Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How do I fear God? Honestly? How do I get the fear of God when I’m not a believer? I remember deliberately cursing God’s spirit 6 years ago. Oh what a fool I was. How can I fear God? Make myself fear Him? any advice? How can I fear Him when my conscience is seared beyond recovery? How? Any advice?

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
How do I fear God? Honestly? How do I get the fear of God when I’m not a believer? I remember deliberately cursing God’s spirit 6 years ago. Oh what a fool I was. How can I fear God? Make myself fear Him? any advice? How can I fear Him when my conscience is seared beyond recovery? How? Any advice?
The Hebrew word "pachad" refers to the type of fear that causes us to want to run away and hide while the word "yireh" refers to the type of fear that causes us to see and run towards someone. In other words, there is a type of fear where we don't want to be close to someone and a type of fear where we don't want to be separated from someone, and the type of fear of God that is the beginning if wisdom is the latter, so even our fear of God is rooted in our love for Him. When express and aspect of God's nature through our obedience to His commands, such as justice, we are expressing our love for that aspect of who God is, which is why there are many verses in both the OT and the NT that connect our love for God with our obedience to His commands. In other words, our love for God leads us to draw close to Him by obeying His commands and to avoid doing things that would separate us from Him by disobeying His commands.

Reactions: QvQ
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am sure you have experienced pain, sorrow, fear etc...
Those things are real to you, and you know them by experience.
Anticipation has a lot to do with it.

Hebrews 10:26-27 KJV
26. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth,
there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27. But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall
devour the adversaries.

Imagination can substitute for reality in this. Go fill up the tub with water so hot you can barely stand it. Dip yourself down into it.
Nothing compared to being cast into hell. I think of this every time I get the bath water too hot.

Matthew 10:28 KJV
28. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul:
but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,283.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Very commendable that you have this interest.

How to have the fear of the Lord is revealed in Scripture including Prov 2. v 5 states "then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God." Don't know which Bible version you prefer but v 1-4 gives the details.

As already noted by Soyeone the fear of the Lord means different things. Personally, like the explanation given by poster HIM in another thread.

"There is a fear OF the Lord which He gives us and there is a fear of the Lord where we understand His righteousness and power."

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

How to have the fear of the Lord is revealed in Scripture including Prov 2. v 5 states "then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God." Don't know which Bible version you prefer but v 1-4 gives the details.

As already noted by Soyeone the fear of the Lord means different things. Personally, like the explanation given by poster HIM in another thread.

"There is a fear OF the Lord which He gives us and there is a fear of the Lord where we understand His righteousness and power."
I only have a small intellectual fear of God and hell. Not from the heart at all. I don’t I can genuinely fear God in this life. It’s all intellectual.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You answered your own question. You're not a believer, therefore you're not going to fear something you don't believe in. We fear God because we believe in him.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a non-believer it is impossible to recognize Him at all, in other words, you are putting the cart before the horse. God fearing people are those who recognize His Almighty Power and Holiness. He is our first Love. Your constant doubting and self punishment keeps you from His peace. I'll pray for you. Blessings.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I take this story with a grain of salt but this man who they could prove died for while then came back said he say heaven.. ok. Said he saw this young India boy and asked about him. Since India has thousands of Gods so how did he get in? He said one day he was somewhere and looked at all the beauty and said "I want the God that made all this".

So look around.. get up early or go somewhere just when the sun starts to rise.. or set or at night at all the stars. There are so many wonders just in this earth no man knows how it happened. Fear is honor, fear is respect. I remember this Muslim man in a prison like in Iran...short part is he was seeking to hear from Allah but.. he fasted and prayed for a week and nothing so he gave up then in his cell this light like a man with holes in his hands and feet shows up. At that moment he said he ran to the corner so scared saying forgive me forgive me I am unworthy. He said the light came over touched his shoulder and said I forgive you. The man said all fear worry just vanished just this love he had never felt. He asked who are you the light said "I am the way the truth and the life. The man said that means nothing to me. He said I am Jesus Christ.

What always got me was when this man first shared it oh when he got to Christ he cried like a baby. 25 years later tell the story when he got to Christ he cried like a baby.. couldn't stop. He said Christ shows this vison of people all over the world lost sinners and asked "how easy was it for me to forgive you?" Where this man was from the saying "easy as drinking water". He said as easy as it was for me to forgive you I will forgive them but who will tell them?

For God so loved this world. So much of what we believe and in this world is just a lie. So not knowing Him.. if He shows up it will be great fear for He is holy just pure no other like Him and yet He left heaven became His creation to save it so He wont lose them. So how? From your heart just ask..if He is so real He WILL show up.. but the key is have to ask from your heart

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I take this story with a grain of salt but this man who they could prove died for while then came back said he say heaven.. ok. Said he saw this young India boy and asked about him. Since India has thousands of Gods so how did he get in? He said one day he was somewhere and looked at all the beauty and said "I want the God that made all this".

