Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No different than marrying someone who has sinned heterosexually in the past, and repented. Jesus would say to a repentant homosexual the same as he said to the woman caught in adultery, "Your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more."

Maybe you don't recall, but she didn't repent.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That article was the source of my 50%. While many gay marriages are open, many are not.

All are wrong and a perversion of God's plan. There is no such thing as a gay 'marriage'.

• Haha
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Note that he doesn't identify any sins but leaves them to the woman to decide what is sin.
You are also called to let people decide what is sin for themself.

So why did John the Baptist, called the greatest among men by Jesus, tell Herod his incestuous relationship was wrong?

No, having a sexual preference you don't have, is not a sin.

I never said that, ACTING on it contrary to God's plan IS a sin, the same as a heterosexual who had a 'preference' for adultery or pre-marital sex would be sinning if they acted on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You are welcome to that opinion,

It's God's opinion (the One who created sex), not mine. I would think those on this forum would care about that.

but one wonders about all the other forms of sex and sex attraction that people have.

A result of the Fall, the Bible says the human heart is desperately wicked, hence the need for a Savior.

Christian priests for example.

If you're referring to the Catholic scandals, that is a homosexual problem caused by their unbiblical celibate clergy policy.

Having a sexual preference that you don't have, is not a sin.

I never said that. We all have preferences for certain sins we need to overcome, it's what character is about. On our own it is impossible, with God all things are possible. As Paul said about some former homosexuals, "Such WERE some of you......"

My point being that God makes a huge variety of people.
A friend of mine was born with spinal cancer which left her 95% paralyzed.

Both disordered sexual desires and your friend's tragic health issues are the result of the Fall. Neither will exist in eternity for the believer.

So me with my Dr. God sex prescription pad: What do I write for her?
How do I dictate what sex acts are godly for a quadriplegic?
Is it mine or any idiots place to dictate her partners or sex acts?

In a right marriage relationship, God doesn't prescribe anything about sex. Joni Eareckson Tada is in such a marriage: Our Leadership | Joni and Friends

• Haha
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just gonna leave this hear as a friendly reminder about the general rules of denominational forums and sub-forums:

House Rules
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against it's theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
All are wrong and a perversion of God's plan. There is no such thing as a gay 'marriage'.
The article was specifically about gay marriages. That's not necessarily the same thing as a survey of all gays about their relationships. So for accuracy it has to be quoted that way.

Gay marriages do exist, even if you don't approve.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread is closed. As a reminder, there is a Statement of Purpose for this congregational forum. IF you are not a liberal Christian, you shouldn't be debating in this particular forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.