Homosexuals in the army "immoral".

Do you think Gay Americans serving our country is "immoral"?

• No, it's insane we have this pathetic policy in a country like U.S.

• Yes, it is "immoral" for Gay Americans to serve in the Armed Forces

• I don't have an opinion on this subject.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,429.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Lets throw over weight people in there to thats racist to ( messy) on and on we go were do stop no one knows.
But you haven't given a reason why gay people can't serve. Seriously overweight people probably couldn't perform their duties as soldiers.

The only excuse you've presented is that everyone in the military should be held to a standard. But why is sexuality the only measure, I imagine the majority of the US military is made up of white men and I doubt you are against black people and women serving?

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
But you haven't given a reason why gay people can't serve. Seriously overweight people probably couldn't perform their duties as soldiers.

The only excuse you've presented is that everyone in the military should be held to a standard. But why is sexuality the only measure, I imagine the majority of the US military is made up of white men and I doubt you are against black people and women serving?
everyone has an issue on what they value and the army doesn't need to honor your value. They don't need instability in the command.

Upvote 0

loudatheist101

Logic is the train, evidence is the track.
Feb 10, 2007
Saturn
✟24,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
everyone has an issue on what they value and the army doesn't need to honor your value. They don't need instability in the command.
Thats funny, thats what racists used to say about blacks in the army.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thats funny, thats what racists used to say about blacks in the army.
be nice now. You think we should honor everyones value. Thats not a community's that free for all or military sound.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,429.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
But you still haven't justified how and why gay in the military will cause this instability.

Hmm, I don't mean to threadjack, but what do you think about Non-Christians in the military?

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He tells me this all the time: "There are no atheists in foxholes". Well, got news for ya pal, my grandpa was in the Navy in World War 2 and he was an atheist.
My grandfather has four bronze stars D day, battle of the bulge under Patton and he christen ,so whats your point. Just because they don't honor your values don't make them wrong.

Upvote 0

loudatheist101

Feb 10, 2007
Saturn
✟24,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
My grandfather has four bronze stars D day, battle of the bulge under Patton and he christen ,so whats your point. Just because they don't honor your values don't make them wrong.
I know there were Christains in WW2...everyone knows that. We atheists never said "There are no Christains in foxholes" did we?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,429.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
He tells me this all the time: "There are no atheists in foxholes". Well, got news for ya pal, my grandpa was in the Navy in World War 2 and he was an atheist.
My favourite come back to that (incorrect) statement is: "That's an argument against fox holes, not atheism."

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My favourite come back to that (incorrect) statement is: "That's an argument against fox holes, not atheism."
:scratch:

Truthfully this about discerning from right and wrong. and your agendas ,values principles and ethics. Are the real issue and you want to feel good about the coarse you have taken ,so you try to justify it any way you can.Distorting the truth. making the facts about the truth chaotic ,so the people try to discern the truth are in a chaotic state and are lost all for your selfish views.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loudatheist101

Feb 10, 2007
Saturn
✟24,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Truthfully this about discerning from right and wrong. and your agendas ,values principles and ethics. Are the real issue and you want to feel good about the coarse you have taken ,so you try to justify it any way you can.Distorting the truth. making the facts about the truth chaotic ,so the people try to discern the truth are in a chaotic state and are lost all for your selfish views.
What selfish views? What "truth"? You seriously think no atheist has been in a foxhole? Pathetic.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What selfish views? What "truth"? You seriously think no atheist has been in a foxhole? Pathetic.
You are distorting ,you are jumbling up information. Sexual orientation with atheist views now. What are you trying to say now all atheists are gay now.:scratch:

Upvote 0

loudatheist101

Feb 10, 2007
Saturn
✟24,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You are distorting ,you are jumbling up information. Sexual orientation with atheist views now. What are you trying to say now all atheists are gay now.:scratch:
Umm, no. Theres nothing wrong with gays in the military, and atheists are in foxholes. ;) Thats all I'm trying to say.

Upvote 0

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

WHAT? I can't understand a word you just said.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
After you can spell, write, and accept people. ;) (Especially if their risking their lives for YOU)
You have other issue is in army ,but like your comments and attacks on my grammar and writing. The results wind up chaotic in the military and you put sexual orientation in the mix it gets worse. Get it ,but you want to force your views on people. Don't like it don't join. Isn't that what you say for abortions.
Same principle can be used on you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,429.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I'm not sure what you mean here. If you found my glib comeback insulting I apologize, that was not my intent.

I don't think prejudice against atheists is connected to prejudice against gays in the military (aside from being religiously motivated and silly).

I am a little concerned about the tone of your response; you appear to be accusing me of: distorting the truth; being selfish in my views. I'd like you to justify these accusations because I don't feel I have done anything to deserve them.

I may be an Atheist, but I don't disrespect Christians or other Theists, please accord me the same curtesy.

Also, I feel you haven't answered an important question I asked:

But you still haven't justified how and why gay in the military will cause this instability.
Until this is made clear, you can't really have a debate about the issue, you are just throwing opinions at us.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not sure what you mean here. If you found my glib comeback insulting I apologize, that was not my intent.

I don't think prejudice against atheists is connected to prejudice against gays in the military (aside from being religiously motivated and silly).

I am a little concerned about the tone of your response; you appear to be accusing me of: distorting the truth; being selfish in my views. I'd like you to justify these accusations because I don't feel I have done anything to deserve them.

I may be an Atheist, but I don't disrespect Christians or other Theists, please accord me the same curtesy.

Also, I feel you haven't answered an important question I asked:

Until this is made clear, you can't really have a debate about the issue, you are just throwing opinions at us.
To you i apologize. thank you For your curtsy.Now rationalizing the issue. People tend to play on emotions and push them selves on the weaker or different person.The group will take sides. hostility's arise.I've seen this play out even in the forms and in the work place.
We can't handle our emotions in a civilized community. We don't need this in our military on the battle field. People won't perteck one another. You can't make people care. I've had hostility's in this issue on a job i couldn't imagine being in the battle field and people will be uncomfortable acting hostile to one another and wondering if they will let you die or even kill you. Remember when you were in grade school people being cruel. Like back to the future( mick fly) Well when it come to gay people They tend to get hurt and the ones that will stick up for them can get hurt also. Don't ask don't tell is working.

Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
You guys remind my of school. How people picked on weaker or different looks or weight or being ugly. Oh aren't we ,so proud of our conduct.:idea: grow up

I don't think they're saying it to be mean, or to attack you- quite a few of us are having genuine difficulty understanding your posts. Maybe if you read them over before you submitted a reply, they'd be clearer.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't think they're saying it to be mean, or to attack you- quite a few of us are having genuine difficulty understaning your posts. Maybe if you read them over before you submitted a reply, they'd be clearer.
I'm working on it,but i don't think loudathiest101 and me were being politically correct and we were in a heated debate and i snapped at her,so i gave her what was due to her personally.I want to be able to communicate better it will come with time and practice. patience on your your end,but i don't really care about myself personally as long as the truth is communicated.

Upvote 0