Texas
✟15,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 18. I have always believed in God though I can honestly admit my faith can be much improved. I dealt with anxiety and depression for years and have come to an okay position where I can deal with it. In the past, I saw no point in living, didn't even want to. Use to always wonder if I was better off, but I have a come a long way from then. I'm grateful to be alive. I enjoy things and I try to find happiness.

But a lot has been happening now and days, everyone is being serious when it comes to faith and having your bible by your side because we are coming to the 'End'. I understand how true that can be with all that's going on but I can't help but feel scared and sad. I looked forward to having a future, accomplishing things, falling in love, getting married and having kids. I want to experience all that so much.

And I know when we reunite with Jesus it'll be an indescribable feeling of joy and peace. But I can't help but feel sad and scared. What if there is no feeling? Will I be conscious?

I just don't want to be left behind. But I always get this feeling whenever I hear someone say 'Time is running up. He'll be here very soon.' And I get scared. I know I want to be close to God, I want to be loyal but I can't help but feel this...phoniness behind it. As if I'm faking it when I want it to be true.

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm 18. I have always believed in God though I can honestly admit my faith can be much improved. I dealt with anxiety and depression for years and have come to an okay position where I can deal with it. In the past, I saw no point in living, didn't even want to. Use to always wonder if I was better off, but I have a come a long way from then. I'm grateful to be alive. I enjoy things and I try to find happiness.

But a lot has been happening now and days, everyone is being serious when it comes to faith and having your bible by your side because we are coming to the 'End'. I understand how true that can be with all that's going on but I can't help but feel scared and sad. I looked forward to having a future, accomplishing things, falling in love, getting married and having kids. I want to experience all that so much.

And I know when we reunite with Jesus it'll be an indescribable feeling of joy and peace. But I can't help but feel sad and scared. What if there is no feeling? Will I be conscious?

I just don't want to be left behind. But I always get this feeling whenever I hear someone say 'Time is running up. He'll be here very soon.' And I get scared. I know I want to be close to God, I want to be loyal but I can't help but feel this...phoniness behind it. As if I'm faking it when I want it to be true.

You seem to be sufficiently humbled to receive God's Grace in Him strengthening you through these Last Days--which might go on for many years. No prophet has been sent by God to tell us exactly when.

The best you can do in immerse yourself into the Word and pray. And if you have the Holy Spirit, it will calm you as you Study. I came to that realization how important is the Word 25 years ago after the death of my son, which I found him shorty after he died.
And of course pray when fears get you down and He will Lead you to "green pastures". Psalm 23 is a wonderful Psalm that I found to be so comforting.
Praying for you.

Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When I was a teen, a lot of us thought the end of the world was at hand. That was nearly half a century ago, so I encourage you to take heart, Green_Ali. Maybe the end result isn't this life but it's about using this period of time to prepare for what is ahead. Remember how boring and long school was, years and years of sitting at a desk, bored beyond measure, wondering what it was all about anyways? Well, at 18, you don't have to do that for much longer. What I noticed, for what it might be worth to you, is that all those years of preparation were so I could be a functional adult, but I seriously did not connect the classroom with the life ahead. (I admit we could do a better job than 12 years of mandatory boredom, but that's not my point here.) Had I really connected the classroom with real life, I'd probably be a wealthy retired orthodontist or something, spending my retirement with self-funded mission trips to help others function more effectively.

From what I read in the Bible, God has no intention of just saving a bunch of sinners. He wants to enjoy us, to relate with us, to have us relate with Him, to make of us our best individual selves. If I can explain how I see it, it's not like He sits up there viewing us as a video game where He can cause one person to win while wiping out another. It's more like the most caring love you can ever imagine wanting the very best of your life, wanting you to succeed in being the most effective and solid person of the highest integrity, actually holy (separated for God) in the way that He is holy (separated from all the common). And when I read both the old and new testaments, I get more than a few hints that this isn't about just not dying, it's about really living.

So I can tell you that my brain really began to open up and things began to make sense when I finally decided to step into a course. People had told me that the most important thing was to get moving, and that God could more easily direct me as a moving entity than He could if I just sat there trying to decide what was the ultimate perfect path. Quite honestly, I think they were on to something there, but for the most part I didn't actually start moving until many years later. Once I started a deliberate path, I went to college for a useful degree in a field I figured I could enjoy and offer a useful service to people and make enough money to have something to share and a skill I could use in retirement as a mission. Other people have other goals, but this one fit me and got me moving. And I did find that things seemed to make more sense once I got moving toward a goal. I found that over time my goal shifted from here and now to seeing more how God wants that relationship with us for ever, and this life, this half a century, has been preparation time for THAT eternity ahead. What a wake up call that has been!

A lot of it was getting grounded in the Bible and in my own responsibility to have action in the world - to DO not just to BE - to actively add good to the situation around me. I encourage you to make a habit of reading the Bible daily. Make and keep a plan to read it through at least every year. After putting your trust fully in the Lord Jesus Christ and the access to the fullness of God that Jesus secured for us, being washed in baptism, and following the kind of life that He is calling you into (hint: it will look a lot more practical than you might think, with things like treating people fairly, considering others as well as yourself, speaking the truth and not deceiving self or others) then just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll find that sense of solidness, no matter how much time is left.

We don't know how much time is left. Many people look at world conditions and think the end is near. The end can always be near, like our next breath, but it might not be quite yet. The Eternal and loving God will have to make an end of this current world system at the point of time when His own people aren't even safe on earth and the wicked people have had their last chance to change their directions. My ongoing prayer is that our nations will repent of their wickedness and that I will see and root out the wickedness in me. God created a beautiful world for us to live and thrive here, but as long as people have the God-given right to make decisions, many will make hateful and hurtful ones. According to the story, God has rescued His people from wickedness before and will do so again. Just make sure you define your life so that there's no question where your allegiance exists!

God allowed you to be here in this moment. From the 18 year old I used to be, my best suggestion to you is to start now and see what happens! I'm hoping the very best for you!

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Admin hat on
291408_e6cf608610e995bd8499eea7250caff4.jpeg

threads closed for staff review.
Hat off.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

After Staff Review
Thread is Now
Permanently Closed

RV: Statement of Purpose - Christian Teens Statement of Purpose

This forum is for our Christian teen members 16-19 years of age only. All of our teen forums are a place for teens to come and be encouraged, grow stronger in their walk with God, and fellowship with other followers of Jesus.

(Chaplains and Staff are the only adults over the age of 19 who are allowed to post in the Teen Area forums when necessary).

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.