US
✟1,055,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
...in absence of a working Levitical Priesthood?

As a Torah observant Christian, I do my best to keep YHWH's eternal Moedim. I'm often told by Sabbath keeping Christians (although some of them misguided, keeping the Sabbath on the 1st day), that I can't keep the Moedim, in absence of the Temple, and a working Levitical Priesthood.

Well, I do my best to keep the parts that YHWH tells me to keep; despite the fact that the Levites aren't operating in a Temple.

I do my best to keep the Sabbath as the first order of business in Leviticus 23, despite the fact that the Levitical Priesthood aren't performing the following in a Temple:

(CLV) Num 28:9
On the sabbath day you shall bring near two flawless year-old he-lambs, and two tenths of an ephah of flour, an approach present mingled with oil, with its libation.

(CLV) Num 28:10
This is the sabbath ascent offering on its sabbath along with the regular ascent offering with its libation.

(CLV) Lv 24:4
On the pure lampstand shall he arrange the lamps before Yahweh regularly.

(CLV) Lv 24:5
You will take flour and bake of it twelve perforated cakes. Two tenths of an ephah shall there be for one perforated cake.

(CLV) Lv 24:6
And you will place them in two arrays, six to the array, on the pure table before Yahweh.

(CLV) Lv 24:7
You will put along each array clear frankincense, and it will be used instead of the bread as a memorial portion, a fire offering to Yahweh.

(CLV) Lv 24:8
Sabbath day by sabbath day shall he arrange it before Yahweh regularly on behalf of the sons of Israel, an eonian covenant.

This means forever.

So now for the question I started with: As Sabbath keeping Christians, how can we keep the Sabbath in absence of a working Levitical Priesthood?

Last edited:

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are to do not work so we prepare food that requires little or no work, like salads, and soups that can cook all night. I make my tea in a tea pot ahead of time and instant coffee where only water needs to be heated and added and the water already on the stove waiting.

I read, books that hold a good lesson or that give me a view of HaShem that helps me grow. My husband finds videos with similar messages and sometimes as a family we play a family game.

There are also special prayers in the Amadah for Shavous. When the weather is cooperative we also take walks. So how to you rest for Shavous?

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Studyman

Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟315,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...in absence of a working Levitical Priesthood?

As a Torah observant Christian, I do my best to keep YHWH's eternal Moedim. I'm often told by Sabbath keeping Christians (although some of them misguided, keeping the Sabbath on the 1st day), that I can't keep the Moedim, in absence of the Temple, and a working Levitical Priesthood.

Well, I do my best to keep the parts that YHWH tells me to keep; despite the fact that the Levites aren't operating in a Temple.

I do my best to keep the Sabbath as the first order of business in Leviticus 23, despite the fact that the Levitical Priesthood aren't performing the following in a Temple:

(CLV) Num 28:9
On the sabbath day you shall bring near two flawless year-old he-lambs, and two tenths of an ephah of flour, an approach present mingled with oil, with its libation.

(CLV) Num 28:10
This is the sabbath ascent offering on its sabbath along with the regular ascent offering with its libation.

(CLV) Lv 24:4
On the pure lampstand shall he arrange the lamps before Yahweh regularly.

(CLV) Lv 24:5
You will take flour and bake of it twelve perforated cakes. Two tenths of an ephah shall there be for one perforated cake.

(CLV) Lv 24:6
And you will place them in two arrays, six to the array, on the pure table before Yahweh.

(CLV) Lv 24:7
You will put along each array clear frankincense, and it will be used instead of the bread as a memorial portion, a fire offering to Yahweh.

(CLV) Lv 24:8
Sabbath day by sabbath day shall he arrange it before Yahweh regularly on behalf of the sons of Israel, an eonian covenant.

This means forever.

So now for the question I started with: As Sabbath keeping Christians, how can we keep the Sabbath in absence of a working Levitical Priesthood?

Well it is for certain that John the Baptist was a Sabbath Keeper, a true Levite Priest, and yet he didn't participate in the Temple traditions. And showed amazing contempt for the Mainstream Preachers of his time. Not an answer, rather, an observation which might help understand God's Sabbath as it pertains to the Levitical Priesthood.

For me, a 30 year Sabbath Keeper, (At least in my mind) I understand that the Weekly Sabbath is a Fast from this Evil world. A day to separate ourselves from the toil of the ground to concentrate on what it is God requires of us. To "remember" that HE is bringing us into a Land of Righteousness.. The God of the Bible defines this for me in Is. 58.

Is. 58: 4 (CLV)Behold! For contention and strife are you fasting, and to smite with the fist of wickedness. Not to Me are you fasting, as of today, to announce in the height with your voice." 5 As this is becoming a fast, am I choosing it? A day for a human to humble his soul, to bend, as a rush, his head, and in sackcloth and ashes be berthing? Is this what you are calling a fast and a day acceptable to Yahweh? 6 Is not this the fast that I am choosing,saying is Yahweh:"To unloose all the hindrances of wickedness, and to let loose the bunches of the slider bar, and to send the bruised away free, and every slider bar shall you pull away? 7 Is it not to share your bread with the famishing, and the humble, brought down, shall you bring home? In case you are seeing the naked, then you cover him with a cloak? And from your own flesh you are not obscuring yourself?

Isa 58:4 (TS2009) “Look, you fast for strife and contention, and to strike with the fist of wrongness. You do not fast as you do this day, to make your voice heard on high.
Isa 58:5 “Is it a fast that I have chosen, a day for a man to afflict his being? Is it to bow down his head like a bulrush, and to spread out sackcloth and ashes? Do you call this a fast, and an acceptable day to יהוה?
Isa 58:6 “Is this not the fast that I have chosen: to loosen the tight cords of wrongness, to undo the bands of the yoke, to exempt the oppressed, and to break off every yoke?
Isa 58:7 “Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; when you see the naked, and cover him,
and not hide yourself from your own flesh? (I love this part)

I think before men can know how to keep His Sabbath, they should first understand the purpose of the Day. Why was God's Sabbath "Made for men"?

Upvote 0