So look around.. get up early or go somewhere just when the sun starts to rise.. or set or at night at all the stars. There are so many wonders just in this earth no man knows how it happened. Fear is honor, fear is respect. I remember this Muslim man in a prison like in Iran...short part is he was seeking to hear from Allah but.. he fasted and prayed for a week and nothing so he gave up then in his cell this light like a man with holes in his hands and feet shows up. At that moment he said he ran to the corner so scared saying forgive me forgive me I am unworthy. He said the light came over touched his shoulder and said I forgive you. The man said all fear worry just vanished just this love he had never felt. He asked who are you the light said "I am the way the truth and the life. The man said that means nothing to me. He said I am Jesus Christ.

What always got me was when this man first shared it oh when he got to Christ he cried like a baby. 25 years later tell the story when he got to Christ he cried like a baby.. couldn't stop. He said Christ shows this vison of people all over the world lost sinners and asked "how easy was it for me to forgive you?" Where this man was from the saying "easy as drinking water". He said as easy as it was for me to forgive you I will forgive them but who will tell them?

For God so loved this world. So much of what we believe and in this world is just a lie. So not knowing Him.. if He shows up it will be great fear for He is holy just pure no other like Him and yet He left heaven became His creation to save it so He wont lose them. So how? From your heart just ask..if He is so real He WILL show up.. but the key is have to ask from your heart
I found this. I hope it’s True.It says no matter how selfish or hardened you are. But I believe Ive reached the point where my heart wont let me genuinely ask God. I know It’s too hardened. I’ve wasted my life. I have no Godly sorrow for sin let alone guilt. I don’t really have emotions. I’ve tried everything honestly from gospel music to reading the word.

I
Ignacio_3753
What do you mean you don't have emotions? Can you enjoy the things you like? Brother, I'm just like you. It's just that I have emotions in my physical senses, not in my heart. But I think there's still hope

I can recommend a few groups you can join that discuss seared conscience and losing the Holy Spirit.

Lost Christians - Facebook

Lost Christians - Reddit

Micah 7:8-Whatsapp
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

26. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth,
27. But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall
devour the adversaries.

Imagination can substitute for reality in this. Go fill up the tub with water so hot you can barely stand it. Dip yourself down into it.
Nothing compared to being cast into hell. I think of this every time I get the bath water too hot.

I am writing down in a notebook “fear Jesus He wants me now” over and over. I only have a small tiny intellectual fear of God but it’s a start.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am writing down in a notebook “fear Jesus He wants me now” over and over. I only have a small tiny intellectual fear of God but it’s a start.
Interesting that you put it that way.
I suppose faith and fear are both sides of the same coin. I remember Noah:

Hebrews 11:7 KJV
7. By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

He believed God and so feared, but that belief led to the saving of not only his family, but the human race.
Most of the time, I think faith is driven by love.
But in this case he believed and so feared.
Being a Christian prepper, I can see this. (See my signature for more info).

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Interesting that you put it that way.
I suppose faith and fear are both sides of the same coin. I remember Noah:

Hebrews 11:7 KJV
7. By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

He believed God and so feared, but that belief led to the saving of not only his family, but the human race.
Most of the time, I think faith is driven by love.
But in this case he believed and so feared.
Being a Christian prepper, I can see this. (See my signature for more info).
Hopefully this method works. At least I have a small intellectual fear. I will write it thousands of times. I have no true desire for the word or God Himself though. I have no worldly sorrow let alone Godly sorrow I believe it is too late for me but I did find this article though

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello my friend!

Peace and blessing of the lord Jesus Christ be unto you!

Basically Fearing God isn’t fearing him as a brutal punisher,fearing God is an older way of saying to honor,
and having a healthy respect of Gods almighty position,he is sovereign,knows all,sees all,does all,and is holy and just,as well as merciful and loving.It means respecting an honoring him humbly and aiming to respect him.If you honor God and don’t want to offend or hurt him and respect his high position,that’s essentially fearing God.

My prayers go out to you!

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

My “interest” in this is only intellectual and that intellectual “desire” is not that much at all. I cannot control my mind. It’s that screwed up.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

devour the adversaries.

I did write down deut. 32:22 I should study that to death and maybe over time my intellectual fear of hell will increase.

Upvote 0

Reasonable Christian

Dec 15, 2020
Maryland
✟19,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Place your faith in Christ and ask God to renew your heart. That is the only way. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "fear" God. The "fear" that God wants is the reverence, awe, and respect that is due the Lord of the universe. He doesn't want us to cower in fear.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Place your faith in Christ and ask God to renew your heart. That is the only way. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "fear" God. The "fear" that God wants is the reverence, awe, and respect that is due the Lord of the universe. He doesn't want us to cower in fear.
My fear of hell is very very dim if at all. It’s very very dim. When I attempt to think about God and hell my forehead gets tense. My mind doesn’t want to retain it At all. I forget what I read in no time.

Upvote 0