Visit site
✟84,025.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to my current reading of the Bible using First-Order Logic, yes homosexual acts are sinful. As usual, I could be wrong. FOL isn't the be-all and end-all. I am not a prophet of the Lord.

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Romans 1:26b For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men [a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

NIV Footnotes: [a] The words men who have sex with men translate two Greek words that refer to the passive and active participants in homosexual acts.

1 Timothy 1:9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

1 Corinthians 7:2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.

It applies to lesbians also, Romans 1:
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.​

Are homosexual acts sinful?

For each of the above passages, list the pros and cons factors. Be exhaustive and objective in listing the factors. Then for each factor, assign a weight between 0 and 10. I would put a higher weight on Bible verses and a lower weight on extra-biblical writings. Try not to let your preconceived notions influence your weighting. Do this for all the pros and cons for all the passages, Sum up the weights for the pros. Sum up the weights for the cons. Decide for yourself probabilistically.

I use Occam's razor as one of the hermeneutic tools when I interpret Bible verses. Each of the above passages can be explained away by some ad-hoc nuance as referring to a man having sex with a temple prostitute, or a man having sex with a boy, or men having sex with angelic beings, etc. However, there is a simple unifying explanation: it is talking about a man having sex with another man, consented or not. This simple explanation satisfies all 7 passages nicely. To me, this simple unifying factor is worthy of a heavy weight.

Last edited:

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
CF rules do not permit a full discussion of the meaning and application of these passages. With that in mind, I will say simply that Christians disagree on how these passages should be understood and applied in the Christian life.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,025.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CF rules do not permit a full discussion of the meaning and application of these passages. With that in mind, I will say simply that Christians disagree on how these passages should be understood and applied in the Christian life.
Where can I see this rule?

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to my current reading of the Bible using First-Order Logic, yes homosexual acts are sinful. As usual, I could be wrong. FOL isn't the be-all and end-all. I am not a prophet of the Lord.

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Romans 1:26b For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men [a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

NIV Footnotes: [a] The words men who have sex with men translate two Greek words that refer to the passive and active participants in homosexual acts.

1 Timothy 1:9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

1 Corinthians 7:2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.

It applies to lesbians also, Romans 1:
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.​

Are homosexual acts sinful?

For each of the above passages, list the pros and cons factors. Be exhaustive and objective in listing the factors. Then for each factor, assign a weight between 0 and 10. I would put a higher weight on Bible verses and a lower weight on extra-biblical writings. Try not to let your preconceived notions influence your weighting. Do this for all the pros and cons for all the passages, Sum up the weights for the pros. Sum up the weights for the cons. Decide for yourself probabilistically.

I use Occam's razor as one of the hermeneutic tools when I interpret Bible verses. Each of the above passages can be explained away by some ad-hoc nuance as referring to a man having sex with a temple prostitute, or a man having sex with a boy, or men having sex with angelic beings, etc. However, there is a simple unifying explanation: it is talking about a man having sex with another man, consented or not. This simple explanation satisfies all 7 passages nicely. To me, this simple unifying factor is worthy of a heavy weight.
the LORD Bless you ALWAYS.
For not ommiting parts of the Gospel.
God's Truth isn't only the parts we enjoy but the whole meal.
As I'm finding out with 1 John.
Makes me wonder if I even love the LORD but not going to avoid reading it because it makes me uncomfortable. It's doing what his word is meant to do piercing deep

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,025.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If being myself is bad then I don't wanna be good
I am not gay but I think being myself is bad, in fact, extremely bad. Rom 7:
18For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.

That's where Jesus comes in.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where can I see this rule?
I’m not sure if that rule applies to this particular forum. I do know that in some forums you cannot discuss the morality of homosexuality but in other forums on this site it is permitted. So you should check the rules for this particular forum to see if it is in violation because it might not be for this particular forum.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
First Corinthians chapter 6. The wicked will inherit kingdom of God. Homosexuality is one of them.
Unless they repent and conform to God's standard.
Epistle John chapter 3 . The difference between sinners and habitual sinners.
The habitual sinners are the wicked. They wont repent and convert to christianity.
Ezekiel chapter 33 . God has no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked.
Those who choose to follow satan, are going to Sheol. Its holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.
Revelation chapter 20. The spirtualty dead are judged by their works. Jesus is the judge. On judgement day, those deemed unworthy will go into lake of fire with satan.
Those who love and serve God, have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First Corinthians chapter 6. The wicked will inherit kingdom of God. Homosexuality is one of them.
Unless they repent and conform to God's standard.
Epistle John chapter 3 . The difference between sinners and habitual sinners.
The habitual sinners are the wicked. They wont repent and convert to christianity.
Ezekiel chapter 33 . God has no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked.
Those who choose to follow satan, are going to Sheol. Its holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.
Revelation chapter 20. The spirtualty dead are judged by their works. Jesus is the judge. On judgement day, those deemed unworthy will go into lake of fire with satan.
Those who love and serve God, have nothing to worry about.
I think you may have had a typo friend. In your first sentence you said the wicked will inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think you may have had a typo friend. In your first sentence you said the wicked will inherit the kingdom of God.
Thank you. I type fast. I missed typed it. We both know wicked will not inherit kingdom of God. Unless they repent and conform to God's standard. Ezekiel chapter 33 to further document. Take care.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I believe having a same-sex attraction is different than having same-sex sex. I have been introduced to monke who are "gay" but celibate. We can't control who we are attracted to but we can control our actions. I don't think that homosexuality is an exclusive affliction. It is just another form of fornication. The same way we shouldn't have sex with someone of the sam gender/sex, we should not fornicate with girlfriend, boyfriends, or anyone we have not been joined to by marriage. It gets a bit complicated when same-sex marriage is legal but if you are a believer in the New Testamen scripture you know that marriage i between a man and a woman.

At the same time, I won't sit in judgement of anyone's sin as I am a degenerate sinner myself. All we can do is seek help from God and his trusted servants to help us deal with our sinful nature.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I type fast. I missed typed it. We both know wicked will not inherit kingdom of God. Unless they repent and conform to God's standard. Ezekiel chapter 33 to further document. Take care.
Amen Ezekiel 18 also has a lot to say on this subject.

“The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself. “But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live. Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord God, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live? “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his treachery which he has committed and his sin which he has committed; for them he will die. Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not right.’ Hear now, O house of Israel! Is My way not right? Is it not your ways that are not right? When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and dies because of it, for his iniquity which he has committed he will die. Again, when a wicked man turns away from his wickedness which he has committed and practices justice and righteousness, he will save his life. Because he considered and turned away from all his transgressions which he had committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die. But the house of Israel says, ‘The way of the Lord is not right.’ Are My ways not right, O house of Israel? Is it not your ways that are not right? “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, each according to his conduct,” declares the Lord God. “Repent and turn away from all your transgressions, so that iniquity may not become a stumbling block to you. Cast away from you all your transgressions which you have committed and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! For why will you die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies,” declares the Lord God. “Therefore, repent and live.””
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭18‬:‭20‬-‭32‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0