Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here is what I made up for dinner for tomorrow ... my #2 son is coming home for the weekend and so this is what I made up for him tomorrow night ... I just had to share it with all of you ...

3 – 16 oz. cans of stewed tomatoes – mashed
1 – 6 oz. can of tomato paste
2 – tsp. brown sugar
1½ tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. sweet basil
½ tsp. thyme
2 cloves garlic – minced fine
1 green pepper – chopped
1 onion – chopped
2 lbs. hamburger

1. Mash the tomatoes & paste together in a bowl & set to the side.

2. Then mix the herbs & salt together in a bowl & then add to tomatoes.

3. Chop the onions … peppers … garlic all together & then add to a small skillet w/ olive oil

4. Cook hamburger … then drain and rinse with cold water & place back in pan

5. Cook up onions & peppers & garlic & oil till tender then add to hamburger

6. Add tomato mixture to hamburger & mix thoroughly

7. Place into a crock pot & cook on low till dinner time *

* I make mine the day before and then put into to crock pot and then start it the next day around 11 am and let it go on low till 5:00. I serve it w/ whole wheat pasta & salad & garlic bread.

Questions feel free to ask me !!

HisWinterRose

WIFE & MOM
Jul 8, 2004
OHIO
✟69,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That does sound very good maybe I will try making it. I used to make my own sauce all the time. We just quit eating spaghetti when hubby got diabetes. Lately I have been feeding him some small servings of it.

:thumbsup: I make it and when I do I serve it with WHOLE WHEAT SPAGHETTI NOODLES and it helps keep the sugar level down at least it did for me. I too am diabetic - type 2 and so I make this every so often. I make a big batch in the fall an break it down into small amounts for 3 { my husband, daughter and myself } but since my daughter's fiance comes over on the weekend sometime I will make enough so that he can have some too ... so let me know what happens when you do make it !!
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
:thumbsup: I make it and when I do I serve it with WHOLE WHEAT SPAGHETTI NOODLES and it helps keep the sugar level down at least it did for me. I too am diabetic - type 2 and so I make this every so often. I make a big batch in the fall an break it down into small amounts for 3 { my husband, daughter and myself } but since my daughter's fiance comes over on the weekend sometime I will make enough so that he can have some too ... so let me know what happens when you do make it !! :thumbsup:

I thought if I made this it would freeze well in small portions...I cannot eat tomatoe sauces...but I can eat fresh tomatoes...I usually never eat pasta either...I have strong, wonderful memories of my mom's homemade sauce. YUMMY!

Upvote 0