How about an upbeat story for Valentines Day - boy buys flowers for every girl in his HS

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
That's awesome. Good for him.

One little thing that is weird to me though. It says he saved every penny he made for a year and half, working at McDonald's, a Mexican restaurant, and a grocery store to reach the $450 necessary to pull this off. Was he being paid 25 cents an hour?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eretria90

Yes I am One Awesome Eagle
Dec 5, 2006
✟16,966.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That's great, but I would prefer someone to give me a chocolate flower. That way, instead of the flower going to waste, I could eat the chocolate flower and my Valentine's Day gift would be recycled in our municipal water supply. Or better yet, use your Valentine's Day "waste" to fertilize more flowers. Then ask for the intercession of St. Valentine to have more flowers in the world.

1. Eat chocolate flower
2. Use toilet
3. Waste gets recycled
4. St. Valentine intercession
5. Flowers bloom
6. ???
7. Profit

It's a win-win situation all around!

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,693,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very likely not, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was one butthurt parent over this.
I'd imagine one parent getting upset because their daughter recieved a carnation like the rest of the girls for valentines day would look pretty foolish. Especially when the kid worked as hard as he did to make that happen. Maybe one of the male students parents will get upset for neglecting their son. That is a possibility I guess.... ;)

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I'd imagine one parent getting upset because their daughter recieved a carnation like the rest of the girls for valentines day would look pretty foolish. Especially when the kid worked as hard as he did to make that happen. Maybe one of the male students parents will get upset for neglecting their son. That is a possibility I guess.... ;)
These freaks nowadays get offended by anything. We Christians know that firsthand.

Upvote 0