Corpus Christi
✟16,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. "- Matthew 3:11

What is the baptism of the Holy Spirit? I made a new video on youtube explaining from the scriptures what it means. Subscribe to my channel to get updates when a new video is posted.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. "- Matthew 3:11

What is the baptism of the Holy Spirit? I made a new video on youtube explaining from the scriptures what it means. Subscribe to my channel to get updates when a new video is posted.

I would call the baptism of the Holy Spirit the moment the Lord makes his presence know to us for the first time. It can be a humbling experience.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Nate servant of the Lord

Jan 11, 2018
Corpus Christi
✟16,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would call the baptism of the Holy Spirit the moment the Lord makes his presence know to us for the first time. It can be a humbling experience.

Amen! Yes it is

Reactions: dreadnought
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ORTHODOX DOCTRINES:

1) The third spiritual PERSON of the TRI-UNE God, (Godhead) = God the Holy Spirit,...along with spiritual PERSONS of the God the Father and God the Son (Jesus the Christ)
a) Sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises His PERSONALITY and character (the "Holy" Spirit)
b) Sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises His work and power (the Spirit of "Truth")
c) never referred to as a de-PERSONalized force!
d) many PERSONALIZED names: Helper, Comforter, Counselor, Advocate, the "paraclete"

"Holy" AND "Spirit"
occurs in 101 verses in the NASB, including 92 exact phrases....all but 3 in the NT

"Holy" = Greek 2282 = hagios = 1) most holy thing / person

"Spirit" = Greek 4151 = pneuma =

Scripture supporting God the Holy Spirit as a separate Divine Person..

John 14:16-17 ...the "paraclete"
I (God the Son) will ask the Father,
and He will give you another Helper, (God the Holy Spirit) that He may be with you FOREVER;
that is the Spirit of Truth,
whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him,
but you know Him because He ABIDES WITH you and will be IN you. (at Pentecost)

John 15:26
“When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of Truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me,

John 16:13
But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes,
He will guide you into all the truth;
for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak;
and He will disclose to you what is to come.

John 14:26 (NASB)
But the Helper, (God) the Holy Spirit,
whom (God) the Father will send in My name, (God the Son)
He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said (and DID!) to you.

Ephesians 1:13
In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—
having also believed, you were SEALED in Him with (God) the Holy Spirit of promise,

2 Thessalonians 2:13
God (the Father) has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by (God) the (Holy) Spirit and faith in the truth.

1 John 5:6
This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood. It is (God) the (Holy) Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

Galatians 5: 1-25 (NASB)...Paul: Walk by the Spirit
...But I say, WALK by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.
...But if you are LED by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.
..If we LIVE (indwelt by) by the Spirit,
let us also WALK by the Spirit....

Romans 8: ...(NASB)...Paul: Deliverance from Bondage of Law and Sin
Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...(believers)
...who do not WALK according to the flesh (sin nature)
but ACCORDING to (God) the (Holy) Spirit...(spiritual will of God)
..But if the Spirit of Him (God the Holy Spirit) who raised Jesus from the dead DWELLS in you,...
...For all who are being LED by the (Holy) Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Ephesians 4:30
Do not GRIEVE the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were SEALED for the day of redemption.

1 Thessalonians 5: 12-19 (NASB) Paul: CONDUCT for Christ-followers...
Do not QUENCH (God) the (Holy) Spirit; ....(who is the indwelling "paraclete" communing with your Spirit)
>>>i.e.....Don't throw a "wet blanket" on the "fire" of your Counselor...<<<

Ephesians 5:18
18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be "filled with" (God) the (Holy) Spirit,

Greek 4130 : pimplemi / pleo ~=under the influence of (controlled by)

Acts 2:4,13
And they were all FILLED WITH the Holy Spirit...
(under the control of,... i.e. like a drunk is under the control of alchohol)But others were mocking and saying, “They are full of sweet wine.”

Acts 4:31
And when they had PRAYED, the place where they had gathered together was shaken,
and they were all FILLED WITH (God) the Holy Spirit and began to SPEAK the WORD of GOD with boldness...

Luke 11:13
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give (God) the Holy Spirit
to those who ask Him?”

1 Corinthians 12:13 (NASB) ....The Use of Spiritual Gifts / Unity of the Godhead
For by one (God the Holy) Spirit
we (believers) were all baptized INTO one (spiritual) body, (salvation!)
whether Jews or Greeks,
whether slaves or free, and
we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Upvote 0