Not open for further replies.

Marcel

Quixotic Cloggie
Oct 4, 2002
Holland
Visit site
✟9,296.00
MidKnight said:
Then "God" can not be expected to ever be good at all...as people perceive good.

This, then, is not good for you and I.

"AAAaaaAAarrgggHHHH this is DESTROYING ME!!! This can't be good!!!"
"Yes it's good; it's just not YOUR kind of good, its a higher kind of good."

I see where you're getting at.

Upvote 0

HelenM

[affix label here]
Aug 29, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟382.00
Faith
Non-Denom
keeki said:
this was originally a post in the "Is Doubt a Sin?" thread, but I thought that I might turn it into a thread. here's the original post:

okay..i have a question then. I am a Christian, but I think Satan put this thought in my heart and I can't get it out. It's really bugging me.

How do we know God is good, and how do we know that heaven's good? What if it's a trick?

PLEASE don't bash me for saying this, because I know I do love Jesus, and I want this thought to go away...but you said that learning the truth makes it go away and not suppressing it...so can someone PLEASE help me? please?

please can someone answer? and can i ask that only Christians answer this? It's not like I don't respect the opinions of non-Christians, but I don't want my faith to stray any further...

thankyou

keeki,

I think when believers say "I know that God is good", what they mean is such things as "I believe that God is good; I trust that God is good; I have faith that He is good; in my experience He has been good to me".

When Christians and non-Christians read the same Bible passages, non-Christians might look at a passage and say "How can that be good? That doesn't seem good to me". Christians might wonder too but the difference is that in the end they say "I might not understand why God did this but I trust God that He has a good reason for it".

Plus, Christians judge differently on what is good and what is not good. For example, an atheist believes their death will be 'the end'. A Christian believes their death will be the gateway to heaven.

Anyway, I hope that helps a bit. In the end you need to decide for yourself who and what you are going to believe and who and what you are going to trust.

God bless,
Helen

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.