How can I encourage my husband to find the Lord?

ArcticFox24

Nov 30, 2007
✟15,139.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello,
My name is Megan and I am at the end of my rapidly fraying rope. I have been with my husband for 10 years this January, we have 4 beautiful children and a wonderful relationship with each other. However his lack of faith is making me crazy.
I dont know what I am suppose to do to help bring him to the Lord. Despite years of influence he has still not found his way, and it kills me. I am asking for everyones prayers to help this man find his Father, our Lord.
Thank you.
Megan

Reactions: parsa

Ariella

Daughter of the King
Feb 27, 2005
Within God's Kingdom
✟214,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi megan, firstly welcome to the forums :wave: i hope you are blessed here and come back often :) as for your husband ............. praying that God will continue working in his life and in yours and give you guidance into how to best share the truth with your husband ...... and that God will draw your husband near to him and strengthen you in your weariness. God bless you

Upvote 0

PastorMikeJ

combat veteran
Nov 10, 2005
Shaftsbury, Vermont
✟3,808.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
first of all give him totally to God...let go and let God work on him...we can never bring anyone to Jesus...surrender him to the Lord..when we take our hands off God can work...as long as we keep our hands on we are telling God that he needs our help so He sits back and lets us and nothing gets done..

Welcome to the Christian Forum!!!

Upvote 0

Tiffanya

Senior Veteran
Apr 15, 2007
✟18,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Megan :wave:

Praying for you, husband & family!

angelsmilewelcomeandGodblessyou.jpg

Upvote 0

wiggsfly

Walking the tightrope of life
Nov 20, 2005
✟4,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Megan! Welcome to CF!

While I will keep you and your family in my prayers please, I must state that you need to be patient with your husband. Faith is something we cannot force on others and those of us who find faith will eventually do so of our own free will.

When you refer to his lack of faith are you saying he is atheist or agnostic, or are saying he doesn't express his faith in a manner in which you feel most comfortable?

Upvote 0

ArcticFox24

Nov 30, 2007
✟15,139.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Megan! Welcome to CF!

While I will keep you and your family in my prayers please, I must state that you need to be patient with your husband. Faith is something we cannot force on others and those of us who find faith will eventually do so of our own free will.

When you refer to his lack of faith are you saying he is atheist or agnostic, or are saying he doesn't express his faith in a manner in which you feel most comfortable?
Well, the skinny on what I mean is that he often makes statements that God is a "myth", or rather that " If God were out there why doesnt he answer prayers".
He often times sparks heated debates about God, makes fun of faith and so on. But yet sometimes he opens up and sounds like he has faith but something stops him from giving himself to the Lord. As his wife I worry about his soul, Last night I asked him what his beliefs were and he said "I THINK there is a God" and he acts as though his sins will have no effect on him, in this life or in the afterlife.
I know there is a lot of reasons for his lack of faith,all stemming from a horrible childhood.
His parents taught him to act this way, they are NOT God fearing people in any way.
I KNOW he wants to believe!! I KNOW he does, but I think he is afraid of giving himself to the Lord, just as well as I know he is afraid of ridicule from his peers and family.

Thank you so much for reading all this!!! It means so much to me to be able to talk to people about this!!
Megan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristianMama84

Hey, y'all!
Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2007
Northwest Alabama
✟53,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:wave: Welcome to CF!! :wave:

I'm a CF Angel :angel: and I'm here to help you!!

If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions feel free to PM me or any other CF Angel. :thumbsup:

If you would like to know who Jesus is, please PM me or ask in one of our wonderful forums.

God bless you and again...

:wave: Welcome to CF!! :wave:

Upvote 0

wiggsfly

Walking the tightrope of life
Nov 20, 2005
✟4,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, the skinny on what I mean is that he often makes statements that God is a "myth", or rather that " If God were out there why doesnt he answer prayers".
He often times sparks heated debates about God, makes fun of faith and so on. But yet sometimes he opens up and sounds like he has faith but something stops him from giving himself to the Lord. As his wife I worry about his soul, Last night I asked him what his beliefs were and he said "I THINK there is a God" and he acts as though his sins will have no effect on him, in this life or in the afterlife.
I know there is a lot of reasons for his lack of faith,all stemming from a horrible childhood.
His parents taught him to act this way, they are NOT God fearing people in any way.
I KNOW he wants to believe!! I KNOW he does, but I think he is afraid of giving himself to the Lord, just as well as I know he is afraid of ridicule from his peers and family.

Thank you so much for reading all this!!! It means so much to me to be able to talk to people about this!!
Megan
Sounds rough, but not impossible. Perhaps he could participate in the forums here himself? Maybe hearing from so many others would be beneficial.

Upvote 0

DrawnToChrist

Feb 6, 2006
✟15,206.00
Faith
Christian
Hello,
My name is Megan and I am at the end of my rapidly fraying rope. I have been with my husband for 10 years this January, we have 4 beautiful children and a wonderful relationship with each other. However his lack of faith is making me crazy.
I dont know what I am suppose to do to help bring him to the Lord. Despite years of influence he has still not found his way, and it kills me. I am asking for everyones prayers to help this man find his Father, our Lord.
Thank you.
Megan
Welcome. Just keep praying for him and show hom the love of Christ. I'll add my prayers and ask the whole communion of Saints to pray for him as well. God bless you.

Upvote 0

RescuedByHim2

Dec 1, 2007
✟15,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,
Thank you.
Megan

God bless you Megan. Just keep praying, remember it took St. Monica 40 years to bring him around but St. Augustine turned out to be one of the greatest writers in the early church. Also remember that God's time is perfect.
God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hello,
Thank you.
Megan
Meagan,

My Great Aunt married a man who did not love the lord, and who at times actually mocked her because of her faith.

For over 50 years this dear woman continued to love him, continued to read her bible, continued to teach their children about the Lord. She prayed quietly. She did not preach.

When he was an old man, my Uncle Roland came to know Christ. When the pastor of the church of their small town asked him how the Lord finally got through to him, Uncle Roland replied, "It took me a long time to appreciate how very much Sadie loved me. She had to love me to put up with me. Then I started thinking about Sadie, and realized the only thing she loved more than me and the kids was Jesus. So I wanted to find out why. I understand now."

Keep praying. Keep reading your bible. Keep praising God, and keep loving your spouse. God will do the rest.

Upvote 0