• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Home

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by LaBèlla, Aug 13, 2019.

1. pinacled

pinacled walking with the Shekinah

+459
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    When Abram was given a new name. I imagine it was on or very near his date of conception. 40 weeks hidden like 2 yoms in a bet/vet to remind a soul they are of value more than a mere meekly arrayed sparrow.

Shabvat Shalom

2. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+4,037
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    All things have their time and purpose. I wanted to return last year but it wasn’t possible. I feel a readiness in my spirit that wasn’t present. Much like something getting ready to hatch.

There were three confirmations of my calling: a Catholic, Protestant, and a Jew. The latter occurred last year. Everything is in place and moving swiftly. ;-)

3. LaBèlla

+4,037
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I have come to realize that the true meaning of home is found by abiding in Him. I experienced a brief period of disinterest in domestic pursuits which was probably the result of fatigue.

But when He renewed my spirit and refreshed me with Himself the apathy dissipated and understanding filled its space. I found the rituals of care are not a reflection of personal interest. They’re physical examples of our makeup and divine blueprint.

I recollected my approach to faith and how it differs from the men I encounter. They search the scriptures and debate many things. But a knowing Voice within recounted his role in our bond and the benefit of his instruction and guidance. My simple belief and unflinching trust is its complement.

It is wondrous to feel the Lord making you anew and bringing your thoughts and heart into alignment with His. As He continues to reveal my place and slough away the old. I am filled with a greater sense of wholeness and peace.

I think J. R. Miller said it best:

Home happiness depends on the wife. Her spirit gives the home its atmosphere. Her hands fashion its beauty. Her heart makes its love.

And the end is so worthy, so noble, so divine, that no woman who has been called to be a wife, and has listened to the call, should consider any price too great to pay, to be the light, the joy, the blessing, the inspiration of a home.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  4. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,198
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    A good descriptor of Beit Shalom.

5. LaBèlla

+4,037
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I didn’t recognize the term. I think its very apropos. Thank you. :)

Shalom Bayit

Shalom means “peace” and a bayit is a “home.”

The Jewish religious concept of domestic harmony and good relations between husband and wife.

Jews have held an ideal standard for Jewish family life that is manifested in the term shalom bayit. Shalom bayit signifies completeness, wholeness, and fulfillment.

Hence, the traditional Jewish marriage is characterized by peace, nurturing, respect, and chesed (roughly meaning kindness, more accurately loving-kindness), through which a married couple becomes complete.

It is believed that God's presence dwells in a pure and loving home.

Article from Chabad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. LaBèlla

+4,037
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    She seeketh tzemer (wool), and flax, and worketh willingly with her palms. Proverbs 31:14

Today I finished my muslin for the dress and the final fitting was done. I’m purchasing fabric (linen) and will wrap up the project in a week or so.

It’s hard to explain the satisfaction I felt when the final stitch was in and I slipped it on. My classmates celebrated and my instructor beamed with pride. I didn’t think of the woman of valor at that time. But I wonder if she felt the same.

Sometimes I marvel how God’s enabling transforms our little into much. I started sewing in June and He led me to a godly instructor and students who love Him. I’ve attended classes on different days and the mood is always the same. Joyous and peaceful.

With every step I’ve taken the fire has grown. A lone skirt became a dress and a blouse. Next month I’m working on a cape or jacket. By spring I’ll have a wardrobe with sleepwear and outerwear too.

When I reflect on her accomplishments I don’t feel daunted. Her productivity is the result of the same Spirit and intention. She’s yielded to God and wholly invested in her position. It isn’t begrudgingly done or seen as burdensome.

That is her priority. We always give the best of ourselves to the things we value most. But in her case it wasn’t things. It was people instead. And that enabled her to provide liberally for her loved ones and those she employed. Her example was a blessing for each.

Perhaps we seem disheartened by her work because we’re divided. We’ve portioned ourselves to this and that and failed to go all-in on anything. Or maybe we’re saving the best for something else.

Something more than God?

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.Colossians 3:23-24

As unto the Lord in all we do. Can you imagine what we’d accomplish if we did?

We’d look a lot like her. Excellence personified. :)