How bad is "abomination" in the eyes of the Lord?

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟580,194.44
Faith
Messianic
Is it so vile that it just makes Him sick to His stomach to see it occur? It is a term used to give the impression He is not pleased? Is it so bad that it is as close as you can get to the unforgivable sin and still be forgiven? Is it a sin that eats away at the soul, whether by insidious destruction that humans have yet to understand, or by spiritually contaminating the mind and body making it unfit for salvation?

What makes the deed an "abomination"? There are many things that the Lord has dumped into this category and makes stern references to His dislike of it. So why these deeds and not others which are obviously odious like pediphilia, necrophilia, or ecclesiophile for that matter.

Reactions: HARK!

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟144,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Is it so vile that it just makes Him sick to His stomach to see it occur? It is a term used to give the impression He is not pleased? Is it so bad that it is as close as you can get to the unforgivable sin and still be forgiven? Is it a sin that eats away at the soul, whether by insidious destruction that humans have yet to understand, or by spiritually contaminating the mind and body making it unfit for salvation?

What makes the deed an "abomination"? There are many things that the Lord has dumped into this category and makes stern references to His dislike of it. So why these deeds and not others which are obviously odious like pediphilia, necrophilia, or ecclesiophile for that matter.
Well I would say because He does not like them. I would say He despises abominations. Yet He sent His Son to save those people that once did such abominations. He is truly the fullness of love and forgiveness.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,127,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Good question?

Many will decry the abomination of homosexuality. YHWH demonstrated that he will burn down the village, along with all the village people, over such abominations. Yet many say that they follow Yahshua; as they smack their lips of bacon grease on Sunday morning.

How bad is an abomination to YHWH?

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,127,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Are same-sex unions an abomination even now?

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.

• Agree
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,127,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am pro-bacon, pro-crawdad, pro-shrimp and did not make a conscious choice to be heterosexual

I would say that what constitutes an abomination seems to change over time

If Yahshua's word wasn't convincing enough; maybe David can help.

Psalm 33:11
The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of his heart to all generations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,127,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What is the relation of serif to KERAION OR "tittle" as JOB has it?

Jots and tittles are Greek grammatical marks

serif
noun
ser·if | \ ˈser-əf \
Definition of serif
: any of the short lines stemming from and at an angle to the upper and lower ends of the strokes of a letter

Definition of SERIF

Upvote 0

Tra Phull

Ecumenical Loose Canon
Oct 24, 2019
Waco
✟45,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God does not get "sick to His STOMACH", God is SPIRIT - it is just FIGURES OF SPEECH that

the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it

the blast of His nostrils... does this or that

The eyes of the Lord run to and fro

He has bared His holy ARM in the sight of the heathen

Metaphorical
Figurative

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,127,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
An IOTA SUBSCRIPT is a jot, a tittle is a BREATHING MARK - they come either rough or smooth.

Let's go with your vocabulary. By your vocabulary how much of the Torah is it OK with YHWH ignore?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,127,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
God does not get "sick to His STOMACH", God is SPIRIT - it is just FIGURES OF SPEECH that

the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it

the blast of His nostrils... does this or that

The eyes of the Lord run to and fro

He has bared His holy ARM in the sight of the heathen

Metaphorical
Figurative

So by your estimation, were the FIRE and BRIMSTONE that rained down on the rebels, figures of speech; or was it LITERAL?

Upvote 0

Tra Phull

Ecumenical Loose Canon
Oct 24, 2019
Waco
✟45,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Torah and all the OT was translated into Koine Greek - the Septuagint - a couple centuries before Jesus, it is the consensus of scholars that Jesus quoted from the Septuagint more than Masoretic text

I did not say to IGNORE anything - don't put words in my mouth

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,127,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I did not say to IGNORE anything - don't put words in my mouth

I didn't put any words in your mouth. I simply asked your opinion, as to whether or not it is OK to ignore YHWH's word. If it changes; how do we know that it changed, and what changed?

If we aren't to ignore that which has been changed; then what do we call it if not ignored?

Upvote 0