How do we know that a person is anointed, today?

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well this has been a great experience. I thank you deeply for sharing your gift, because, well you have provided an answer for a question that has been a burden on me for quite some time.

There is something feel that I need to share with you though, and don't take my word for it (as if I need to tell you that).

When you say that God is angry, I get this feeling as well. But it seems to be anger toward the "church" and what it is doing with His gift to the world. What I believe that I have been led to see is that God does not hate humanity! Of course, he opposes the evil that is in this world but he wants to save us.

There is a serious flaw in our theology that is driving people away from the Truth. In hermeneutics, theologians have been interpreting scripture with scripture. It seems wise, but not when the revelation which was given to us is interpreted through the old works. By doing this we have been seeing the image of Christ through a tainted lense, where we should be looking at the old things through the lense of Christ. The truth is, Moses was set aside for misrepresenting the Lord, Levi was prophesied to be cruel, and Christ showed us His nature by saying "Neither do I condemn thee", and "be not afraid."

When the paradigm is shifted, we can see that God forgives us for our imperfections because of the depths of His grace and transformative power that we are promised. And it becomes clear that our enemy is not our imperfections and lack of holiness, but the spirit of malice and cruelty.

Our churches have failed to believe the words of Christ, and have fallen into the fear of that which God is not. In doing so, they attribute the nature of God to be much like our enemy's, and thus God rages.

If it is true, I pray the Lord confirm it.

God wants ALL of us to be saved. We are in a 'personal' battle with satan, the battle between 'The desires of the world' and obedience to God. This short life on earth, is our 'boot camp'. The proper Word of God, The Holy Ghost within us, and God himself, are our armour and weapons in order to fight off satan. We will fail many times, but our hearts are true to our attempt to be righteous. It is written, that God has ways to keep the righteous/godly, righteous/godly until the end. We are not fighting this earthly battle alone.

One of the major dangers we face, is 'false teachings'. Books that are not God's Word, and being taught incorrect doctrines/understanding by church ministers, are what we have to watch out for. We are told by scriptures, to use the scriptures to evaluate what others tell us. If the book that we use has been 'changed' from the original Word, then we are already in trouble.

Upvote 0

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Subscribing.

Finally a thread that inspires and encourages.

:amen: We tend to rely too much on the 'pure whiteness' of our ministers. It amazes me, how quickly that these same ministers lock their churches up after the puny little time that they spend in it on Sunday, and then disappear until the following Sunday. The Catholic Churches seem to be the exception, but unfortunately, I'm Protestant.

Another 'thing' of note, is that I meet ministers on and off in the coffee shop. Interestingly enough, none are carrying their bibles with them. I never hear one of them daring to talk to an unknown person or group at the coffee shop. They are out of their comfort zone. I have never had anyone other than a Jehova Witness or LDS missionary knock at my door. I suppose it is up to us to 'seek out the lost minister' while they refuse to seek out 'the lost sheep'. I suppose the lost sheep are supposed to find the lost minister.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

God wants ALL of us to be saved. We are in a 'personal' battle with satan, the battle between 'The desires of the world' and obedience to God. This short life on earth, is our 'boot camp'. The proper Word of God, The Holy Ghost within us, and God himself, are our armour and weapons in order to fight off satan. We will fail many times, but our hearts are true to our attempt to be righteous. It is written, that God has ways to keep the righteous/godly, righteous/godly until the end. We are not fighting this earthly battle alone.

One of the major dangers we face, is 'false teachings'. Books that are not God's Word, and being taught incorrect doctrines/understanding by church ministers, are what we have to watch out for. We are told by scriptures, to use the scriptures to evaluate what others tell us. If the book that we use has been 'changed' from the original Word, then we are already in trouble.

This is true. We need to preserve it, but look closely:

Num 20:7-12 said:
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink. And Moses took the rod from before the LORD, as he commanded him. And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock? And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts [also]. And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.

