How can we be happy when people we know will go to hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neilius73

For us to even have an afterlife we need to repent of our sin and and put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ. The Bible is clear on this. Your statement suggests that it is by works that we earn an afterlife, which is a teaching that totally contradicts scripture.
I've read a lot of accounts of near death experiences, and it seems that the heaven and hell scenario is real. However, those that are lost or in 'hell' are there by misunderstandings or shame of going into the 'light', the fear originating from religious and very very wrong teachings about judgements et al.
What awaits us on the other side, i admit, we only get a glimpse of from such accounts as NDE's, but the same goes with the scriptures. Hell is a place without God, as im sure you agree; but isnt this life or this Earth a place without God?

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've read a lot of accounts of near death experiences, and it seems that the heaven and hell scenario is real. However, those that are lost or in 'hell' are there by misunderstandings or shame of going into the 'light', the fear originating from religious and very very wrong teachings about judgements et al.
What awaits us on the other side, i admit, we only get a glimpse of from such accounts as NDE's, but the same goes with the scriptures. Hell is a place without God, as im sure you agree; but isnt this life or this Earth a place without God?
I know a man right now who had a NDE, he said God told him the Bible was a lie. He's also into the occult.

So do I believe the Unsaved people's accounts of what happens after death? NO I do not.
I do not because of 1 thing, those NOT of God are susceptible to SATAN'S LIES and can be decieved by Satan in this vulnerable time of unconsciousness; being open to the spirit realm directly.
I do believe that God can intercept in this time, but He doesn't always do that.

I fully believe people do have contacts with the spiritul world & that there is an eternal life after death; but I Don't trust what they're shown/told/given when they're not born again thru Jesus Christ.

ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T LINE UP WITH GOD'S WORD, I THROW OUT AND REJECT. Always.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"I've read a lot of accounts of near death experiences,"

Why?

"and it seems that the heaven and hell scenario is real."

Very real.

"However, those that are lost or in 'hell' are there by misunderstandings or shame of going into the 'light',"

Perhaps because the fear the judgment of God?

"the fear originating from religious and very very wrong teachings about judgements et al."

What is a wrong teaching about judgment?

"What awaits us on the other side, i admit, we only get a glimpse of from such accounts as NDE's, but the same goes with the scriptures."

What awaits me in Heaven will be all the more fascinating because it is somewhat hidden from us in the scriptures. But to even get there first, we have to repent of our sin and put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ. There is no other way. The scriptures are clear on that.

"Hell is a place without God, as im sure you agree;"

Hell is a place that exists because of God. A place where people will be separated from God. It's my understanding that the people in Heaven will be able to see the people in Hell and vice versa. See the story about the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16:20-25.

"but isnt this life or this Earth a place without God?"

No because the earth itself is proof of God's existence. The Bible says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Upvote 0
N

neilius73

"I've read a lot of accounts of near death experiences,"

Why?

"and it seems that the heaven and hell scenario is real."

Very real.

"However, those that are lost or in 'hell' are there by misunderstandings or shame of going into the 'light',"

Perhaps because the fear the judgment of God?

"the fear originating from religious and very very wrong teachings about judgements et al."

What is a wrong teaching about judgment?

"What awaits us on the other side, i admit, we only get a glimpse of from such accounts as NDE's, but the same goes with the scriptures."

What awaits me in Heaven will be all the more fascinating because it is somewhat hidden from us in the scriptures. But to even get there first, we have to repent of our sin and put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ. There is no other way. The scriptures are clear on that.

"Hell is a place without God, as im sure you agree;"

Hell is a place that exists because of God. A place where people will be separated from God. It's my understanding that the people in Heaven will be able to see the people in Hell and vice versa. See the story about the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16:20-25.

"but isnt this life or this Earth a place without God?"

No because the earth itself is proof of God's existence. The Bible says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
People in Heaven can see people in hell?
For masochistic purposes or Sadistic?

It doesnt make sense at all.
I have read accounts that say the same about the bible(that it is a lie), but ive also read that (in nde accounts) that ALL religions contain some truths to them. Just Google Howard Storm, and read his account; An atheist in the extreme, that became Christian after his nde.
NDE's are not from the imaginary being called Satan.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I have read accounts that say the same about the bible(that it is a lie), but ive also read that (in nde accounts) that ALL religions contain some truths to them. Just Google Howard Storm, and read his account; An atheist in the extreme, that became Christian after his nde.
Yep. Well, Satan tempted Jesus with scripture - he used some truth, but twisted another part of it to make it ultimately False. Some truth doesn't make anything completely True.

As far as seeing those people in hell, I think that's taken from Luke 16:19- the Rich man & Lazarus after death.

I believe that since Jesus' crucifixion, the believers of God no longer go to that same place they were kept after death.
I believe that now, they go to be WITH the Lord (absent from body, present with the Lord) - not that temporary holding place before the crucifixion.

But either way, I don't accept non Christian's 'ad' experiences as 'truth' because Satan is a liar & deciever and can very easily be lying to them in this unconscious state to make them THINK life is wonderul & beautiful after death -- when it indeed is NOT according to GOD.

I believe they DO see & hear these things, but that they're being lied to. When they recover, they'll be thinking their future life will be blissful & wonderful & there's nothing to fear after death when they haven't accepted Jesus Christ as their Saviour. :doh:

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

"People in Heaven can see people in hell?"

Yes as related in those passages I refered you to.

"For masochistic purposes or Sadistic?"

You'll have to ask God that.

"It doesnt make sense at all."

Why not? Because you've always believed that Heaven is up and Hell is down? Did you read that in the Bible or hear that in a church? I believe the Bible more than I believe a person on the street or a pastor in the church.

"I have read accounts that say the same about the bible(that it is a lie), but ive also read that (in nde accounts) that ALL religions contain some truths to them."

The only truth is God and His plan as laid out in the Bible.

"Just Google Howard Storm, and read his account; An atheist in the extreme, that became Christian after his nde."

I know of a couple former atheists that became Christians, not necessarily after an NDE, but after trying to disprove the Bible. C.S. Lewis and Josh McDowell are two such examples.

"NDE's are not from the imaginary being called Satan."

No one has said they are and since it's been awhile since I've been fishing, thanks for the red herring. But now that you bring it up, why do you think Satan is an imaginary being?

Reactions: Nadiine
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
For those who have just changed Icons, I realize it takes some time to get use to that and alter posting to fit CF rules but please begin to do that now...(PM me with any questions about that)
And also for those who have a Denominational Icon and didnt know this, we have restrictions for you, not to be mean but to create a place for ND's that is alittle more personal, like a fellowship hall or homegroup at any ND church. All the congregational forums are exactly the same in this area of CF. Here is where you can read about how to post in ND and any of the areas in this part of CF if you dont hold that congregation's Icon or attend one of their Churches

http://www.christianforums.com/t2936040-please-read-before-posting-.html

I would add, if you like the discussion enough to start a thread in GT and post a link to that thread here, we will join you over there where all of us can post freely

PM Me or Olive or SVT, if you have any questions about Icons and posting privileges, thanks people.....

Upvote 0

tonysma

Sep 9, 2006
Kansas
✟7,954.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I do not dwell on this subject...I am confident that my family will be in heaven with me...that all of Gods people will make it back to him...My daily prayers include family and friends....After I thought about what you had said, I thought, true we wont know about their torment...but they will be aware of us..as usual my post is a ramble....lol

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.