be worth it to try and do whatever it takes to get back with her.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.