For certain, to err on this issue is to face the wrath of a terrible God, who will punish us for our imperfections. But Christ tells us many times in the Gospels:

John 6:20 said:
... It is I; be not afraid.

And furthermore:

And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. (John 10:4,5)

I am the good shepherd, and know my [sheep], and am known of mine. (John 10:14)

All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. (John 10:8,9)
The question, as it appears to me at least, is: how much will we trust Christ's words over any other?

So first of all let me try to explain what I am not saying. I am not saying the Bible is not the inspired word of God. I am not saying that Moses was not a prophet of God. I am not saying that we need to get rid of it or change it or anything like that.

What I am saying is that Moses got it wrong. Sure, he talked to the Lord, but he lived in a harsher world and did not have the teaching and knowledge of Christ that we do - and the nature of God was misrepresented through him. We must be careful not to make the same mistake.

Upvote 0

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is true. We need to preserve it, but look closely:

For certain, to err on this issue is to face the wrath of a terrible God, who will punish us for our imperfections. But Christ tells us many times in the Gospels:

And furthermore:

The question, as it appears to me at least, is: how much will we trust Christ's words over any other?

So first of all let me try to explain what I am not saying. I am not saying the Bible is not the inspired word of God. I am not saying that Moses was not a prophet of God. I am not saying that we need to get rid of it or change it or anything like that.

What I am saying is that Moses got it wrong. Sure, he talked to the Lord, but he lived in a harsher world and did not have the teaching and knowledge of Christ that we do - and the nature of God was misrepresented through him. We must be careful not to make the same mistake.

My concern, is whether or not The Holy Ghost 'recognizes' all of these other 'bibles'. If they contain errors (changes), then I would think not. He is the Spirit of Truth, and these changes would not be true. Why would He bring back to remembrance, words that were not true?

Our salvation depends on believing in Christ, seeking His salvation, and changing our lives to match His Word. The question that we all face, is 'which Word'? Are all 'bibles' righteous/godly?

I agree with the rest of your posts.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

My concern, is whether or not The Holy Ghost 'recognizes' all of these other 'bibles'. If they contain errors (changes), then I would think not. He is the Spirit of Truth, and these changes would not be true. Why would He bring back to remembrance, words that were not true?

This is a difficult thing. I don't want to say that these accounts are untrue, but more like missing something (the gospel actually).

It is one thing to say: "be wise, or there will be consequences" and another to say "do not err, or I will harm you". Each is very similar but carries with it certain assumptions about the character of the speaker.

There was another experience I had a few years back that's of a darker nature. I was awoken one night by a disturbing dream, and I am convinced that a spirit entered me at that point, but it was not the Holy Spirit. It was dark, and it loved cruelty, torment and malice. Thankfully the Lord gave me a strong foundation before that had happened because all I could do is cling to this knowledge and eventually it left me.

What I know now is that each of us has the capacity for this evil, and that I can see it in other people. I am sad to say but I also see it in the Bible. But please don't misinterpret me here. I'm not saying that it is a false voice coming to us from the Old Testament. It just seems to me that the people from that time were engulfed in it, and they had no choice but to see God through it.

Our salvation depends on believing in Christ, seeking His salvation, and changing our lives to match His Word. The question that we all face, is 'which Word'? Are all 'bibles' righteous/godly?

That's a difficult question also. I use the KJV because it is so well documented that I can take each word straight to the Greek or Hebrew quite easily.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God bless, and Peace to you Thorwald (I do not want to interupt the discussion you two are having). I Just wanted to post some verses to your OP (if they will help someone)

Just some verses that might show something of what you might be looking for as shown in scripture. However, its more of a "framework". But you can find a patern in it somewhat

Jeremiah (a true prophet) would refer back to the former prophets, whereas Hannaiah (false prophet) speaks contrary to them here (you can read the conext of the situation)

As Jeremiah said...

Jerm 28:8 The prophets that have been before me and before thee of old prophesied both against many countries.

Daniel (a true prophet ofcourse) refered back to Jeremiah (the prophet) to understand something....

