peacechild

Freethinker/Skeptic/Humanist/Atheist
Apr 24, 2005
✟15,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I used to be WAAAAYYY horse crazy. I was really really into it...I started delivering newspapers, to pay for riding lessons, horse camps, leasing, boarding etc. etc. I had all the show clothes, tack, brushes, plus tons of really stupid horse accessories. I would sometimes neglect schoolwork because I was busy reading books about horse health, showing, riding and watching Pat Parelli videos.
Horses were all that would ever fill my mind, and any subject not relating to horses, I wasn't interested in!

Then my mother decided horses weren't "good" for me. She threw my "worldly" riding clothes out, told me to email my trainer and tell him I would no longer be taking lessons, then she phoned the barn to cancel my lease, trashed all my hopes and dreams of becoming an equine vet, and announced that I wouldn't be permitted to ride or have anymore contact with horses.
I needed to "spend more time in the holy King James Bible" rather than "waste time" and be "vain". So, that was the end. I haven't ridden in over three years. I still think about horses from time to time. I imagine how riding felt... I miss it terribly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums