how did you meet

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how did you meet your special someone and how long did you date before you married

I like hearing how you met stories and for guys and girls how did you ask her to marry and girls how did he ask you etc.

We have a funny story. We met when I went to work at a factory back home. I kept looking at my now husband thinking "I know him, I just don't know where I know him from, but I know him". Anyway, one Friday afternoon, the other girls on my line and I were talking about what we were going to do. My now husband walked up to me and said "well, what are WE doing Friday night?" Dingaling that I am, I didn't "get" it. I told him that I didn't know what HE was going to do, but I was going out with the girls. Eventually it sunk in that he was asking me out. We went dancing and had a really good time. Anyway...I found out that Thanksgiving where I knew him from. His sister Debbie and I had been friends as teens and I used to just DROOOOOOOOL over him but he never knew I was alive!

He proposed about a year later...after asking my children and mom for my hand in marriage. He took my kids to pick out my ring and proposed in the living room of my mom's house. We got married in a very small ceremony (just my kids in attendance) a couple of months later.

We will celebrate 14 years of marriage at the end of this month.

Upvote 0

jminnesota

Sep 4, 2012
US
✟16,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We have a funny story. We met when I went to work at a factory back home. I kept looking at my now husband thinking "I know him, I just don't know where I know him from, but I know him". Anyway, one Friday afternoon, the other girls on my line and I were talking about what we were going to do. My now husband walked up to me and said "well, what are WE doing Friday night?" Dingaling that I am, I didn't "get" it. I told him that I didn't know what HE was going to do, but I was going out with the girls. Eventually it sunk in that he was asking me out. We went dancing and had a really good time. Anyway...I found out that Thanksgiving where I knew him from. His sister Debbie and I had been friends as teens and I used to just DROOOOOOOOL over him but he never knew I was alive!

He proposed about a year later...after asking my children and mom for my hand in marriage. He took my kids to pick out my ring and proposed in the living room of my mom's house. We got married in a very small ceremony (just my kids in attendance) a couple of months later.

We will celebrate 14 years of marriage at the end of this month.

that is so nice how he asked both your family and your kids to me that shows he really loves you and repsects who you are and your family. 14 years is great and hope it will be many many more

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We met on CF in singles too.

I started a thread about renting a friend. I got a ladyfriend of mine married off the last time I did one of those threads. This time it worked again but instead of a friend it was me. (Who had just sworn off romantic love)

We dated almost a year before I gave her an engagement ring for Christmas.

Initially we both thought the other one was some kind of socially inept dweeb. We both were wrong and today I have a better relationship and wife I couldn't have even imagined.

Upvote 0

Arson

Questioning everything
Oct 7, 2012
✟7,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband and I met our Senior year in high school. We were going through Firefighting and EMT classes together(I was his squad leader). At the time I was in a bad relationship with a long term teenage boyfriend. After spending a lot of time together while we are in school we grew close as friends. My boyfriend broke up with me over our Senior year Spring break. I came back from my spring break cruise to a message from him asking to spend time with me. We were immediately inseparable, and engaged after just 3.5 months of dating. He proposed to me on Daytona Beach with a family diamond. We married two days before our one year dating anniversary.

Reactions: jminnesota
Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was overseas teaching English. My wife was a student at a Bible college. A few years before I got married, I was talking to this friend who was all into visions and prophecy. She asked me, "Has God shown you who you are going to marry, yet"-- as if God always did that. :) I said, no, and she said she'd pray for me. She told me later what she saw in a vision.

So I was praying about it. What if the Lord had shown her a vision of my wife, but not me? I opened up to Deuteronomy where it says the secret things belong to the Lord, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever.

So I prayed to the Lord and told him that this person said He'd shown her a vision of my wife. And it's my wife, not hers. I said the verse says that the things that are revealed belong to us, not just one person, but us, and I wanted to see my wife, so I asked for Him to show her to me. So I had this vision, not one of those 3-D, sight, sound smell visions, but a picture that dropped into my mind's eye, so to speak. It was a zoomed in picture of a woman's eye and eyebrow, an Asian woman, with kind of bushy eyebrows, and her face was a bit oily. I got a clear picture of the eye. The image of the face disappeared rather quickly, too quickly for me to memorize everything or to be able to definitely recognize her if I saw her. Still, it was an interesting experience.