Dan 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

Insight however was sent by God (for him) in accord with Prov 1:23

Jesus (spoken of by Moses) refers back to the prophets (He being the fulfiller of them) likewise says...

Mark 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,)

Moses speaking of Christ here...

Duet 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

The people acknowledging the in accord to what is written

John 7:40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.

The apostles acknowledge the same written of Moses...

Acts 7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

Jesus speaks of trying the apostles and finding them liars (here)

Saying...

Rev 2:2.... and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Adding to His word (here) one is found a liar

Prov 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

So let God be true and every man a liar:thumbsup:

Here (an example of) searching the scriptures to see if these things be so (true) and were commended for it

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Here he says he writes none other things then what they read and acknowledge

2Cr 1:13 For we write none other things unto you, than what ye read or acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end.

None other things (here) as well....

Acts 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

Then they speak of false prophets among the people back then (even as there will be among us) Hannaniah is one example of speaking contary to whats written (who God cast off) bringing swift destruction upon himself

Our Lord Jesus says...(putting the difference)

John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Likewise the apostles say...

1John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Let two or three speak, however the chaff is discerned from the wheat here....

Jerm 23:28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.

And Peter says admonishes us...

1Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

So, as the Father sent Him so likewise were they (by Him) sent to preach His doctrine, and he prays for them but also these...

John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

And likewise the acknowledgment of the same here...

1Thes 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Ultimately its God who opens the heart, but the word effectually works within those who believe

Likewise shows the same here....(affliction in both verses)

Isaiah 30:20 And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:

And so likewise...

1Thes 1:6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost:

And they will hear....

Isaiah 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Which speaks to the walk itself as the gospel of Christ is after Godliness

Acts 16:14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.

Theres just a few that form a framework to catch it a bit, just figured I'd post them for anyone interested.

Whats interesting in respects to false prophets is what he says here...

Duet 13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Then ofcourse Jesus words likewise (which were the Fathers) stated he that loveth me NOT will not keep His sayings (very simply put)

And ofcourse tells them of false prophets arising

1Kings 22:23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Which mirrors the same....

2Thes 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Definately cleave to Him:thumbsup:

God bless you

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nanopants, people have dreams. I dont believe you are passing your dreams off as the word of God, at least I sure havent taken you to be doing that.

I have had dreams too ( rare as they are ). And sure, I'll wake up and tell my husband about one of them, that doesnt make me a false prophet for telling my husband I had a dream. However mine are more like when I ate pizza too late (you know the kind) but I dont try to pass them off as the gospel to him. ^_^

When dreams start to trump the words of God and things begin to center around them specifically, no I wouldnt buy into them, I just dont put much stock into my own dreams let alone someone elses.

But if you are just sharing one, whose to say dont any way? Because clearly It says let him who has a dream tell the dream.

See what I mean?

God bless you :hug:

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

Apologies thorwald. I think I may have misunderstood you. So, correct me if I'm wrong but are you wondering about different translations of the Bible?

If so that is a tough question. Take this example for instance:

Luke 17:21 (KJV) said:
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Luke 17:21 (RSV) said:
nor will they say, 'Lo, here it is!' or 'There!' for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you."

I first saw this verse in the KJV, and it's my firm belief that it literally means the Kingdom is inside of us. However, a liberal Scholar once tried to convince me that what Jesus meant was something about society, and could not possibly have anything to do with spirituality.

I, however, cheated. I had some insight into this verse before the conversation, and I knew I should be able to find the answer elsewhere.

So I looked up the word that was used: "within" as it appears in this verse is "entos" in Greek. To his dismay the same Greek word appears in this verse:

Mat 23:26 (KJV) said:
[Thou] blind Pharisee, cleanse first that [which is] within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Which proves that it can be used to describe what is inside of a vessel.

So all I can rely on is what I believe is the illumination of the Spirit to give me understanding. I don't think it matters what version I am reading, but if it is not correct it won't agree with what the Spirit has shown me with another version.

