✟112,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Christians..
Did you notice any change when the Holy Spirit entered you?
How did you know it had happened?
What did you notice then and since?
Was it primarily intellectual, or attitudinal? Was there a sensation a feeling... what actually happened to you when the Holy Spirit came to you?

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Personally I had come to an understanding of the Kingdom and the HS as in the post Gospel of the Kingdom era came to keep me on that path as it did for them so none of us would hopefully fall to the wayside and back into the world of man we have made in our own image. If you look up the definition of HS in Hebrew it means a guiding wind. Many unfortunately use it to mean a new idea or a means of self justification.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians..
Was it primarily intellectual, or attitudinal? Was there a sensation a feeling... what actually happened to you when the Holy Spirit came to you?
Hi, Tellyontellyon! Good question. When I first believed and asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior, I felt an immense feeling of release inside as my guilt and shame were released., but it wasn't until I really started obeying the Holy Spirit's guidance (like nudges at the edge of my consciousness, go there, say this, do that), that the real fireworks started. As I was walking up to the church doorsteps for the first time, I felt this pure, clean, liquid white light welling up in my heart and filling my soul with peace, and I heard a voice in my mind saying "this is home". That feeling stayed with me whenever I prayed for a long time, and that church became a home for me in many ways. Hope this helps. I changed a great deal overall, and I can't quite put it into words in it's totality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I first got saved I was already serving and had given a message or two. I decided to get baptized as my act of obedience and as a sign of my cleansing. I was all repented up. I wanted to do it all right according to the book. My catholic baptism no longer sufficed be cause I had chosen to believe. I knew what I believed and I loved Him. I had a long way to go though and I wanted to be great. If you want to be great in Gods kingdom you have got to be servant of all. I wanted to study, to read, to witness and overcome my fears. I knew I had a fighting chance. I always felt compelled to obey the word and never quit.

I just knew. I am able to write messages. But the HS is in it all the way. Making me creative beyond myself,

He began regenerating my mind. What happened? Just joy and gladness.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,120.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believed in God, but didn't know God could be close to people, i thought he was far away in the sky there, judging people or something, one day i went to church and the Holy spirit just filled me just like that, i accepted Jesus when i was little, so i guess he took my word for it, because the difference that that experience made was: Now i wanted to follow and please God forever, i was sure he existed totally, and a new spiritual world just opened, now i knew God can be as close as anyone else or more.

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟27,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I became aware of the Holy Spirit in me when I would find truths in the Bible that had previously been revealed to me in prayer. Then these same truths would come out of the mouths of other believers. There is nothing more joyful than knowing we share the same Spirit.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Christians..
No particular feeling, its just as I grew in the knowledge of the Truth, I came to begin to know and hear His voice sometimes. I don't always follow it always, especially out in public, etc. But that is also getting a little bit better sometimes, over time, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0