United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@spicoli

Keep sacrificing. Keep praying. And when you fall, pick yourself up, and get back in the box.

It seems that when we truly love things, our heart struggles to find similarities between those things. Perhaps that is why I am often struck by how much baseball resembles the Catholic spiritual life. I thought about this again recently when I saw an interview that confirmed my perspective. The interview was with Sean Casey, a former first-baseman for the Cincinnati Reds and my all-time favorite player. Casey was interviewed about his mental approach to hitting, and he mentioned four main points. It immediately struck me that these points are entirely relevant to the spiritual life.

1. Process Over Results

Continued below.

• Winner
Reactions: Gnarwhal

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
@spicoli

Keep sacrificing. Keep praying. And when you fall, pick yourself up, and get back in the box.

It seems that when we truly love things, our heart struggles to find similarities between those things. Perhaps that is why I am often struck by how much baseball resembles the Catholic spiritual life. I thought about this again recently when I saw an interview that confirmed my perspective. The interview was with Sean Casey, a former first-baseman for the Cincinnati Reds and my all-time favorite player. Casey was interviewed about his mental approach to hitting, and he mentioned four main points. It immediately struck me that these points are entirely relevant to the spiritual life.

1. Process Over Results

Continued below.

WHHAAAAAAT I've been saying this for years! Might've even written about it!

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0