Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I loved my dog by taking him for a walk , feeding and watering and playing with him.
I loved my partner by cooking a meal and doing some cleaning and listening with interest to what she had to say.
I loved my brother by pressing like on his facebook post.
I loved my other brother by calling him and showing genuine concern over his health.
I loved my boss by not bothering him and just doing my job. :)

Hey I'm not saying I'm such a superstar here. Don't think you want to hear how I felt some ill will towards a person in my past workplace. Such negative thoughts weave their their way through my typical day. I'm learning to address these annoyances with short prayer.
But maybe its a good idea to monitor our thoughts and actions during one particular day to see if we are on track or completely off the rails. :)

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Beautiful thread, brother. I showed love for my brother & mom by waking up at 4am today to drop off my bro for his first official job and let my mom sleep in instead of having her drop him off.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I loved my dog by taking him for a walk , feeding and watering and playing with him.
I loved my partner by cooking a meal and doing some cleaning and listening with interest to what she had to say.
I loved my brother by pressing like on his facebook post.
I loved my other brother by calling him and showing genuine concern over his health.
I loved my boss by not bothering him and just doing my job. :)

Just got through pouring as much love as I possibly could into Little1 (a new member) in private conversation. She's struggling with many things, but has the sweetest heart in the world, and is deserving of love like no one I have met in quite some time. And she will have it.

Most of the time these days I'm just caring for people, telling them how much value they have, encouraging them in things they appear gifted in, thanking them when I find their posts interesting, and engaging with them in it whenever I might provide more insight on the subject. Then there's also being a continual blessing to my wife, my dog, my cat.... Also to SP, my best friend here.
Don't think you want to hear how I felt some ill will towards a person in my past workplace. Such negative thoughts weave their their way through my typical day. I'm learning to address these annoyances with short prayer.

I'm blessed to say that people normally don't get to me as much these days. But then I don't work in the world 8 hours a day either. If I worked my wife's job, I'd probably be more in trouble than I think.
But maybe its a good idea to monitor our thoughts and actions during one particular day to see if we are on track or completely off the rails. :)

Yes. :oldthumbsup:
Prayer and Bible reading missing, I know. tsk tsk... God should be at the front of the queue I know, I know ......the day or night is not over yet. :)

Yes and no. I'm avidly into the word. Yet I'm finding now that I am being just as satisfied spiritually in simply ministering to people. I'm writing along teaching or sharing something, and then all of a sudden I feel led to find a passage that applies. So in finding it, reading over the context and deciding how much of the surrounding context I want to include, I'm being ministered to by the word myself in the process. So strict time in the word itself has recently become less a requirement in light of continual, heartfelt, Biblically-inspired ministry.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But maybe its a good idea to monitor our thoughts and actions during one particular day to see if we are on track or completely off the rails.
Like wisdom and knowledge as a tutor watching us, guiding us, directing and correcting our thoughts, our steps and our actions. :)
Prayer and Bible reading missing, I know. tsk tsk... God should be at the front of the queue I know, I know ......the day or night is not over yet.
AMEIN! HalleluYAH!
How GREAT is GOD'S LOVE for us in JESUS!
GOD FIRST>>>>

Psalm 1[a]

1 Blessed (happy, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather.

2 But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night.

3 And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].

Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 1 - New International Version
Psalm 119Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
Psalm 119
1 Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are the undefiled (the upright, truly sincere, and blameless) in the way [of the revealed will of God], who walk (order their conduct and conversation) in the law of the Lord (the whole of God’s revealed will).

2 Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are they who keep His testimonies, and who seek, inquire for and of Him and crave Him with the whole heart.

3 Yes, they do no unrighteousness [no willful wandering from His precepts]; they walk in His ways.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
:heart: Wow Paul, yer loving ev'ry one that reads this thread, because it's blessing (and going to bless) all those reading it, and who are going to read it.

Thank you. You mades me heart smile. :hug:

This may sound weird, but a song that came on the radio this morning, set my heart into a worshipful mode, and thus enables God's grace to be present in a tangible, concrete way, where i can love others and see each one through the eyes of grace.

I will post the song here, if you don't mind. It's not the instruments or the singing that was ministering to me as much as the lyrics and the title of it, which hit me pretty powerfully:

"Grace That Won't Let Go"

How we all need grace. I know i do. That's why the lyrics gripped me.

God bless you Paul, and all who come on this thread.

"video not available in my country"
thanks anyway brinny

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It is hard to talk about "love" without sentimentalising or sounding superficial or just plain pathetic. I just hope people get the message I was trying to get across. That if I can "love" others, anyone can. That "love" can be given in the simplest of ways. That love is about attitude above all. Really wishing goodwill on others is such a blessing for us and them. That we rise to the challenge of loving other daily.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It is hard to talk about "love" without sentimentalising or sounding superficial or just plain pathetic. I just hope people get the message I was trying to get across. That if I can "love" others, anyone can. That "love" can be given in the simplest of ways. That love is about attitude above all. Really wishing goodwill on others is such a blessing for us and them. That we rise to the challenge of loving other daily.

I agree that it is about "attitude". It's also about not returning ridicule for kindness or genuine well wishes. I do hope that i didn't prompt this post Paul.

If so, what i posted was not meant to be any of those things that you ridiculed and expressed such contempt for.

Peace.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I showed love to a relative by looking up a person they were seeing (intimate relationship) and found out they are using a very known person's photo to scam women out there into giving them money once they gain their trust. I only did this because the pictures this relative showed me made me think that something was fishy and that it seemed 'too good to be true'. Little did either of us know how true that ended up being. Glad they only recently chatted and nothing was given out. Can be a really scary place out there in the net. Be weary of people you meet online who confess their undying love for you in a relatively fast-paced manner and just..other red-flag-something-doesn't-feel-right-here signs.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Many times I love others by keeping my mouth closed. Yes this is true. God has taught me to zip my lips.

It is not loving to say something that is in no way edifying or constructive to the other person. I have to watch my motivations and show agape love by not doing what my own pride wants.

Upvote 0