• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. I just wanted to share something my fiance' came up with. She is a jewelry designer and has a shop with her daughter. They asked if I had an outlet for some of their items and I told them I would share it with everyone here at CF. So I started them an Etsy Shop account to showcase what they have done. And this is the first items! Check it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks so much! - Rex

Click here to see it!

Hope after a backsliding season

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by StarryEyedShoeGazer, Feb 13, 2018.

1. StarryEyedShoeGazer

StarryEyedShoeGazer New Member

+11
    Christian
    Private
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if there is hope for a victorious productive and joyful life after a season of backsliding (for the repentant believer).

I was reading a book by Erwin Lutzer who says that Christians who fall into gross sin(particularly immorality) never fly as high again and essentially are like birds with clipped wings.
    My personal failures date back to about a decade ago bit the anguish, shame and remorse is as soul crushing as if it had happened yesterday.
    Is there hope for freedom and a sense of being made clean or will I carry this pain to my grave?

2. Emli

Emli Growing daughter of God Supporter

+1,167
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I believe that God can and will both restore you fully and make you shine even more than before, because He doesn't want you to suffer and He wants to use you. So ask Jesus to use your sins and mistakes for His purposes in the future, ask Him to teach you from it, and believe that He can and want to heal you completely. What good with it do Him or you if He leaves you in darkness? Pray and seek Him, and He will definitely make something beautiful out if you. Don't lose hope or faith!

3. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,484
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I think it can actually make both you stronger and your testimony.

For instance,people that have experienced terrible things, such as drug addiction or heavy premarital sex can often be great testifying to those people in those situations. If God has brought you (or whomever) out of such grave sins and set you free, that is powerful testimony for the other person currently in that type of situation. Many times they will listen to you when they won't listen to someone selse.

The other thing is that to some who know great forgiveness from God, their faith is added to or affected by the great debt that was relieved. In some cases.

4. Kit Sigmon

Kit Sigmon Well-Known Member

+970
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Lutzer shares a reality...that many backsliders have faced in life...trust me,
    it's not always sexual immorality that can wreck a repentant believer.
    Try taking a stand against drug dealers in your community, that will pit you against their family members and friends...specially when the drug dealers
    have relatives who be prominent church members/leaders in the community.
    I know what it's like to suffer, to have others speak evil against me...so you see,
    it's not only the ones who have been immoral that suffer and will be "avoided".
    God forgives, heals and restores but know this, it's not always that way with
    other people (saved or unsaved) there will be those who come against you
    and there will be those who will come along side you.

Our Lord knows how hard it be living on this earth, he been through great suffering himself.
    Put yourself completely into His care, ask Him to restore to you His joy and
    mend that which is broken inside of you.
    Spend time with the Lord in prayer, read/study out God's Word and develop
    a closer walk with the One who gave His very life to Redeem you.
    You are of great Value and loved by God! Believe it, walk it out each day...
    Put on Christ every morning you wake up.

Remember this: our call is to be one of the Lord's Ambassadors, that still stands, for God's gifts and His call be irrevocable...Romans 11:29.

5. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+11,847
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hi; good to see you; Hebrews 9.14 speaks of the cleansing of the conscience; John's First Epistles speaks of cleansing and about walking in the light while following the Son of God. :)

6. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,484
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Just remember that if you repent, God is fair and just to forgive you your sins and cast that sin as far as the east is from the west.

What is often harder, is to forgive ourselves. What is easier is to get God's forgiveness through repentance and then really work on your love and kindness. God's Word says that love covers a multitude of sin. So, in this you can really spiritually put yourself in a good place and realize that you can do so much more good when you concentrate on that rather than kicking yourself for what you have done n the past.

Sometimes, I have had to try really, really hard to forgive myself and I figure if God has forgiven me and He is the Judge, than I am in error not to do the same.

Hope this helps and God bless you.