That's just my 2 cents. But then I've only been shown a small portion of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nanopants, people have dreams. I dont believe you are passing your dreams off as the word of God, at least I sure havent taken you to be doing that.

I have had dreams too ( rare as they are ). And sure, I'll wake up and tell my husband about one of them, that doesnt make me a false prophet for telling my husband I had a dream. However mine are more like when I ate pizza too late (you know the kind) but I dont try to pass them off as the gospel to him. ^_^

When dreams start to trump the words of God and things begin to center around them specifically, no I wouldnt buy into them, I just dont put much stock into my own dreams let alone someone elses.

But if you are just sharing one, whose to say dont any way? Because clearly It says let him who has a dream tell the dream.

See what I mean?

Numbers 12:6, is also 'scripture', and Christ, Himself, stated that scriptures, "Cannot be broken."

Upvote 0

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

See what I mean?

Again (as I've posted in other threads), I am not talking of dreams, alone. Numbers 12:6, specifically states, that there is a 'vision' making The Lord known unto you, and then The Lord talks to you in a dream (in riddles).

I discussed this with a Baptist minister. His response was, that I should be careful, because satan was devious, and may use this to make you a false prophet. I thought about this quite a bit, because I, too, feared this. As I left the church after talking to the minister, God immediately gave me wisdom. If satan can 'duplicate' Numbers 12:6, then Numbers 12:6, is of no value. Satan CANNOT duplicate Numbers 12:6.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

Again (as I've posted in other threads), I am not talking of dreams, alone. Numbers 12:6, specifically states, that there is a 'vision' making The Lord known unto you, and then The Lord talks to you in a dream (in riddles).

I discussed this with a Baptist minister. His response was, that I should be careful, because satan was devious, and may use this to make you a false prophet. I thought about this quite a bit, because I, too, feared this. As I left the church after talking to the minister, God immediately gave me wisdom. If satan can 'duplicate' Numbers 12:6, then Numbers 12:6, is of no value. Satan CANNOT duplicate Numbers 12:6.

This is an interesting argument. I also seem to recall that it is stated somewhere in the Bible that prophecy (foreknowledge) is, by definition, from God because He alone has the ability to give it. Unfortunately I don't recall where.

Upvote 0

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apologies thorwald. I think I may have misunderstood you. So, correct me if I'm wrong but are you wondering about different translations of the Bible?

If so that is a tough question.

The different 'translations' are not what bothers me. Any 'changes' to God's instructions, promises, etc., that may differ from the truth, is what bothers me. By using different words, the true 'meaning' of the scriptures can be altered. Again, I refer to Numbers 12:6, 1 John 5:7, and Revelation 13:10. The Word is different between the KJV Bible and the NIV study bible. This is a fact. I fail to comprehend how others can 'ignore' this. To me, this is devastating. Numbers 12:6 provides us with 'proof' of anointment. I would not dare change this scripture.

I spoke with several ministers regarding the difference between the 'inclusion' and 'exclusion' of 1 John 5:7. One minister says, that it was 'redundant'. The other stated, that it was never in the original texts to begin with. Since God directed me to this scripture to begin with, I ask the question, "Is it possible, that God wanted this scripture included, and directed someone (author) to include this scripture?" I think that He did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

The different 'translations' are not what bothers me. Any 'changes' to God's instructions, promises, etc., that may differ from the truth, is what bothers me. By using different words, the true 'meaning' of the scriptures can be altered. Again, I refer to Numbers 12:6, 1 John 5:7, and Revelation 13:10. The Word is different between the KJV Bible and the NIV study bible. This is a fact. I fail to comprehend how others can 'ignore' this. To me, this is devastating. Numbers 12:6 provides us with 'proof' of anointment. I would not dare change this scripture.

Aye, I think you are right about this. I've heard it said that the difference between the styles of translation used in the NIV and KJV versions are that of thought for thought and word for word. The idea was that the syntax and semantics (at least of the Hebrew) is so different from that of English that a word for word translation is difficult to understand for English readers, so thought for thought would be easier to read.

