How dangerous is today’s Republican Party?

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You deny the role of human activity in climate change?

It's not a narrative I promote. It's hard to deny something that clearly doesn't exist, especially when it's been proven to not exist.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
He'll only lose his grip if he decided to abandon his ideas for making America great again. For example, if he decided to go along with the agenda of getting rid of all proven methods of energy production in favor of unreliable "green" energy, then he's lose his grip.

Ah, like the horse buggy manufacturer who spent a lot of money and effort telling people how wrong automobiles are.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Ah, like the horse buggy manufacturer who spent a lot of money and effort telling people how wrong automobiles are.
It was fine when it used a steam engine, but once it started using fossil fuels, it was like an image of the beast fuelled by the dragon.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2019
North Augusta
✟53,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Retired Gen. Michael Hayden, the former director of both the CIA and NSA, has called out the Republican Party as extremist and dangerous, on an unprecedented level.

Hayden was responding Wednesday to an Aug. 11 tweet from journalist and author Edward Luce, who said: “I’ve covered extremism and violent ideologies around the world over my career. Have never come across a political force more nihilistic, dangerous & contemptible than today’s Republicans. Nothing close.”

“I agree. And I was the CIA Director,” Hayden tweeted.

Hayden, a retired Air Force general who was named director of the National Security Agency under the Clinton administration and CIA director by former President George W. Bush, was among five former top military officials who penned a USA Today op-ed last month warning that American democracy “is in real peril” following the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol insurrection and the way the Republican party has embraced conspiracy theorists, 2020 election deniers and extremist elements.

“For those of us focused on domestic security, the forces of autocracy now trump traditional foreign threats, hands down,” they wrote, citing an alarming study earlier this year that found one in three Americans believe violence against the government could be justified.

Law enforcement officials have warned in recent days that angry words from Trump and his allies are putting agents, officers and federal employees at risk of violence. Violent rhetoric may have contributed to at least two deadly encounters with law enforcement over the past week.

How dangerous is today's Republican Party? Very, ex-CIA Director Michael Hayden believes
GOP is very dangerous (just as dangerous as the DNC).

More importantly, the GOP is perhaps more dangerous to the Church than the DNC simply for the fact the GOP platform is largely consistent with Christian morality (where the DNC is evil on the surface the GOP strives to be a wolf in sheep's clothing).

Christians too often forget that we are speaking about worldly powers that are by nature self-serving, power hungry, and opposed to God.

As the old joke goes - What do you get when you mix politics and Christianity? Politics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's not a narrative I promote. It's hard to deny something that clearly doesn't exist, especially when it's been proven to not exist.

Well, that's a testable assumption. Let's ask the flowers...
upload_2022-9-10_16-48-32.png

Oh, wait... New York city. Probably a bunch of liberal flowers. Let's look further...
Ah... U.S. map of changes in hardiness zones...
Hardiness Zone Changes - This animation illustrates the general warming that has occurred from 1990 to 2006.

Let's look further...
Figure7.png

Met Office Hadley Centre observations datasets
NASAtemptrends.png

https://blog.aspb.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/NASAtemptrends.png

Three independent data sets. All closely agree. Maybe it's time to get with the real.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2019
North Augusta
✟53,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You mean you do not believe the data (that the climate is changing) or you do not believe that man is the primary cause of climate change?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yep, we've gone from living in the stone age to being able to communicate globally. We're able to study the planet in ways never dreamed of. We've built a civilization that can support 8 billion people. All with "evil" oil. What a disaster!

You've been misled. We've used petroleum for energy in a major way for about 150 years. A tiny fraction of civilization on Earth.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's interesting that it has to be dug up against trump. Where the Democrats damage is out there for everyone to see.
That came out wrong. They dig up trash on trump when there's plenty of truths they could use. The Dems atrocities are buried and should be dug up and pursued. Trump didn't have a chance from the begiñning. They crucified him even before he got the office. I feel sorry for him! Perhaps that's why he has such a big following. I can't remember anyone treated so badly. That's when the news quit being unbiased and started giving their personal opinion as if they had a right and as if we wanted it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums