Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone! How do you Glorify God in your own lifes? i have been looking for more ideas and ways that i could honor God. i know that he does not need anything from us. But he is so good and deserves our worship.
Obedience is key, as @ByTheSpirit pointed out. I find worship to be a great way to bring praise to God, along with praying and reading the Bible (you know, all the "church" answers). However, it reminds me of these verses,
"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Cor. 10:13
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters," Col. 3:23.
Everything that we do we should do for the Lord.

Reactions: Nick714
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
I try to live in the moment not plan or think too far ahead getting bogged down with worry or doubt or dwelling in the past with all the mistakes and lost opportunities. Present, ready, attentive to Him and those around right now.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone! How do you Glorify God in your own lifes? i have been looking for more ideas and ways that i could honor God. i know that he does not need anything from us. But he is so good and deserves our worship.
I glorify God by writing stories about Him.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone! How do you Glorify God in your own lifes?

How would christians actually glorify God ?
Is it by singing and praying and preaching at churches ?

No, God cannot be licked with praises.

Matt 5:44 but I -- I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those cursing you, do good to those hating you, and pray for those accusing you falsely, and persecuting you,

The Jewish teachers understood only those who were of their own country, nation, and religion, whom they were pleased to look upon as their friends. Others salute their brethren, and embrace those of their own party, and way, and opinion,

but we must study to conform ourselves to the example of our heavenly Father,

Matt 5:46. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

may Jesus bless you all HalleluYah

Upvote 0

least

To God be the Glory!
Dec 20, 2011
✟13,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Micah 6:6-8
6 With what shall I come to the LORD And bow myself before the God on high? Shall I come to Him with burnt offerings, With yearling calves? 7 Does the LORD take delight in thousands of rams, In ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I present my firstborn for my rebellious acts, The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? 8 He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?
  1. Do Justice (do what's right)
  2. Love Kindness (be merciful/benevolent)
  3. Walk Humbly with your God

Upvote 0

Nick714

Mar 6, 2017
new york
✟21,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Obedience is key, as @ByTheSpirit pointed out. I find worship to be a great way to bring praise to God, along with praying and reading the Bible (you know, all the "church" answers). However, it reminds me of these verses,
"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Cor. 10:13
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters," Col. 3:23.
Everything that we do we should do for the Lord.

Amen! i agree.

• Friendly
Reactions: Saint Beloved
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nick714

Mar 6, 2017
new york
✟21,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Micah 6:6-8
6 With what shall I come to the LORD And bow myself before the God on high? Shall I come to Him with burnt offerings, With yearling calves? 7 Does the LORD take delight in thousands of rams, In ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I present my firstborn for my rebellious acts, The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? 8 He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?
  1. Do Justice (do what's right)
  2. Love Kindness (be merciful/benevolent)
  3. Walk Humbly with your God

Amen thanks for sharing i will have some more work ahead of me

Reactions: least
Upvote 0

Nick714

Mar 6, 2017
new york
✟21,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How would christians actually glorify God ?
Is it by singing and praying and preaching at churches ?

No, God cannot be licked with praises.

Matt 5:44 but I -- I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those cursing you, do good to those hating you, and pray for those accusing you falsely, and persecuting you,

The Jewish teachers understood only those who were of their own country, nation, and religion, whom they were pleased to look upon as their friends. Others salute their brethren, and embrace those of their own party, and way, and opinion,

but we must study to conform ourselves to the example of our heavenly Father,

Matt 5:46. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

may Jesus bless you all HalleluYah

funny picture lol. and right we need to love more than the average person :amen:

Upvote 0

Nick714

Mar 6, 2017
new york
✟21,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I try to live in the moment not plan or think too far ahead getting bogged down with worry or doubt or dwelling in the past with all the mistakes and lost opportunities. Present, ready, attentive to Him and those around right now.

Amen, this is a good perspective. i need to keep this in mind :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Saint Beloved
Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i glorify God by 'proving' that His Word is true and that all worldly ''wisdom'' is utter foolishness... by being the best worker at my job even when nobody is looking because i work unto the Lord, my coworkers will respect God. this glorifies God. by showing compassion in the check out line at the grocery store to the struggling cashier while everyone else is getting frustrated with her, making everyone feel convicted for not being compassionate themselves. this glorifies God. any form of righteousness in Christ glorifies God.

Upvote 0

Nick714

Mar 6, 2017
new york
✟21,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i glorify God by 'proving' that His Word is true and that all worldly ''wisdom'' is utter foolishness... by being the best worker at my job even when nobody is looking because i work unto the Lord, my coworkers will respect God. this glorifies God. by showing compassion in the check out line at the grocery store to the struggling cashier while everyone else is getting frustrated with her, making everyone feel convicted for not being compassionate themselves. this glorifies God. any form of righteousness in Christ glorifies God.

thanks for sharing :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lastofall

Aug 6, 2016
Germany
✟30,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." (1 Corinthians 6:20)

"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." (1 Corinthians 10:31)

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid....Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:14,16)

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Christ says that each thing we do for the least of these we do for Him. What about volunteer work at a soup kitchen or food distribution organization? Or meals for the elderly?

Upvote 0

Gluttonous Winebibber

May 7, 2017
Sterling Heights
✟22,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Micah 6:8 - By sticking up for what you deem to be just when it matters, and it is usually when others are involved. It shows that you believe in something other than yourself.

• Agree
Upvote 0