Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There seems to be a disconnect on how we are saved. I would like your comments please.

Being lead by God's Spirit as we continue to believe and follow God's Word *JOHN 8:31-36; JOHN 3:15-18; GALATIANS 5:16

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We need the sacrifice of Jesus that cleanses us from our sin and the Spirit of God that gives life.

One must acknowledge God, believe that Jesus sacrificed His life for them, repent and confess their sin and turn away from their sin.

Then God gives His Spirit and that person is saved from sin and death to life.

A person who truly acknowledged God and believed in Jesus will continue in faith, love, and walk with God until the end.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We need the sacrifice of Jesus that cleanses us from our sin and the Spirit of God that gives life.

One must acknowledge God, believe that Jesus sacrificed His life for them, repent and confess their sin and turn away from their sin.

A person who truly acknowledged God and believed in Jesus will continue in faith, love, and walk with God until the end.

You cannot have any of the above without God's Word or without continuing in it by believing and following it. Also it is only those who endure temptation to the end believing and following God's Word that receive eternal life *JOHN 8:31-36. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God *ROMANS 10:17

• Agree
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There seems to be a disconnect on how we are saved. I would like your comments please.
Define saved. Regenerated? Justified? Sanctified? Glorified?

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
How are we saved? By the mercy and power of God.
Our salvation, visible to all creatures, will be revealed in the last time, like the last Day. Then all of the creation will witness our salvation. But we have that salvation now as a guarantee from the Holy Spirit to us as Ephesian 1 says.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

2 Peter 3
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

2 peter 1:5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Reactions: twin1954
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

We are saved in the resurrection when judged and accepted into heaven. That is in all reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I thînk to most people it simply means saved from Hell also known as spiritual death., alienation from God.
I need to know what the OP means so that I can respond appropriately. I think he’ll understand.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"By grace are we saved" - Eph. 2:5
"through [by means of] faith" - Eph. 2:8
"by faith in Jesus" - 2 Tim. 3:15

Beware of anyone who would complicate the "how" by confusion with "who," "why," "what," "when," or anything else.
TD:)

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You cannot have any of the above without God's Word or without continuing in it by believing and following it. Also it is only those who endure temptation to the end believing and following God's Word that receive eternal life *JOHN 8:31-36. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God *ROMANS 10:17
This is a Baptist forum. You are a guest here and are not allowed to teach your works based ideas. I have no problem with you answering the question but to continue to teach your false beliefs is not allowed.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Close but you still missed it. Ask yourself this question : who is salvation all about?

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

After hearing the Word, no one can endure, continue in belief and follow until the end without abiding in Jesus through the Holy Spirit.

All who abide in Jesus will have the Holy Spirit to continue their belief and follow and endure until the end.

Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do NOTHING. John 15.5

To abide in Christ daily requires dependence upon the Holy Spirit so we continue to follow and endure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is a Baptist forum. You are a guest here and are not allowed to teach your works based ideas. I have no problem with you answering the question but to continue to teach your false beliefs is not allowed.

Sorry I did not know it was a restricted forum but you making false statements does not help your cause. We are only saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8 and further stated that OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us to love as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD.

According to God's Word if our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. Sadly this is where the majority lie according to the scriptures. Now if you cannot provide anything from me stating what you claim why do you pretend that I am saying things I am not? Is bearing false witness a sin in your view?

The only false belief or false gospel is one that denies God's Word. Now if I have never posted anywhere on the forum or elsewhere that we are saved by what we do, why do you pretend that I have? I will leave that between you and God.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Sorry I did not know it was a restricted forum but you making false statements does not help your cause. We are only saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8 and further stated that OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us to love as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD.

According to God's Word if our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. Sadly this is where the majority lie according to the scriptures. Now if you cannot provide anything from me stating what you claim why do you pretend that I am saying things I am not? Is bearing false witness a sin in your view?

The only false belief or false gospel is one that denies God's Word. Now if I have never posted anywhere on the forum or elsewhere that we are saved by what we do, why do you pretend that I have? I will leave that between you and God.

Sure bearing no good fruit would mean a certain destruction, but since God orders our days according to His will, we bear the good fruit as that is a sign of being one of His disciples, an example of being cursed though was a healthy tree, when Jesus came upon it he desired to eat of its fruit, but it had nothing, so He cursed the tree, even though it was not in season.

John 15:8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain

And fruit is not works, how is described the fruits of the Holy Spirit in our lives? As you read the list, it is not our doing good things. Fruit is also what we say about God and Christ as Matthew 12 says.
Notice what Christ says about what we say and relates that to good and bad fruit!

33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.
34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Reactions: twin1954
Upvote 0