Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
A call from God is not a sudden, overnight event. It is something that grows on you over a period of time until you know that this is what you really want to do. If your call is to be a productive member of the workforce, then your desire is to get a job that suits you and your abilities. If you are called to the ministry, then you find and get opportunities for study towards it until you get qualified and the doors open to you. Getting a sudden call to the mission fields of China, and dropping your job and getting an airline ticket for the next flight out, is not, in my opinion a call of God.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A call from God is not a sudden, overnight event. It is something that grows on you over a period of time until you know that this is what you really want to do. If your call is to be a productive member of the workforce, then your desire is to get a job that suits you and your abilities. If you are called to the ministry, then you find and get opportunities for study towards it until you get qualified and the doors open to you. Getting a sudden call to the mission fields of China, and dropping your job and getting an airline ticket for the next flight out, is not, in my opinion a call of God.
There are more extreme circumstances when people receive a vision, hear a voice, and other such things, as seen in the Book of Acts, and various areas of the Old Testament narrative. If God really wants to, there's nothing holding Him back from giving you a phone call; I actually heard a story of someone who heard about the terrible conditions of Chinese orphanages, offered a prayer, and 5 minutes later, got a phone call: "We're looking for volunteers to serve in orphanages in China..."
Usually, it doesn't work that way, and goes more along Oscarr's route of gradual realizations. With a deep enough prayer life, God will grant you the gift of discernment, to figure out where He wants you. Try things out, talk to people, put out a question about it on Christian forums...there's a lot of avenues available here.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
another way to look at it is when you receive salvation you are automatically called to be a witness to others. i would pay attention to what you are passionate about. For example do you love teaching, is it a kind of gift you have? that is a clue you could be called to serve Him through teaching others in a church setting or perhaps in writing books. He predestined you before you were even born so more than likely you are already equipped in many ways because you were born with it. I remember a testimony from an evangelist that would get in trouble often while growing up because he was always interrupting and talking out of turn, etc. His mother sat him down one day and asked him why he continued to interrupt and disobey...and his answer, Mother, i..I just got to talk...then she said, well then maybe you should start studying in the Word and get deeper because it is a gift and you must be called to preach.
Does that help any? What are you passionate about, what stirs you, what do you find yourself constantly searching and studying on. But don't stress about it...you have a definite purpose and when the time is right He will reveal it to you. Faithful is He who called you who also will equip you to do it.

Upvote 0

brocke

Supreme Ruler of Universe
Mar 13, 2014
Illinois
✟12,410.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering that since I have been successful finding a job lately.

We are all as Christians called to ministry. What type of calling are you referring to? There is our call to be a child of God. Then there is the call for us to be and be making disciples of Christ. I'm guessing since you are asking about a job, you are referring to a vocational call. This can come in a variety of ways. Unfortunately the most common does not include a burning bush with the voice of God telling us what to do. It takes much prayer, thought, conversation with others about who you are, your gifts and talents. I also believe it takes some simple knocking on doors and stepping through - that is trial and error. If you are called to a specific vocation/type of ministry then there will be evidence of your gifts from the Spirit by the fruits of your labors. Do you understand or am I using too much Christian talk?

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I just kept getting this strong inkling to work with the elderly. It was relentless. LOL... It was kind. It was gentle, but it was often and I could not put my mind off it for long. So I volunteered to do so, and the DAY I started, another volunteer had left the place and started a new job elsewhere. So my client really needed me that DAY and not some later day. And then the inkling went away. I knew I had to pray for God to help me with this ministry. He does. Every day! I have been told that I do a good job too. So that is God, shining through all I do.

• Winner
Reactions: Jerri
Upvote 0

John 1720

Harvest Worker
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2013
Massachusetts
✟149,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was wondering that since I have been successful finding a job lately.
  1. First pray for vision to see God's heart for humanity.
  2. Fall in love with His love as He abides in you.
  3. Ask for your heart to be conformed to His heart and become a person who pursues God; a man or woman after God's own heart.
  4. Be honest and open with God as He purges and purifies you to be a worker in His Vineyard.
  5. God will answer your prayers and He will absolutely put people and opportunities in your life. Pray to discern these correctly as that happens.
  6. Be obedient and follow Him, no matter what. Do let fear or earthly distractions dissuade you and trust that He will lead you with a yoke that eases you into His calling as He continues to purify you in His love. Chelsea Moon w/ the Franz Brothers - Trust & Obey
  7. You are now attuned to His calling and it may differ greatly from your expectations or not but you will gain a sense of surety as you let yourself be drawn into His Will Hillsong United - "Oceans" (Live show at Caesarea)
In Christ, Patrick

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums