Illinois
✟188,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
At first in my teens I was interested in watching the news, and about political issues. Then it came to a point where it became apparent to me that either the left or the right are both corrupt, and politics is a big mess. Conspiracy theories, lies, and corruption spewing from both sides. There are radicals from both sides, both spreading hoaxes.

For now I just look into environmental issues, along with some social issues.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I stay away from them. It is hard to take political sides and then witness to the opposing side. Also neutral in US foreign policy. We cannot support Israel and witness to those fighting with them. Nor can we support those fighting with them and witness to Israel.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ever watched the reality t.v. show Big Brother? It's supposed to be a game but it involves real people who're do everything to win including using people (ex: manipulation, deceit, lies, false alliances etc.) I feel politics is a game to politicians and others involved. It's all about winning regardless of people and truth, even those who supposedly are doing it for the greater good. But what they think is good tends to be their own opinions, driven by self-interest and special interest (ex: status, authority, power, beliefs, ideology, theology etc.) Not knowledgeable about it, but I've heard of the term "Game Theory". Basically that's how politics functions.

What I believe is the nature of people leads to corruption. Especially true when tempted with your own desires. This reason justifies the necessity of limited government having checks and balances, separation of powers (ex: federalism decentralizing government , separate co-equal branches etc.) I'd go as far to return Senate to the States, repeal the amendment for income tax to return taxation to the States, and another biggie is an amendment to limit federal judiciary authority of constitutionality to the Federal government (originally it was a federal constitution, not national; states have their constitutions).

Seems futile but politics is how we govern ourselves peacefully. It's an alternative to violence and death. I tend to remember a quote read online from President Kennedy, something along the lines of not allowing peaceful revolution will make violent revolution inevitable. So not attending to politics as much as I did, actually neglectful; it's something we should respond to and participate in. The widespread affect it has on everything top to bottom demands it, I guess welcome to the real world.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟733,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At first in my teens I was interested in watching the news, and about political issues. Then it came to a point where it became apparent to me that either the left or the right are both corrupt, and politics is a big mess. Conspiracy theories, lies, and corruption spewing from both sides. There are radicals from both sides, both spreading hoaxes.

For now I just look into environmental issues, along with some social issues.

Prophecy unfolding ... difficult to watch it happen, but at least we understand why it is happening and we know how it ultimately ends ;o) Amen.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟910,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The problem is that we cannot escape politics. If we choose not to participate, someone else will decide how our lives will be run.
thank you and I cannot stand when people choose not to vote and then complain about who gets in office

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟910,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
God.

Romans 13:1
no He does not He gives us free will. We are talking about in a secular government on a secular level the leaders that make our laws that we live under.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟713,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
no He does not He gives us free will. We are talking about in a secular government on a secular level the leaders that make our laws that we live under.

My God is sovereign over all things, that includes our secular rulers.

If you read the Bible it does point that out, that it is God who appoints rulers...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟910,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My God is sovereign over all things, that includes our secular rulers.

If you read the Bible it does point that out, that it is God who appoints rulers...
and He gives us a brain to elect them. We have certain rules as to who can and cannot run and certain processes by which they are selected. They do not just come to power one day because God said so.

Upvote 0

Nayte

Dec 12, 2016
oakland california
✟19,196.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The problem is that we cannot escape politics. If we choose not to participate, someone else will decide how our lives will be run.
Well, voting does not actually give you any choice either. If you get two evil men, both of them are equally bad, in different ways, choosing one is not going to help you. What people should do is strip the corrupt ways and form new, instead of voting for people who are controlled by other people who do nothing but corrupt and destroy. The whole blue vs. red is a lie . It does not give you any choice, it is a cat and mouse game basically. Republican and democrat are basically doctrines people follow. They have particular sets of beliefs according to their rules etc. If something is wrong, it is wrong, if it is right, it is right. Whether democrat or republican, but in their game it is not that way. It is just non sense. People call themselves republican , or democrat, and leave themselves no other choice, as if that is all there is or can be. I am a Christian. Anyone who is a Christian, is a Christian before they are a republican , or democrat, we do not take sides with republicans because we are republicans, or democrat because we identify as democrat. You are a Christian, a follower of Christ, not a follower of republican or democrat. So do according to what is right, what is of God. Not according to what is republican or democrat, so therefore, can you be a republican and be a Christian? Can you be a democrat and be a Christian? What does it even mean to be a republican? Can you be a republican and not support republican 'doctrine'? I mean, even so, it does not matter. We need not call ourselves republican or democrat or be either one. We are to judge based on Christ, the Holy Spirit will discern for us and what GOD says is right and wrong, not man. So yea, the whole thing is rigged, and messed up. I do not think trying to help the country is bad, but that is the last thing the modern day 'politics' are doing. It is nothing but rigged, brainwashing, and lies.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟713,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
and He gives us a brain to elect them. We have certain rules as to who can and cannot run and certain processes by which they are selected. They do not just come to power one day because God said so.

I never said "they just come to power one day"

But I do believe in God's sovereignty over all things, which extends, as the Bible says, to the rulers on earth. No one comes to power whom God doesn't allow.

I do believe in what the Bible teaches.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟910,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I never said "they just come to power one day"

But I do believe in God's sovereignty over all things, which extends, as the Bible says, to the rulers on earth. No one comes to power whom God doesn't allow.
but in order for them to come to power the way many nations do it today is by voting and taking part in other ways in politics if you can and choose not to then you have no right to complain about the policies the leaders have you live under.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟713,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
but in order for them to come to power the way many nations do it today is by voting and taking part in other ways in politics if you can and choose not to then you have no right to complain about the policies the leaders have you live under.

I've already given you one Bible verse on the topic which you ignored. I could give you more verses, but since all your going to do is ignore them there is no point in my time being wasted.

But since we are on a Christian forum I will point out, rulers coming to power and being removed from power is all under God's sovereign power.

It's in the Bible and this might be an area of study for you to go over someday, when you have the inclination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KingdomLeast

Aug 6, 2018
INDIANAPOLIS
✟30,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't get involved in politics, Jesus says his Kingdom is not part ofvthis world, and so I have no part in it.

I observe only from a Biblical point of view, to see where we are in God's timetable.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,123,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But since we are on a Christian forum I will point out, rulers coming to power and being removed from power is all under God's sovereign power.
Are you saying that God placed Hitler in power or are you saying God allowed Hitler to be in power?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that God placed Hitler in power or are you saying God allowed Hitler to be in power?

I am convinced that God is exercising sovereign power by not doing so.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟910,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've already given you one Bible verse on the topic which you ignored. I could give you more verses, but since all your going to do is ignore them there is no point in my time being wasted.

It's in the Bible and this might be an area of study for you to go over someday, when you have the inclination.
so honest question are you suggesting we do not vote?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟910,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't get involved in politics, Jesus says his Kingdom is not part ofvthis world, and so I have no part in it.

I observe only from a Biblical point of view, to see where we are in God's timetable.
and that is your right, but if you go that way do not complain about the people put in office and/or the resulting polices ( Not saying you do just saying God gave us His word , but He also gave us a brain to make sound decisions as well.

Upvote 0