How do you explain near death experiences of other religions?

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do people from other religions see their gods in near death experiences? Im not trying to defend other religions-its just an observation I made. How do you explain people seeing gods from other religions in near death experiences?

Because NDEs are just the actions of a dying brain. If God wanted to give you a glimpse of heaven, he'd do it in a dream or a vision as he did in the bible.

Upvote 0
K

kristina411

I read a book a couple years ago. I was excited to read it because it was supposed to be about a married couple who died in a car accident and were pronounced dead only to return to life. Supposedly a true story.
I was fascinated by the book. Growing up I read a book about a man who supposedly in a vision was taken to both heaven and hell to be a witness to the world. The book was very good. So this new book had my attention since it claimed it was true and people would vouch for them.
I was 75% of the way done with the book(skip if you are reading this book because I am giving away the ending. Or read along to save yourself the disappointment) when I realized how bogus it was. The book claimed the husband went to heaven but his wife, the unbeliever, went to hell. The husband forgot she existed for some time but when he realized he was once married he just couldn't find happiness in heaven. He found some scientists and they built a space ship and took off, leaving heaven. They flew to hell, saved his wife, and the two were going to move onto their own planet/heaven/whatever they were getting at. Space ships, planets, blah blah blah. Just too much science fiction.
They travel the US sharing their story. They were apparently given a second chance and she became saved right away.
So all countries have people claiming to have visions of the after life but honestly, there is not telling the real from the fake, the dreams from actual visions, you just never know. I had one of these myself and because of that book, and the uncertainty of your experience in that state, I don't know if what I experienced was real or not.
Its not up to us to understand everything and imo when our bodies are facing something as extreme as near death, it will create images in sure, of something to calm you that you expect to see.
Out of body experiences and visions are more reliable imo. I have read stories about people who have helped solve mysteries unintentionally from out of body experiences. And an out of body experience is enough to con in anyone experiencing it, that our souls are not permanently attached to our bodies, that they are separate.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do people from other religions see their gods in near death experiences? Im not trying to defend other religions-its just an observation I made. How do you explain people seeing gods from other religions in near death experiences?

I explain it this way:

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's an honest opinion that those things are from the devil. Paul said that he was given a glimpse of the 3rd heaven but he didn't die first it was a vision or out of body experience.

Do you also believe people who have memories of past lives get them from the devil?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟962,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It's an honest opinion that those things are from the devil. Paul said that he was given a glimpse of the 3rd heaven but he didn't die first it was a vision or out of body experience.

Yes, the king of all the false god's, who have no power, like the true God does, anyways, they are being deceived by Satan, the prince of lies and falsehoods, illusions (or delusions in a person), and a master of disguises, but he has no real identity of his own, he has deceived most of the world, but, leaving that aside for a moment,

What else do they envision, do they envision a great light, for example?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟962,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you also believe people who have memories of past lives get them from the devil?

Those past lives can become you Idol, and might even be considered sorcery, they can start to define you as a person (getting to wrapped up in them) Losing your identity to them rather than to Christ... I don't know if I fully believe peoples story's about past lives or not...

It can lead to ancestor worship also...

In some cases, yes, I most certainly think some of these things, in some cases, have been done by the Devil in order to disguise and distract (misdirect) away from the truth, and make these people blind...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟962,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Because NDEs are just the actions of a dying brain. If God wanted to give you a glimpse of heaven, he'd do it in a dream or a vision as he did in the bible.

Also, agree with what he said

Also agree's with the way a brain might function and affect things in the quantum world, near the end, we might be living in our imaginations, our dreams, our beliefs, and what we think to be going to God for those of us who have had such a concept...?

Did any of these people see a great light, or just there false gods?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe its most likely not true, but a few people argue otherwise. Reincarnation: Hebrews 9:27 Does Not Teach Against Reincarnation

I was hoping for an article that actually said something of substance. In the end, it merely says that the bible does not explicitly teach against reincarnation.

But, I think that the implicit teaching is quite clear. If reincarnation was part of God's plan, then the bible would have to address it. Would it be a karma thing where each life gets a better or worse set of initial conditions than the one before? Would we simply start over with a clean? Do the forgotten sins of a past life add to the present one? Does the salvation of a past life carry over? Would it need to? Do you keep coming back until you land in a Christian land so you can easily choose Christ and then move on to heaven?

The teachings of Jesus are clearly incompatible with reincarnation.

Upvote 0

JLR1300

Dec 16, 2012
Oklahoma
✟8,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well it is on the news today that Alex Malarkey was a kid who had a near death experience and a book was written about Him called "the boy who came back from Heaven" It became a best seller among Christian books... The news came out today that He has admitted to making it all up to get attention. He admitted that quite some time ago but the Book seller didn't want to listen because they were making so much money on the book. So the way I explain lots of this stuff is that people just lie to make money and be famous. That is motive enough for lots of people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most NDEs are very similar. The person will fly though tunnel with white light in front, and eventually at the end they meet some angel/person/family member that told them it is not time and lead them back.

Most atheists who experienced NDE usually change their stance (An Analysis of the Near-Death Experiences of Atheists), most religions people who experience NDE doesn't care about denoms any more.

I would say NDEs are very likely an holy experience (some can see hell, but usually repent and got saved). If an experience that causes people to get closer to God, it is very likely it is from God, but God can use things that are similar to their experience to influence them.

Upvote 0