How did such a primitive people, get the "order" of creation, or how life came about...

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You've never posted any scripture. All you have done is said the bible is wrong.
Like I said, I see no value trading Scriptures with someone who after making multiple allusions to explanations and Scriptures never presented and then finally offers to which do nothing but enforce a post Fall view of women that men of NT era were happy to promote. So before we talk about "all" I have done, perhaps we should first address the frivolous position of my accuser.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your beliefs are biblically incorrect.
In the past I've told you you have the right to believe in whatever you want to believe.

I've shown you numerous times where the bible presents Genesis as literal and historical.
Somone willing to not give others the same right they take in denying parts of the Creation story are literal is hardly in a position to then declare they have shown anything.
Numerous times?????? Are we talking about the single time out of 15-16 posts after alluding to those same "numerous" before? Or is the some other imagined conversation?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Somone willing to not give others the same right they take in denying parts of the Creation story are NOT literal is hardly in a position to then declare they have shown anything.
Numerous times?????? Are we talking about the single time out of 15-16 posts after alluding to those same "numerous" before? Or is the some other imagined conversation?

And you still refuse to answer the question.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Will you ever address the issue as to why Genesis is presented as literal in the bible?
I already addressed the two verses someone apparently thinks they "addressed numerous" times when it was only offered once after claiming numerous times that it was "explained" already. If one wants to think that subjugating women supports what one takes pride in not taking literal in Genesis, then by my guest. Am not sure how that helps the case of claiming people not taking something literally are denying the Bible when one's view does the same thing.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I already addressed the two verses someone apparently thinks they "addressed numerous" times when it was only offered once after claiming numerous times that it was "explained" already. If one wants to think that subjugating women supports what one takes pride in not taking literal in Genesis, then by my guest. Am not sure how that helps the case of claiming people not taking something literally are denying the Bible when one's view does the same thing.

Please tell us why Paul would write to Timothy....expressing how women should act....based on a NON-event?

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And you still refuse to answer the question.
What question?
Why someone thinks offering two verses supporting a post Fall view that by Jewish times had turned women into little more than property would attempt to use that to support their view of what is not literal in the Creation stories. I cannot answer that.
Or why someone thinks making claims to have discussed or offered something numerous times when they have not yet done so in this thread should be taken seriously? I cannot answer that.

Or that I should take someone seriously who has been claiming others are denying what the Bible says because they take something not literal when the person making that claim does the same thing? I cannot answer that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please tell us why Paul would write to Timothy....expressing how women should act....based on a NON-event?
Changing the subject does not help the case.
We were talking about something pre-Fall and things we both take non-literally. Which not everyone here is eager to admit since they apparently believe not taking things literally means people are "denying what the Bible says". That was understandable as is the need to attempt to change the subject now.

But unlike others here, I will actually answer questions. I would imagine Saint Paul is expressing a Post Fall view of men/women by appealing to what actually happened in the Creation stories, specifically the curse which would place the sexes at odds with each other and why a leader of the Church would need to express the consistent view of the Church then (and now BTW) of the proper roles of the sexes in the Church.

When do we get to address the irony of suggesting people not taking things literally in the Bible are "denying what the Bible says" when the person making such irrational accusations actually denies things in the same stories are literal?

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see how theistic evolution is consistent with Genesis 1 at all. The order of creation is wrong. Man from dust is wrong. Man starting as vegetarian is not consistent. Man and animals eating only plants is not consistent.... no death in the world till Adam sinned doesn't match theistic evolution.... it doesn't match

What is a theistic evolution explanation of woman from Adam's side?
Adam would feel that one... and know Even was made from him and for him experientially
I would imagine it similar to those holding to a Creationist view that do not agree this detail has to be believed as literal in order to believe God made the first two humans. I understand that some, maybe many, Creationist want to believe that taking this detail more literally blocks the idea that any evolutionary explanation is possible. In fact I know this is the motivation behind wanting to take that rib thing literally because many have gone so far as to suggests men/women have different numbers of ribs for this reason (which has never been true).
Personally I think evolution has enough problems getting to our bodies being as they are without needing to claim something literal in the Creation story that doesn't really need to be taken literally. Am a Creationist BTW, and I do not take that spare rib part of the story literally.

Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I do not take that spare rib part of the story literally.

I agree - the rib part (and other parts) don't need to be taken literally. Another example is Ex 19, where God himself says that he flew the Jews out of Egypt with giant eagles. Since we all (I hope) don't take that literally, we all agree that some parts of the scripture aren't intended literally (and that's not even getting into the Song of Solomon).

Papias

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree - the rib part (and other parts) don't need to be taken literally. Another example is Ex 19, where God himself says that he flew the Jews out of Egypt with giant eagles. Since we all (I hope) don't take that literally, we all agree that some parts of the scripture aren't intended literally (and that's not even getting into the Song of Solomon).

Papias
Or to literally view God as big yellow chicken, like Big Bird (Luke 13:34, Matt 23:37)

• Agree
Reactions: Papias
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

3Roku

Apr 26, 2017
Vancouver
✟15,419.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Papias
But who decides which parts are to be taken literally?

Upvote 0

3Roku

Apr 26, 2017
Vancouver
✟15,419.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Well you have to have faith and take it literally and metaphorically.
I don't like audacity of people who think they know when or when not to take the good book's word literally. Before we know it we'll have a christian ISIS.

Upvote 0

IRONH1DE

Apr 26, 2017
Iacon
✟15,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't like audacity of people who think they know when or when not to take the good book's word literally. Before we know it we'll have a christian ISIS.

That's not something I want to think about, how will we profile them at airports?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Genesis gets it completely wrong.
Of course it does, from a worldly understanding. However, from a spiritual understanding; Genesis one rings true, as a guide for holy scripture throughout the remainder of the KJV Bible.

Upvote 0