Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Cause let's just face it anger is a human emotion. Like it or not we all get angry sometimes. Even though it was in a sinless way even Jesus got angry. So what do you do about it? How do you get it under control? After recently getting angry myself (somebody was starting to become really controlling with me) I could really use some advice.

• Friendly
Reactions: pdudgeon

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cause let's just face it anger is a human emotion. Like it or not we all get angry sometimes. Even though it was in a sinless way even Jesus got angry. So what do you do about it? How do you get it under control? After recently getting angry myself (somebody was starting to become really controlling with me) I could really use some advice.

First, one has to discern what kind of anger one is expressing and for what reasons ... especially since (despite what some fellow Christians affirm) there is such a thing as short-term righteous anger. But for some reason or other, in our Democratically influenced society, we've somehow come to see ALL expressions of anger as wrong.

So, I'd say that in dealing with anger, one needs to assess thoroughly (and in a righteous manner) what is being reacted against and why it causes one angst.

:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
First, one has to discern what kind of anger one is expressing and for reasons ... especially since (despite what some fellow Christians affirm) there is such a thing as short-term righteous anger. But for some reason or other, in our Democratically influenced society, we've somehow come to see ALL expressions of anger as wrong.

So, I'd say that in dealing with anger, one needs to assess thoroughly (and in a righteous manner) what is being reacted against and why it causes one angst.

:cool:

The thing is I already know why I'm angry and it's the kind of anger that comes from other people trying to tell me what to do in such a controlling way that it doesn't even seem like just simple advice.

• Agree
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I don't do good with anger. Truth be told I been angry since march when all the stuff the State governments have been doing. First I got extremely depressed, than angry and I am still there. I use to take kava kava to calm down but got allergic to it. For me te things that help me is playing Super NES on my Raspberry Pi and other games like NES, Playstation, and such.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I don't do good with anger. Truth be told I been angry since march when all the stuff the State governments have been doing. First I got extremely depressed, than angry and I am still there. I use to take kava kava to calm down but got allergic to it

You used to take what? But yeah, obviously I don't do well with anger either otherwise I wouldn't have made this topic.

Reactions: xaris
Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You used to take what? But yeah, obviously I don't do well with anger either otherwise I wouldn't have made this topic.

It's called Kava Kava. It's a natural medicine that helps moods :)

• Useful
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Patience (it's closest opposite) is a fruit of the Spirit, which comes through abiding with Christ and in His Word.
('Don't taze me bro!')

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Patience (it's closest opposite) is a fruit of the Spirit, which comes through abiding with Christ and in His Word.
('Don't taze me bro!')

Right,.. so how does one do that?

Boxing Bag, claim down and go hug my wife.

I don't have a boxing bag and I'm a woman and not married yet lol

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
AR,

I redirect my thoughts. If it’s really bothersome I’ll pray and leave the matter with the Lord. Minor irritations I brush off or relax with a glass of wine and some music.

I’m not a fan of anger. I understand we get upset but oftentimes it leads people to do and say things they shouldn’t. They keep a cool head in certain circumstances (at work or with the police) and unload on others.

That isn’t okay in my mind. Walk it off, write it out, etc. I think cool heads are best before addressing difficult subjects where anger is probable.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

• Winner
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Fill a pillowcase with oranges as a boxing bag to make orange juice -- use a large bowl to catch he juice.

I don't have a boxing bag and I'm a woman and not married yet lol

• Haha
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ephesians 4:26
King James Version
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Ephesians 4:26
Easy-to-Read Version
26 “When you are angry, don’t let that anger make you sin,”[a] and don’t stay angry all day.

Is my favorite verse on this topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean, how does fruit grow?
Water of the Word and much sun (Son) through the new birth.

1 Peter 2:2-3 NKJV
[2] as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, [3] if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

James 1:18 NKJV
[18] Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
You mean, how does fruit grow?
Water of the Word and much sun (Son) through the new birth.

1 Peter 2:2-3 NKJV
[2] as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, [3] if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

James 1:18 NKJV
[18] Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

So then what does all of that mean? Read the Bible?? I do that already. It doesn't seem to help in this situation though unless you quoted verses about anger like Daniel did.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The thing is I already know why I'm angry and it's the kind of anger that comes from other people trying to tell me what to do in such a controlling way that it doesn't even seem like just simple advice.

Oh, I hear you sister! Despite what some people think, there are some biblical reasons to have strong emotions, one instance being when we rightly sense the presence of a social injustice. So, some forms of what we might call 'minor' anger are appropriate. On the other hand, wrath and vengeance are reserved only for the Lord Himself to express; but we can at least express our irritation when a wrong is actually being perpetrated by someone else. Don't ever let anyone tell you that no anger should ever be displayed by a Christian at any time. No, there is a time and situation for that kind of thing.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Life has been working this out for me for quite some time and I'm happy to say that I no longer get mad when I'm angry. I am able to remain objective and have enough clarity of mind to ask Abba for help.

He has given me the grace to give others the benefit of the doubt and to pray for their wellbeing.

I praise Yah for not leading me into this temptation.

Upvote 0