Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can You stay true to God and obey the ten commandments? I read some of it on wikipedia, it seems like it is an academic society and not an occultic society. Even a mention of boyscouts but I guess it all depends on where Your focus is and at what cost. If You have the time and are not of the fearful type it might be worth the try. There are a lot of important things happening in the world worth knowing of right now.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What do you mean by Honor Societies ?
Academic based on grades or character.
Can You stay true to God and obey the ten commandments? I read some of it on wikipedia, it seems like it is an academic society and not an occultic society. Even a mention of boyscouts but I guess it all depends on where Your focus is and at what cost. If You have the time and are not of the fearful type it might be worth the try. There are a lot of important things happening in the world worth knowing of right now.
I didn’t realize “Honor Society” could be in reference to anything other than academic. I’m only refering to the academic type.

Upvote 0

Alexstrasza

Mar 4, 2018
US
✟15,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Becoming a member is the driving reason behind landing my current job. It looks good on a resume, but the long term connections are most important in my opinion. If you have the option to join, I would strongly recommend at least investigating how it could help you in your personal position.

• Informative
Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Becoming a member is the driving reason behind landing my current job. It looks good on a resume, but the long term connections are most important in my opinion. If you have the option to join, I would strongly recommend at least investigating how it could help you in your personal position.
What are "long term connections"? People you know who are in it as well? The label of being in it?
Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it. I'm not sure if it would be useful or not for me. The invitation tries to make it sound great by saying where some members have gotten jobs at but, I feel that there has to be more to it than just being a part of an honor society.
That's awesome that you were able to get your job through that.

Upvote 0

deusartemlux

Solus Christus
Jan 25, 2018
Alabama
✟17,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
What is the point of them?
Would you join one if invited to join?
Has anyone here ever joined one?
Hello. I was part of my college Honor society. Attending was honestly a total waste of time. Where I was, it was just a group of humanists using up college funds to do research on societal subjects, plan conferences and retreats, and schedule mini vacations all in the name of serving society. It was very odd. I think the point of them is to have a badge on your resume--little else. :)

• Informative
Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0