Hillsboro
✟15,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I am a young adult who wasn't grown up in the church. I lucked out and found some amazing friends who absolutely love God and Jesus Christ and they have really helped me to better understand faith and to stick with it. But is it normal for me to question whether I am saved or not? I know this is something a lot of younger people deal with and people who weren't raised within a church. This is something in my head that I don't know if I will ever get rid off. I just feel uncomfortable sometimes because I wasn't born in the church and almost feel judged. I know this isn't the case but it is hard to get over. I was lucky my friend pointed me to a website that has really helped me and I think could help a lot of people in my position. Not only that but I think it can unite Christians in a way that spreads love so fast that we can encourage so many non-believers to let Jesus in on their life. This blog has only had a few post but I truly feel motivated and energized after reading it. Anyways, I would appreciate if everyone checked it out and spread the word. I wouldn't feel right unless I posted about it because it, along with this forum, has helped me tremendously and I want everyone to feel that. I also know there are some people on here that have some very knowledgeable things to spread and the author on this blog wants to hear those things! Thank you to everyone that has been so supportive. Please check out this blog Faithforall it can bring us all closer and we can use this platform to make a difference for ALL! Thank you guys for listening.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd probably ask the opening question in the "Advice" section. But I can tell you many people have doubts at times. Especially when a struggle or stress comes around. While we shouldn't really worry about it, it does happen. I've been through it a few times. In the end I know I am saved and where I am going. I just get disappointed with my actions and pray to do better.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But is it normal for me to question whether I am saved or not?
Yes , and good to do . Test everything. Read 1 John several times slowly to enjoy and learn what God says so people can know who is His and who is not His.

Then , mainly, it is written "we know by the spirit He has put within us" (not by outward stuff)
with peace, joy and righteousness (given freely in salvation to ekklesia at the time they are saved/immersed in Jesus) ....

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am a young adult who wasn't grown up in the church. I lucked out and found some amazing friends who absolutely love God and Jesus Christ and they have really helped me to better understand faith and to stick with it. But is it normal for me to question whether I am saved or not? I know this is something a lot of younger people deal with and people who weren't raised within a church. This is something in my head that I don't know if I will ever get rid off. I just feel uncomfortable sometimes because I wasn't born in the church and almost feel judged. I know this isn't the case but it is hard to get over. I was lucky my friend pointed me to a website that has really helped me and I think could help a lot of people in my position. Not only that but I think it can unite Christians in a way that spreads love so fast that we can encourage so many non-believers to let Jesus in on their life. This blog has only had a few post but I truly feel motivated and energized after reading it. Anyways, I would appreciate if everyone checked it out and spread the word. I wouldn't feel right unless I posted about it because it, along with this forum, has helped me tremendously and I want everyone to feel that. I also know there are some people on here that have some very knowledgeable things to spread and the author on this blog wants to hear those things! Thank you to everyone that has been so supportive. Please check out this blog Faithforall it can bring us all closer and we can use this platform to make a difference for ALL! Thank you guys for listening.

Hi
it's simple. As soon as you pray to Jesus Christ, admitting that you are a sinner and asking for forgiveness, accepting that He is the Son of God and surrender your life to Him, you are saved. Letting Jesus guide your Life, handing your problems to Him and making it your business to live in His way is vital. Pray constantly. Ask for the Peace. It will all be given to you.

I only became a Christian three years ago. I was born into an entirely different culture, never attended a church until then. Once I truly believed, everything else flowed in the right direction.

So relax and be filled with joy.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Living a changed life led by the Holy Spirit and His constant assurance is how we know we're saved. Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF, Steve. May you find great fellowship and godly encouragement here! I agree with @mukk_in. When you receive salvation from Christ, He starts changing you from the inside out. When you notice that happening, you can have confidence He is in you working. Obeying His leading is what will bring full assurance.
Romans 8:14 says "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."

Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0