So, I was teaching at this school, teaching English conversation to every grade level they had except for the 3-year-old preschool (which I did for a little while) It was pre-school and kindergarten day. I was scheduled for class right after class back to back with no break in between. I'd left my box of cardboard numbers or whatever it was I was using that day to teach. I went back to get them, and when I did, the teacher introduced me to a new teaching assistant. We shook hands briefly, and I left for the kindergarten class.

A few hours later, I was in the office sitting at the long table, a bunch of tables put together actually, and at the other end was this beautiful young woman, who I didn't realize was the one I had met. I remembered she had a sticker from her denomination on her briefcase. I remember thinking, "I wonder if the Lord would give me a woman that beautiful to be my wife." Then I told myself to quit thinking that and focus on my work. I didn't see her again around there and basically forgot about it.

Fast forward a year or so. I was overseas for Christmas and before Christmas an American missionary I had met invited me to dinner at his house. His wife was local to the country there. Their apartment was in one of the buildings for the Bible college and denominational HQ there in the capital city. It was less than a mile from my house and every minute of the day there was a bus waiting to go up that way. He said when the campus opened I should go visit the library which had a lot of English books. I thought I'd do that, and go make some friends at the Bible college.

Christmas overseas reminded me that I was alone, and I started praying more intensely than normal for a wife. I asked the Lord to hurry up and send he to me. I prayed in February about it, and it seemed like the Lord was telling me that I would meet her that month.

The day after Valentine's day, I went up to the Bible college for maybe the second time to visit the library. I'd made a friend, Yoel (same as Joel), the last time I'd been there.

This time, I'd come down from the library and I was in the partly open area used for the cafeteria on the first floor. A couple of girls walked in. One of them caught my eye because she was pretty. She was in a good mood and greeted me in English, "Hi, sir." She walked up the stairs with her friend, chatting, going up to the library. Her friend, I found out later, said I was cute, so she looked back at me to see me looking back at her.

A while later she came down, and I was talking to Filemon, a student there, who was holding a guitar. This young woman sensed the Spirit telling her to stop and talk to me, but she prayed, "I am a shy Asian girl. I can't walk up to a man like that and start a conversation." So she sat next to Filemon, whom she knew already, and asked him if he knew how to play a certain worship song. Eventually, I struck up a conversation with her.

As we talked, she got a word of knowledge about my gift of teaching and how God wanted to us it which seemed to fit well with what I knew about myself. I had a bottle of water in the backpack I had with me and spilled the water. She put the backpack in the sun to dry it out. We talked for a while and she suggested I go to a cell group. I gave her my number but did not think to get hers (duh!)

I went home and started praying. I'd prayed to have more friends, and I'd prayed for a wife. I went home after meeting her asking the Lord if this was to be my wife, and also wondering if she could be an answer to the friend prayer. Later, I found out that she went home and wrote her prayer in her prayer journal about us getting married if it was the Lord's will that day. We both sensed it.

At this time, I was living with an American friend who had an office in his house. His family had moved back to the states, and since he was living there house-sitting for his sister-in-law, he let me live there for free until he moved, and we hung out together. It was also good to have someone to talk to about marriage. There were a few phone lines in the house we used for business and personal use. I rarely got personal calls at that time, and if I did, the people who worked in the office would let me know.

So one day, she called, hoping to leave a message for me to call her. But this guy who worked there who was engaged didn't pass the number on and tried to flirt with her. He did that maybe one other time she called, and finally put the number on my door.

I called her, and eventually started talking to her about just being friends.

As soon as I saw that, I gave her a call. We were both busy and couldn't meet up. I was going on a church trip to another city. Finally we met. I was silly about it, though. I got home at night from the church trip, and went to meet her at the house she was staying in. I didn't know her living situation. I had a little suitcase with me. Had I realized she was living with a family and there was no place to hide the suitcase, I might not have done that. I guess I was too enthusiastic to think it through well.

