How 'bout them Duggars?

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,237.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only actual media accusation of lying I have seen came from the police officer who gave the stern warning. He stated they told him that the incidences had only been one time, and something like breasts only over clothes. He stated he would have acted differently had he known this had been going on over a year and with multiple incidences. However, he has impugned his own character, so I have no idea if he is telling the truth or lying to save himself from potential legal ramifications of not reporting.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tall and Mkgal1,

I don't like to see people's motives maligned, or people make judgments about others based on reading their minds, especially not on a forum that is supposed to be Christian. I know the Duggars are in a counter-cultural movement. But I believe they are sincere and they do want to serve God and to be a good witness. One poster even testified to coming to faith through their witness. One of their sons did some nasty stuff when he was a teenager. And posters on this forum have accused them of making decisions based on money (money from a TV show that hadn't been created yet, I suppose), and various other charges.

Josh did wrong. I don't think his parents deserve to be dragged through the mud over it, especially to have their motives maligned with no evidence. I've heard a video of their testimony, and I believe they did do the show because they believed it was God's will for them and that they are trying to use their lives to be a witness to impact others. They try to use their platform to demonstrate their faith to others, testify to it, and influence society in a positive way.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tall and Mkgal1,

I don't like to see people's motives maligned, or people make judgments about others based on reading their minds, especially not on a forum that is supposed to be Christian.

I do not either. However, your main theme here has been "we don't know". How much time did you spend on "we don't know" whether they had to do mandatory reporting etc. Well what happens if it turns out they did have to?

It makes you look like you are defending them without good cause.

There are a whole host of things we do not know. But every time you respond regarding those things it gives those who have an axe to grind against the Duggars another bump of this thread. And if it turns out that one of the things we didn't know we suddenly do know--and it is worse than we thought--what then? Then they can smear you as a biased person as well as smear the Duggars more.

Let's pray for everyone that was hurt through this sin, Duggars included, and leave it at that.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know people say "Don't judge the parents because of what their child did!" but the parents are doing some pretty terrible things to. So while we really shouldn't judge them we should realize they are doing things that I'm pretty sure the bible is against.

Upvote 0

annafullofgrace

His blood sets me free.
Dec 28, 2014
USA
✟44,039.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I do not either. However, your main theme here has been "we don't know". How much time did you spend on "we don't know" whether they had to do mandatory reporting etc. Well what happens if it turns out they did have to?

It makes you look like you are defending them without good cause.

There are a whole host of things we do not know. But every time you respond regarding those things it gives those who have an axe to grind against the Duggars another bump of this thread. And if it turns out that one of the things we didn't know we suddenly do know--and it is worse than we thought--what then? Then they can smear you as a biased person as well as smear the Duggars more.

Let's pray for everyone that was hurt through this sin, Duggars included, and leave it at that.

Hmm, I suggested this at the beginning of this thread and was attacked for it.

Upvote 0