Visit site
✟8,598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The thought of a home birth seems comforting but a lot can go wrong and split second life saving interventions are sometimes needed.
Which trained midwives are fully equipt to handle. Complications that require c-sections can usually be detected well before they become life threating.Complications requiring spilt second interventions are VERY rare, and in many cases, being in a hospital won't make a difference(contrary to popular belief, doctors and c-section rooms are not always immediately availible).

Upvote 0

Hadassah

May 22, 2006
Germany
✟15,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
wow is this an older thread! :D

There are sometimes complications that would prevent homebirth, though I am for it in the cases where there are qualified midwives and OBs attending.

I would say if you want it, find out if it is even legal in your state, and what the qualifications are of your "attending" and if you even qualify to do such a thing.

I know in Alabama you can't do it, and have to go to another state.

I couldn't have done it my last pregnancy (we had complications at the end), and I'm not sure I could this pregnancy either. It looks like this time I'm a prime candidate for a c-section (baby's awfully big, and no I don't have Gestational Diabetes - he's just tall and BIG... like his daddy. :p)

I'm certainly not gung-ho with that idea as I did labor unassisted (no meds) at the hospital last time and I know I can do it... but it is looking like this guy is just too big to pass the exit door ;)

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I want to do a home birth. I think the hospital takes away from the experience. Not to mention I am scared of a c-section and the rate in American hospitals is insanely high most of the drugs they give to induce actually cause c-sections. No thank you I'll try it the natural way God intended first.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The idea of a homebirth for my first doesn't really interest me.
The ladies in my family have a long history of needing emergency c-sections, mostly due to narrow birth canals.

That being said, however, I'm educating myself about more natural births - and while I have consented to an epi, I'm really going to try to put it off for as long as possible. (hopefully the whole thing)
I have a very detailed birthplan and a great OB who thinks it's great.

Just a couple months now...phew, it's gone quick!!

- Niffer

Upvote 0