However, a thought for thought translation requires spiritual illumination of the word to get it right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Numbers 12:6, is also 'scripture', and Christ, Himself, stated that scriptures, "Cannot be broken."

Agreed, here...

Numbers 12:6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

Numbers 12:7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.

Jerm 23:28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.

He spake by the former prophets this way...

Hosea 12:10 I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

A prophet like unto Moses God would raise up (which he did Jesus Christ)

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

However...

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

In the last days he did pour out his spirit on all flesh and key is on YOUR sons and daughters (which shall prophesy) and is in likewise establishing the new covenant (by the Spirit of adoption). Which likewise by thier hands (God confirming them) and worked miracles by them as He did by Christ. These being signs to all of Israel (as it is written, Behold I AND the children God hath given me WE are signs to Israel).

Likewise John was told, thou must prophesy AGAIN, takes the scroll in the hand (the one sent in Ezekiel) signified by the hand of an angel.

Joseph likewise was warned in a dream (in accord with the prophecy to call His son out of Egypt) God guiding the prophecy of the book.

The vision of all are the words of the book, even as it speaks of the vision of Isaiah, however Paul said he would go onto visions and revelations from the Lord (no doubt) and when he said he received one of a man in Macedonia and he simply gathered the Lord sent him to preach the gospel to others. But I dont think to encourage them to have visions and make a doctrine of visions. These were helps to them, and even how Paul and Ananias come together for the common good of (again) preaching the gospel. Likewise for Peter, a vision come to him (three times) only affirming what the Lord had done and to make it clearer to him (and in respects to preaching the gospel). In another, Paul was told not to be afraid, and was encouraged to continue on in preaching the gospel. The thing he would continue in as it pertained (even to) the first heavenly vision and being obedient to it.

God bless

Upvote 0

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is an interesting argument. I also seem to recall that it is stated somewhere in the Bible that prophecy (foreknowledge) is, by definition, from God because He alone has the ability to give it. Unfortunately I don't recall where.

False prophets apparently have this 'power' also (whether 'real' or 'lies'). We are told to match anything we hear, to the scriptures, and see if the prophecies come true.

Apparently at the 'end times', many will prophesy. I wonder, however, is it necessary for a prophet to prophesy? What if God 'anoints' someone today, in order to 'clean up a mess', so to speak. What proof does this person have, that his instructions came from God, and not satan. Only Numbers 12:6, and John 14:21-23, can provide this proof. I cannot find any other scripture to provide this proof. If you know of some, please let me know. Thank you.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

False prophets apparently have this 'power' also (whether 'real' or 'lies'). We are told to match anything we hear, to the scriptures, and see if the prophecies come true.

Apparently at the 'end times', many will prophesy. I wonder, however, is it necessary for a prophet to prophesy? What if God 'anoints' someone today, in order to 'clean up a mess', so to speak. What proof does this person have, that his instructions came from God, and not satan. Only Numbers 12:6, and John 14:21-23, can provide this proof. I cannot find any other scripture to provide this proof. If you know of some, please let me know. Thank you.

Here it is.

Deu 18:21-22 said:
And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

I guess the idea is that if he is real then God will back him up. A false prophet in my estimation is someone who can only manipulate people, like hitler with his speeches.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

Here it is.

I guess the idea is that if he is real then God will back him up. A false prophet in my estimation is someone who can only manipulate people, like hitler with his speeches.

And I must reiterate myself here. When the Lord places a vested spiritual authority on a man, that man does not become perfect, but he is good enough for the job in the sight of God.

Once the decision is made it is made for certain, otherwise God would show Himself to have made a mistake. When this man errs, God still follows, but the prophet is held accountable.

EDIT: and this by no means is unjust: The Lord even held Himself accountable for the errors of His own priesthood, though He in his wisdom used this to show us the way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Theres this one too (sign or wonder coming to pass)

Duet 13:2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

Coupled with let us go after other gods.

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast

Upvote 0