Anyway, at this meeting we went into a room and did like a little devotion. She shared a worship song she had written for me. I think our first date as 'just friends' where we went out was probably when I took her to this fast food Japanese place at the mall.

After that, I took her out for dinner just about every night for maybe 4 months or so. My guess is there were probably 3 days during that time that we did not see each other. We went to church together, went to Bible studies together. After several weeks, I started meeting her relatives. At first we were 'just friends' until I felt like we were lying. She called me 'brother' which is normal in her language--translated into English. I thought she might be trying to reinforce our 'just friends' status with that incestuous sounding form of address. :) I asked her about it, and she thought I was trying to reinsure that we were 'just friends,' though I was trying to clarify that she was my girlfriend. Finally, I told her I felt dishonest saying that. Plus, I wanted to tell people she was my girlfriend. That sounded silly for what she meant to me. I wanted to be able to tell people she was my wife, but I was still praying about that.

Btw, we eventually figured out that we had met when she had visited the school I had worked at before. She was that beautiful woman I'd met and seen in the office.

So I'd pray about whether this was the woman I should marry. It seemed like the Lord was saying, "Yes" into my spirit. Later, it seemed like when I would pray this that the Lord was saying, "Yes, why don't you believe Me?" On one occasion, I was praying about something she'd gotten upset about during our conversation, and it sure seemed like the Lord was telling me this story that happened to her in her past, which explained why she was upset. Later, we talked on the phone and she told me the story I'd gotten in prayer. I guess that should have been enough to convince me, but I was slower than I should have been to accept it with full confidence.

But I did learn to make decisions. After about 4 months of solid dating (partly as 'friends'), my wife went away on a 6-week missions trip out in the jungle somewhere along a river. I was left alone to pray and make my decision. Taking a couple of friends' advice, I laid out my reasons before the Lord and told Him why I believed this was His will and the right decision. Finally I said, "If you don't want me to do it, stop me." After that, I went from being 90 something percent sure of us marrying to 100%. I really had peace about it.

I would have loved to have had a prophetic confirmation of this when I was making my decision. The woman who'd told me about seeing a vision of my wife told me she didn't look like the woman in her vision. I think my wife took that news (which she heard through me) harder than I did. So I would have liked to have had some counter-prophetic confirmation. I found out that this woman liked to cast doubts on other people's marriages. She was single and a little old to be single in that country (not for the US, maybe) and I think she still hasn't married the man she thought she would.

I go to this church meeting at night after I'd made plans to get the ring. There was this American evangelist that I'd known from before I met my wife. After the service, he calls us up and gives us this prophecy about how we would go to many places and minister to many people. In my mind, that implied that we would be married (at least together for a long time in a relationship where we could travel together). I don't know if that woman with the vision heard that night though she was there. (They crank up the music during prophecies instead of letting people hear such things, which makes no sense IMO if you believe in the gift.)

I wish I'd had a recording of the prophecy. As best I can recall, much of it has been fulfilled, though probably not to it's fullness.

We started our relationship after our first conversation on February 15th. I proposed to her on July 20th. I got 'engaged' by asking her parents in August. We married in December, all in the same year. If I had it to do over again, I think I might have proposed quicker, or maybe gone back further in time and married her up right out of high school to have a few more years with her.

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I joined a site for Christian singles a few months after the break-up of a long term relationship. The site allowed members to post profiles and what-not, but was geared more toward discussion forums than being strictly a 'dating' site. My wife was, at the time, one of the mods in the forums. We became familiar with each other through the discussions, but took little interest in one another otherwise. For about a year or so I had casual conversations with other ladies on the site, hoping something would happen, but nothing did.
Eventually my wife posted that she was completing her degree in Social Work. I am currently a student, completing my Masters' Degree in Counseling and I wrote her a PM to congratulate her. This began a friendly correspondence by PM that carried on over the course of a few months. Eventually, I went to visit my brother in January, 2011. About this time my wife and I had progressed to a close friendship. During the trip to see my brother we took a day trip to St. Augustine. I remember clearly thinking that "the only thing missing is her". When I returned home I began to pursue her in earnest by E-Mail and chat and she eventually began to reciprocate when she knew I was quite serious in my intentions.
The logistics of meeting, though, were a bit of a hurdle. I lived near Detroit and she in B.C., Canada, near Vancouver. We arranged for her to come visit me over Easter weekend in 2011. I proposed to her on Good Friday and she accepted. I made the move to Canada in July, 2011 and we married one year ago today, October 7, 2011! :)

