• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured House chaplain prays to cast out ‘spirits of darkness’ from Congress

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by redleghunter, Jul 22, 2019.

1. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+29,541
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The only reason this prayer came to life in the media is because they are under the impression the priest is rebuking Donald Trump.

2. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,899
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Well, he got the wrong address....though congress can use all the help they can get including chasing away evil spirits.......

3. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven Well-Known Member

+11,222
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That would be a good start. It would be like starting from the top and working his way down.

4. Petunia

Petunia Senior Veteran Supporter

+275
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others

I really don't know the reasons they reported it. But I hope they have more prayer, priests and minsters in the house to pray. Fox news reported this too. Surely they don't believe Trump needs rebuking.

5. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,356
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The guy might pray it, but that doesn't mean that God will do it!
    I can't believe that a guy who prays to the pagan Queen of Heaven which he thinks is the virgin Mary will get his prayers much past the ceiling!

6. actionsub

actionsub Mike, he's just this guy, you know?

+151
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Just waiting for "The Squad" to condemn this prayer as a racist act because darkness.

7. Erik Nelson

Erik Nelson Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,116
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    think that there are more spiritual forces at work on earth than people allow themselves to recognize

trying to protect people from hostile other worldly powers is a noble goal?

8. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,682
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    He's a Jesuit, of course he's rebuking Trump, and every republican and republican policy...

Jesuits are responsible for a lot of bad things politically in South America..that's why these people are all flocking here in droves.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  9. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,481
    Christian
    Single
    This casting out spirits of darkness is an archaic figure of speech. Turning on a light switch might be easier than trying to chase away the darkness and gloom. Casting out a spirit of alcoholism might be accomplished by convincing someone life is better without getting drunk. Fewer hangovers and auto accidents that way. Instant healing or mental correction is something God can do. It was called casting out demons as this was the language they used 2000 years ago.

10. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,556
    Catholic
    Married
    I certainly hope it works.

11. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,899
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Next time the Chaplain shows up at the house to pray maybe he can focus on some individuals who could really use it......Like this one.....
    Video Resurfaces of Tlaib Screaming, Interrupting Trump at a 2016 Speech
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Posted by Mary Chastain Monday, July 22, 2019 at 11:00am
    Tlaib then stood up and screamed, “You guys are crazy!” to the audience members.

[​IMG]
    A video from 2016 has resurfaced of Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) screaming and interrupting then-presidential candidate Donald Trump at a campaign rally in Detroit, MI.

At the time Tlaib served as a Michigan state representative.

The event took place on August 8, 2016, while Trump addressed the Detroit Economic Club about his economic policy.

Tlaib then stood up and screamed, “You guys are crazy!” to the audience members. Security grabbed her by the arms and took her to the exit. Other protestors called Trump a racist, screamed “tiny hands, tiny hands” and “shame on you!”

One audience member yelled at Tlaib, “You’re an animal, get a job!”

Trump remained calm the whole time. He waited until security to remove Tlaib before he continued his speech.

The Detroit Economic Club’s spokesman explained after the chaos that authorities would investigate the protestors while the club planned to ban them from future events.

Tlaib attempted to justify her actions in an op-ed she wrote for The Detroit Free Press:

I have heard critics calling it unbecoming of a former state legislator. Well, I believe it is unbecoming of any American to not stand up to Trump’s hate-filled rhetoric and tactics. Growing up the daughter of Palestinian immigrants in Detroit, I was taught about how Walter Reuther, Coleman Young, Rosa Parks, Viola Liuzzo and other great Detroiters risked their lives for justice. I still remember at the age of 12, learning that segregation had been permitted only a couple of decades before I was born and that a woman’s right to vote was not even a century old. But it was great Americans who stood up, some dying for the cause, to make our country better.

I can’t describe the fear that gripped me when I rose in front of nearly 2,000 professionals at this tony, corporate setting. I watched as Trump supporters taunted the women who stood before me as they were aggressively and briskly led to the exits. I froze, feeling the anger around me that would make anyone tremble. Yet, I could only think of the unwavering love for my two sons to find the courage to do my own part.

I mean…you interrupted a business meeting, not a KKK or white supremacist meeting.

Of course it is Trump’s fault that Tlaib behaved this way at the speech. It’s never their fault.

The right reacted to the video on Twitter.

complete article here: Video Resurfaces of Tlaib Screaming, Interrupting Trump at a 2016 Speech

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+564
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    I was going to say if it had worked we would have lost the majority of both houses.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List