Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
During a recent trip to Chicago, I couldn’t help but notice the large number of homeless people in the downtown area, including one homeless man pushing a child in a stroller. Homelessness was frequently discussed during the 1980s, but seems…

Homelessness: How Government Policy Makes It Worse

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yep. Those programs are really not to help the poor. They are to help a politician get elected. The Government keeps the poor poor. It's in their best interest. Votes you know. ;)

People should read Star Parker's articles on Plantation Politics. She was a poor black woman living from hand-out to hand-out until she stopped "spinning of her wheels" and stopped being the benefit of the politicians. Now she is a respected columist and author. Even ran for office herself in the 2010 elections.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Shame on this man.

Just

Shame on him.

Following stats quoted from:

National Coalition for the Homeless (an authoritative source, Tracy. Maybe you could look it up).

This man

This

gentleman

this

Christian,

while providing NO evidence to back his

rather interesting

theory of what causes homelessness, after some preliminary, self serving, oh-so-smug arm waving puts out the proposition that the homeless are homeless because the are essentially lazy, addicted and lack self discipline.

Hey Tracy:

"Research indicates that 40% of homeless men have served in the armed forces."

(so much for the lack of discipline thingy, huh )

"children under the age of 18 accounted for 39% of the homeless population; 42% of these children were under the age of five "

"Two trends are largely responsible for the rise in homelessness over the past 20-25 years: a growing shortage of affordable rental housing and a simultaneous increase in poverty. Persons living in poverty are most at risk of becoming homeless, and demographic groups who are more likely to experience poverty are also more likely to experience homelessness. Recent demographic statistics are summarized below. "

So tell, Tracy old boy, what is the "caring community helps those at risk to develop self-discipline and a good work ethic." going to do to help the above situation?

And would you please, Tracy my man, provide some evidence of all those "private" solutions that work oh so well compared to public ones ?

Because if you can't you son of biscuit, sit down and shut up.

(I am going to have such a migraine tonight for restraining myself on the verbiage and tenor of this post)

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeK
Upvote 0