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hubby's father taught me History, so I technically *knew* hubby when I was 14.
Unfortunately he's super shy, so I never got to know him, and made the mistake of dating his best friend when I was 18.
After that mess got swept up. hubby and I were mutual friends via ex-boyfriend.
Hubby moved away to finish an apprenticeship and we started chatting and getting to know eachother.

For a year or so we were best friends, albeit long-distance ones.
Finally he gathered up enough courage to ask if he could come for a visit, to see if we could make a relationship work.

I said yes (after being shocked - I never thought he thought of me that way) and he came down for a visit, asked my Father if he could date me, and we dated for about a year and a half, before he proposed Christmas day, at 3am in 2007.
2008 we were married; and going strong ever since.

:)

Peace,
- Niffer

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How I proposed:

I didn't know this at the time, but they don't really do proposals in my wife's country. You talk about marriage with your boyfriend or girlfriend (or 'friend' you go everywhere with). When you are ready to wed, the man takes his parents to meet the brides and they talk about it. Every people group has their own set of marriage customs.

But I did a proposal the western way first. We had eaten at this Lebanese place with some friends from church. It was one of the restaurants attached to a hotel. The city we lived in was polluted and the streets sometimes have trash on them. It's a concrete jungle. Beautiful places in town are very hard to find. So when we went to this restaurant, I noticed the hotel pool was beautiful. It had a garden around it.

My wife didn't like Lebanese food. (I still can't understand that.) So I planned to take her out to one of the other buffets there, the one by the pool. I guess someone could spin it as me proposing at a hotel, which sounds tacky, but I wasn't thinking of that. I just wanted a beautiful place to propose.

She'd come back from a missions trip and if we did not spend a day together, she would be suspicious. I'd asked an older married man from church to help me buy a wedding ring. I told her we were going to meet and do something, without giving her the details.

In her country, if it's your birthday, you treat other people to dinner or lunch. So I said to dress up nice because I wanted to take her out somewhere nice for my birthday.

The night before, I bought the engagement ring with my friend.

The night of my birthday, she dressed up nice and I wore a suit. We both ate. They had a buffet and my wife would have eaten more, but I was really eager to propose so I kept asking if she wanted to leave after she'd eaten what seemed like enough, so she went along with it and finished earlier than she would have otherwise (rather than multiple trips to the dessert table I suppose.)

I had seen the pool and I thought about washing her feet in the pool, but that was weird. I took her outside, and it had just rained-- a flash flood. The walkway was tile. There was a puddle of clean rain water on the tile. I put down a handkercheif on the dry part of the tile (the walkway was covered by a roof) and got on one knee on the handkerchief, and took the water from the puddle and washed her feet. I told her in her language-- "What I do now, you do not understand, but you will understand later"-- translating the words of Christ as best I could from John 13.

Then I took out the ring and proposed. She was unfamiliar with this custom-- something I did not know--but it blew her away.

She's crying and saying "That's wonderful" and stuff like that. I keep asking her, "Will you marry me?" and she's so blown away she doesn't even answer for a while. Finally she said "Yes, of course I'll marry you" or something like that. Then she calmed down and she started talking about convincing her family. We weren't engaged in her country until we got parental approval. We finally called her parents. Her dad was down on her marrying a foreigner for fear of her getting a divorce, but she was able to persuade him by the end of the conversation. But I had to see them in person.

