How come these two scriptures seem so different?

truthisfreedom2019

Feb 28, 2019
Chetwynd
✟159,993.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How come these scriptures seem so different?
Matthew 28:19-20. " Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Revelation 22:10-11. And he * said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. "Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and let the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and let the one who is holy, still keep himself holy."

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 28:19-20. " Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Revelation 22:10-11. And he * said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. "Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and let the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and let the one who is holy, still keep himself holy."

If I understand your question, the one says teach people to be righteous while the other says let those who will not be righteous continue in their unrighteousness.

It illustrates the choice that people have to either accept or reject the gospel. Those who will, will, while those who won't, won't. Let them make their choice.

Upvote 0

truthisfreedom2019

Feb 28, 2019
Chetwynd
✟159,993.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If I understand your question, the one says teach people to be righteous while the other says let those who will not be righteous continue in their unrighteousness.
Yes, that is what I was wondering because the verse in Revelation almost sounded that one was not to bother sharing the word and I know that does not make sense.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, that is what I was wondering because the verse in Revelation almost sounded that one was not to bother sharing the word and I know that does not make sense.

You're right that it sounds that way. Jesus also said "do not cast your pearls before swine" and "do not give what is holy to the dogs". Not everyone will accept it.

Upvote 0

truthisfreedom2019

Feb 28, 2019
Chetwynd
✟159,993.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're right that it sounds that way. Jesus also said "do not cast your pearls before swine" and "do not give what is holy to the dogs". Not everyone will accept it.
Yes, there are some extremely negative people that becomes instantly angry as soon as God is mentioned.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Great Commission is focused on evangelism, the end of Revelations is prophecy, focused on the message reaching it's final end.

Upvote 0