Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
After months of investigation and many public accusations of corruption against Mr. Biden and his family, the first report of the premier House G.O.P. inquiry showed no proof of such misconduct.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) criticized House Republicans’ recent effort to impeach President Joe Biden saying it was not done in a “legitimate” or “serious” way, a video obtained by NBC News shows
“I just don’t get the sense that it’s for the sake of impeachment,” Gaetz reportedly said during the fundraiser. “I think it’s for the sake of having another bad thing to say about Joe Biden.”

Everyone knows, and now republicans are starting to admit it.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Clearly this report needs more investigation to make sure.

Clearly you only care about hating all Democrats.

Well, guess what? Even if Joe Biden did anything wrong, nothing could happen to him. We do not even have a House Speaker.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Clearly you only care about hating all Democrats.

Well, guess what? Even if Joe Biden did anything wrong, nothing could happen to him. We do not even have a House Speaker.
Poe's Law.

• Haha
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The House republicans plan to subpoena Joe Biden's Boy Scout records and his utility bills from 1970 to 2014.

"Surely this will reveal the truth about the Biden crime family", promises Justin Argyle, fry cook and prominent Facebook contributor.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
They want to govern America and they can't even govern themselves.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
They want to govern America and they can't even govern themselves.

They want to impeach Joe Biden knowing he did nothing wrong just because he is a Democrat. That is why America nearly defaulted, then nearly shut down. Republican Representatives wanted to waste their time and play the divisive politics game.

And someone told me I should not think about division through politics? Sorry, I am not buying it until both sides of Congress are a Democratic supermajority because all year we have been seeing elephants struggle to unite among themselves.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m kinda pretty sure that absolutely ZERO business is being conducted by the House unless/until there’s a Speaker.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's one of the Laws of the Internet. Essentially it means that it's impossible to tell when somebody is parodying an extreme position without some kind of context.
Coined right in this here set of forums.

• Love
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
After months of investigation and many public accusations of corruption against Mr. Biden and his family, the first report of the premier House G.O.P. inquiry showed no proof of such misconduct.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) criticized House Republicans’ recent effort to impeach President Joe Biden saying it was not done in a “legitimate” or “serious” way, a video obtained by NBC News shows
“I just don’t get the sense that it’s for the sake of impeachment,” Gaetz reportedly said during the fundraiser. “I think it’s for the sake of having another bad thing to say about Joe Biden.”

I find this hard to believe. I’ve been reliably informed on this very website that there is simply tons and tons of evidence that Mr Biden is the patriarch of a crime family.

If Mr Biden is not guilty where is all the evidence being hidden?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
They want to impeach Joe Biden knowing he did nothing wrong just because he is a Democrat.
Matt Gaetz inadvertently admitted as much to what he thought was an exclusively partisan crowd.

At an invitation-only fundraiser held over Zoom last week, Gaetz, R-Fla., and Rosendale, who is said to be plotting another Senate run next year, heaped skepticism on the probe. “I don’t believe that we are endeavoring upon a legitimate impeachment of Joe Biden,” Gaetz told Steve Bannon, a podcaster and onetime political adviser to former President Donald Trump, who was moderating the discussion. “They’re trying to engage in a, like, ‘forever war’ of impeachment,” Gaetz said. “And like many of our forever wars, it will drag on forever and end in a bloody draw.” As they fielded questions from high-dollar conservative donors, Gaetz and Rosendale were just days away from moving to end McCarthy’s speakership — and tipping the Republican caucus into its own protracted battle over who will lead the conference.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's funny how Boebert, Taylor-Green and Gaetz were the new young guns and were going to run the House. Now Marge and Lauren hate each other and Matt is turning his back on impeachment, a pet project for those two.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The Times article is from May 2023 and behind a paywall.

Here's a detailed Democratic Press Release from the same day.

• Informative
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matt Gaetz inadvertently admitted as much to what he thought was an exclusively partisan crowd.

At an invitation-only fundraiser held over Zoom last week, Gaetz, R-Fla., and Rosendale, who is said to be plotting another Senate run next year, heaped skepticism on the probe. “I don’t believe that we are endeavoring upon a legitimate impeachment of Joe Biden,” Gaetz told Steve Bannon, a podcaster and onetime political adviser to former President Donald Trump, who was moderating the discussion. “They’re trying to engage in a, like, ‘forever war’ of impeachment,” Gaetz said. “And like many of our forever wars, it will drag on forever and end in a bloody draw.” As they fielded questions from high-dollar conservative donors, Gaetz and Rosendale were just days away from moving to end McCarthy’s speakership — and tipping the Republican caucus into its own protracted battle over who will lead the conference.
That is an awesome phrase - “forever war of impeachment”. And all too true.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is an awesome phrase - “forever war of impeachment”. And all too true.
He's not as dumb as he sometimes appears to be. He just can't control his zipper much of the time.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Paywall on NYT report.

Upvote 0