I rode in a cattle car of a boat crammed in there with a bunch of other people for two or three nights to get up there to meet her parents. We traveled together, but it was on the up-and-up. There was no privacy. Finally, we got there. I thought I'd do pretty well talking to her parents in the lingua franca, there but they spoke a regional language. Before it was over, they had relatives picked out to adopt me into the tribe and various other plans.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟39,141.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We met at college freshmen year she caught me staring at her and I was she smiled. I knew a girl from Brooklyn and her family was from Trinidad and we clicked cause my family is Jamaican. They were friends and I asked her to introduce me she did. Our first date was a 2hr walk for ice cream which was closed....on the way back we saw a stray dog I told her to walk away from me so if the dog attacked me she wouldn't be Nexted after that she always trusted me with her safety. We were and still are more like best friends she's great

Upvote 0

lillivanilli

May the schwartz be with you.
Dec 5, 2011
✟8,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Back in the late 80s the thing for teenagers to do in our town was cruise Main street in our cars, and gather in various parking lots to talk & hang out (gas was cheap then!). I first met DH in the parking lot of an auto parts store. I didn't believe him when he told me his name, because he does have a very unusual one! But we ended up hanging around the same group of friends for a few years until we finally started going out. We dated for 5 years before getting married in 98, coincidentally on what would have been my parents' 40th anniversary had they still been alive.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm another one of those- met through CF- couples. :) But not as directly as some of the others. It was September before President Bush was going to be voted in for his first term and I was continuing a healing process after a very abusive relationship (the relationshp ended in Dec/January).

I posted something like "Dear Lord, help me because I never knew life would be this hard" and had the help smiley posted next to it in my signature. That got a guy (his username is Reborn_in_Christ - he's engaged to VictoriasImage77 now) to pm me saying that he thought it was interesting and he'd like to chat with me sometime. So I decided to take a chance- I was lonely and wanted someone to talk to- and we ended up becoming very close to the point of where we almost started a relationship, but I didn't want a LD relationship.

About a month or two later, I started talking to his roommate (scorcher505 at CF) about politics and such. His roommate was trying to get us to work on things in our relationship but that just did not work out. Instead his roommate and I became closer and about a year and half after chatting online, we met face-to-face. A few weeks later we started dating and about 5 years- with some breaks- we were engaged and a year later we were married. :)

Sean proposed to me at Disney World's Epcot in the area that is suppose to be Japan over the koi pond bridge. My best friend girlfriend, Caren (who I knew since 4th grade) planned it with my husband and she was there to take pictures and celebrate with us. It was seriously the most perfect way to ask me to marry him and to include my best friend with it too. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lillivanilli

Dec 5, 2011
✟8,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Aww Angeldove that's so sweet!

Ours was a "shotgun" engagement. We had been planning to get married and had picked out rings already, but DH wanted to wait for a special time to actually propose. As it was, my dad passed unexpectedly from a heart attack and my mom's health had deteriorated significantly from cancer, so just before I quit work and moved home to care for her, he gave me the ring while we were watching television. We knew she wouldn't live to see me get married but it was important for us both that she at least least knew it was planned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Back in the late 80s the thing for teenagers to do in our town was cruise Main street in our cars, and gather in various parking lots to talk & hang out (gas was cheap then!).

You didn't happen to live in this certain town in South Carolina on the boarder of North Carolina did you? :)

I forget the name of it, but you could barely get through that town on the weekend because of the teens cruising the strip to get to the parking lots back in the 1980's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lillivanilli

Dec 5, 2011
✟8,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You didn't happen to live in this certain town in South Carolina on the boarder of North Carolina did you? :)

I forget the name of it, but you could barely get through that town on the weekend because of the teens cruising the strip to get to the parking lots back in the 1980's.

Nope, my cruising days all took place in Minnesota!

Upvote 0

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
In August 2007 I reluctantly went to a One New Man conference at Ft. Mill, SC. I was skeptical because it claimed signs and wonders and the focus was rather messianic - something I wasnt familiar with at this point. The miraculous DID occur, things that I cant deny because I saw with my own eyes and still have the proof. But something else 'miraculous' occured. A few days before the trip I was talking with an online friend and he said casually 'hey, maybe you'll meet your man there' and little did I know... On the 2nd day of the conference, we met some people from our area (up North) who lived within an 1 from us and the leader of the group said to me 'Do you have a young man in your life? We have a man with us, he's not looking for anyone or anything but would you like to meet him?' and I agreed to meet him. Why not? Of course I'd like to meet him. So they introduced us and WOW, this guy was so handsome!! I invited him to have dinner with my family when I saw him wandering around. I was thrilled when he said yes. I also made sure to get his contact info because the next day would be the last day I'd see him and be able to get his info before we left. Yes, I know, bold move there.

