✟6,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We sleep on opposite sides of the bed, and this is a reflection of two things:

1. My husband is like a furnace.
2. I like to be cool when I sleep

I love that man to pieces, but the amount of heat he gives off is astonishing! I think we'd have to have the bedroom at about 40 degrees for me to be able to stand sleeping snuggled up next to him. :D

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We sleep on opposite sides of the bed, and this is a reflection of two things:

1. My husband is like a furnace.
2. I like to be cool when I sleep

I love that man to pieces, but the amount of heat he gives off is astonishing! I think we'd have to have the bedroom at about 40 degrees for me to be able to stand sleeping snuggled up next to him. :D

What is it about guys radiating heat in their sleep?? I have the same experience. ^_^

My husband and I usually start off touching in some way, whether it's full-on snuggling, or holding hands, or legs touching. Eventually, as we drift off to sleep and/or he starts throwing off covers, we tend to separate more to our own sides of the bed.

It's no reflection on our relationship, I don't think. It's just a comfort thing, including the initial touching/snuggling part.

Upvote 0

Rembrandtfan

He's here, the Phantom of the Opera
Jul 18, 2007
La La Land
✟9,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because DH snores, he sleeps in our spare bedroom much of the time so that I can get some sleep and be fit to live with. I don't think that has any bearing on our level of intimacy, we are best friends and share everything else other than our bed.

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you sleep cuddled up together, or completely separate on other sides of the bed?

Do you think this is a reflection of your relationship?
I think we just sleep however. Some nights we both want to snuggle and some nights we just pass out and sleep. It doesnt reflect on our relationship so much as it does on our day...whether we are worn out or not.

:)

Upvote 0

Antje

Jul 22, 2006
Vancouver
✟16,568.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I usually go to bed a few hours before my husband. When we were first married, he'd just sneak into bed and stay on his side to avoid waking me. However, after awhile I realized that it bothered me a lot that we didn't touch while sleeping, so I mentioned it to him, and now he makes a point of cuddling me when he comes to bed even if I wake up a little. The full-on cuddle usually only lasts 15-30 minutes before one of us rolls over, but it's enough time for us to feel close. For the rest of the night we'll probably be touching in some way about 50% of the time (hands, legs, backs, etc.).

People are often finicky about their sleep, so I wouldn't judge anyone's relationship by their sleeping arrangement.

Upvote 0

miss_klara

Old Married Woman
Apr 28, 2005
Perth
Visit site
✟2,751.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We're newly weds and have taken a good few weeks to get used to sharing a bed. We didn't really sleep for weeks, and basically got so exhausted our bodies forced us into a good night's sleep last week, and since then it's been alright, although we both still wake up a few times at night. *sigh*
Hubby talks in his sleep! It's hilarious, the things he comes out with, but it always wakes me...!
We sleep as far away from each other as we can - as others have said, he generates sooo much heat! I'm a couple of degrees away from turning on the air-con every night!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antje

Jul 22, 2006
Vancouver
✟16,568.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The last time I purchased a comforter/duvet/blanket for our bed, the salesperson was really smart and asked if there would generally be one or two people sleeping under it. She recommended that if you're switching from single sleeping to couples sleeping, you should get a blanket that's thinner than you're used to, otherwise you'll get too hot. That way your spouse's body heat is just part of the equation to find the perfect bed temperature.

Upvote 0

Catholic Wife

Senior Veteran
Jan 27, 2006
DFW Metroplex
✟17,678.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When we do sleep at the same time, we sleep on opposite sides of the bed because we are both so used to sleeping alone and "spread out". This is one reason we are getting a king-size bed. We do cuddle for a while before going to sleep, but I kick my husband to his side of the bed when he starts snoring in my ear.

I think it might be a reflection of our relationship in that we are individuals who are comfortable coming together but also being apart. Or it might be a reflection of the fact that we were 37 and 40 when we got married and are just used to having our own space when we sleep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

invisiblebabe

He will restore the years the locust hath eaten
Feb 12, 2004
Second star to the right, and straight on 'til mor
✟20,234.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We sleep right next to each other, with a kitty or two on top of us :) I think it's a reflection of our close relationship, as well as how we enjoy being physically close to each other a lot :) Some couples express their love that way more than others, and we definitely are on the "more" end!

Upvote 0

jelvenko

Veteran
Oct 4, 2005
Florida
✟11,559.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It really varies... Sometimes we cuddle... Othertimes we sleep back to back... It just varies... Of course it doesn't help that both of us are very restless sleepers... Usually DH gets to sleep before I do. So I'll toss and turn a lot before falling asleep. Plus, Sometimes DH will roll over in his sleep and crush me... So yeah...

Both of us are restless sleepers and move around a lot. So how we sleep really depends on how restless we are that night. Also, DH works the night shift. So the nights he isn't home I snuggle with my giant teddy bear he got for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Hubby and I start off the night cuddling up and snuggling, and then gradually move around until we are sleeping back-to-back. We continually touch but sometimes it's just "holding feet" or our behind ends spooning together.

I think in a way it is a reflection of our relationship because we are very close and always together, but somewhat individuals too. We do our own things whilst also being together A LOT because we both like a lot of the same things.

Upvote 0

Zeo

Nov 10, 2007
✟7,912.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmm...we have a full sized bed, so we sleep pretty close together. I prefer a bit of space while sleeping, but other than that we cuddle up together every night, with tons of blankets. He's warm, but pleasantly so, so it doesn't get too hot sleeping close to him. I suspect the same is true of me.

Anyway, it takes me forever to fall asleep and I can't do so unless I'm totally comfortable, which means I'm usually moving around for an hour or two before I fall asleep. Luckily he fall asleep quickly and doesn't seem to notice.

Upvote 0

Captivated

Mar 29, 2006
✟9,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because DH snores, he sleeps in our spare bedroom much of the time so that I can get some sleep and be fit to live with. I don't think that has any bearing on our level of intimacy, we are best friends and share everything else other than our bed.

Us too. DH has his own bedroom since piling on weight and snoring loud enough to wake the dead. He still wakes me up from time to time. We tried lots of things before resorting to seperate bedrooms but if my family (and me) want a remotely human wife/mother she has to get a decent night's sleep. It's not the perfect answer - that would be for the snoring to stop - but we're used to it now and we both sleep much better. There's an added frisson involved in visiting each other's bedrooms too!

Upvote 0

ciaradawn

Let not your heart be troubled
Jun 15, 2007
Hamilton, Montana
Visit site
✟17,470.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
we sleep on opposite sides
it is not a reflection of our relationship. I just can't be cuddly while I'm trying to fall asleep. a lot of the time we'll touch in some way until one of us starts to fall asleep.

Upvote 0