We did end up keeping in contact via Skype/Yahoo messenger. We were just friends and talked frequently, usually about spiritual matters. He invited me and my dad to his messianic synagogue. I was just so taken by him the whole time I was there, lol. Lets just say I was all googly eyed over him. I saw him on another occasion or two, but not to hang out privately, it was for spiritual gatherings. When he'd walk in a room, I'd stare. When he talked to me, I'd think he was crazy (being a messianic and all) but I never told him that, I just listened and stared with stars in my eyes. He told me things I'd never heard concerning the Scriptures and he was very well-versed.

Not a few months after having met him, he found out he got a job out on the West coast and the night before he moved, I cried. (he didnt know it then) I figured that was that, our friendship was all that probably ever would be even though we werent dating or anything. But I was wrong, we kept in contact even when he was on the other side of the States and he came back a few times to visit his family during the Biblical feasts. In April (about 7-8 months after we'd met for the first time), he came out for about a week for Passover and invited me on a fishing trip one of those days. Now over winter, we were starting to realize that we cared about each other and entertained ponderings of a relationship beyond just friendship. Right before the fishing trip, my dad pulled him aside and cornered him and told him that he didnt want me waiting around all summer for him. Either he was serious about me or wasnt. Poor young man was kinda shocked, it was just a fishing trip after all. Though on that trip, he did tell me that he loved me but we both wanted to be sure it was God's will.

So B- left out a fleece. We both wanted to know by the prophetic confirmation of 2-3 witnesses whether we were meant to be together (as in marriage). The first and main thing he prayed was that the Lord would reveal in a very real way to my dad that yes, we were meant to be together. In June, we received all 3 confirmations. The first came one evening when my dad was reading the Bible. He happened to be reading Matthew and God led him to a few passages beyond where he was reading, to the part where Messiah says "And for this reason a man shall leave father and mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh, what God has joined together let no man separate" and my dad honestly burst into tears because it became real to him that he was to let his little girl marry this young man. I excitedly called B- and told him the news and while he was excited, he said lets keep waiting for further confirmation. The very next morning, my mom received a call from a friend. She was reading Isaiah 60 that morning about when a bridegroom adorns himself and a bride puts on her jewels and she said to my mom 'I think this verse is for your daughter, I think shes meant to get married soon'. WoW! She had never met B- and didnt know we were prayng for confirmation on whether to marry. We werent even 'dating'! The final confirmation came from B-'s good friend and it was pretty simple. When B told him about the confirmations, he said "Oh yeah, I knew for 2 weeks that J- [me] was the one".

So a few months later, August (1 year to the very week we'd first met) he came out again to visit and proposed officially. He didnt do the whole kneeling down thing, we already knew the answer. But he did 'propose' in a romantic way. We were at a high place looking over the city and he said 'you know [name of city] is the 2nd most beautiful view?' and naively I asked 'whats the 1st?' and he replied 'You are' and popped open the ring box. He then handed me a prophetic poem for me that he'd written.

We were married in February and our first kiss to each other was at the altar. Marriage to us was like our dating period because we'd hardly hung out together and physical affection was extremely limited because we wanted to do things the right way with each other. The honeymoon was humorous, awkward, and altogether wonderful.

It's now 3.5 almost 4 years later. We've been through deployments, a miscarriage, we have a 2 yr old girl and around Thanksgiving we're expecting a baby boy. We've had ups and downs, but we love each other and never doubt that God put us together in a beautiful way.

Upvote 0

jminnesota

Sep 4, 2012
US
✟16,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yea when your married there are those ups and downs. hopefully more ups then downs. i feel if you really love eachother you learn to work things out when things get hard. my wife and i if we dont agree on something we sit and talk about it. we never say anything we would regret and never say anything hurtful. and we been married 2 years and love it.

Upvote 0